Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Five Dates With Kimmy Gibbler

Kimmy decides to date around to make sure Fernando's "the one." DJ snags Steph an important audition, and Max and Steve team up to play detective.

Directed by: Candace Cameron Bure

OK, can we talk about Candace bringing on her religious zealot brother, Kirk Cameron, to play an oddly tanned single version of himself, hitting on Kimmy?

Edited by jmonique
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

TBH, I was surprised that Kirk agreed to take on this part, even though Candace is his sister. He was playing himself essentially, but Kirk Cameron wouldn't be going on dates. 

I get what they were trying to do when DJ said that she didn't get the appeal of Kirk Cameron, but they should have had Steve and/or Matt in there stating something to the effect of having a crush on "Kirk's sister" (without mentioning her first name).

• Love 1

Count me in as shocked that Kirk Cameron agreed to go on this show. Especially since he acknowledged his role as a teen hearthrob! There's so many things that have happened on this show that Kirk Cameron, religious zealot, disagrees with! Wondering if he is pretty despreate for relevance at this point or if he has loosened up a little. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, sara416 said:

Count me in as shocked that Kirk Cameron agreed to go on this show. Especially since he acknowledged his role as a teen hearthrob! There's so many things that have happened on this show that Kirk Cameron, religious zealot, disagrees with! Wondering if he is pretty despreate for relevance at this point or if he has loosened up a little. 

Kirk has not done much since becoming a religious zealot.  I think only some minor religious programming.  Even Kevin Sorbo who is a religious zealot himself has done a bit more work with some religious movies (he's found Jesus type movies) on Netflix.

Kirk really should kiss his sister's butt for giving him a spot on Fuller House.    Does anyone remember if Kimmy was really into Kirk Cameron on the original series or was that just new plot contrivance for this episode?

• Love 1

Alternate Universe Kirk Cameron threw me off. I was expecting a member of New Kids on the Block from the outfit alone. I really didn’t think he’d do the show, although he did do those Growing Pains reunion movies.

On 12/11/2019 at 8:30 AM, greekmom said:

Kirk has not done much since becoming a religious zealot.  I think only some minor religious programming.  Even Kevin Sorbo who is a religious zealot himself has done a bit more work with some religious movies (he's found Jesus type movies) on Netflix

In fairness, Fireproof and the Left Behind series were pretty popular in the Christian community, although those were over a decade ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, bettername2come said:

In fairness, Fireproof and the Left Behind series were pretty popular in the Christian community, although those were over a decade ago.

The weird thing is that the Christian movie business is thriving right now (I remember when The War Room and God's Not Dead were pretty sizeable hits in recent years) so I'm surprised he hasn't maintained a career there. Then again, he's a pain in the ass to work with, at least during the Growing Pains years, so who knows how many bridges he burned there.

This should have been on a New Kid on the Block date, damn it.

I did get a kick out of Kimmy connecting with a criminal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Alternate Universe Kirk Cameron who is somehow Kirk Cameron but not Candace's brother is just confusing! So in this universe, Kirk Cameron doesent have a sister Candace, but does go on dates with other women, and I am so confused! 

I guess I can get why Kirk Cameron was here, with Candace and all that, but it was certainly surprising to see him playing a version of himself going on dates with women that arent his wife! He hasn't been doing much lately, maybe he felt like he had to suck it up and play the game a bit after Candace got him this job? 

Kimmy and the criminal was pretty funny, as was Ferdando hiding out in increasingly ridiculous places on her dates. "I was deep undercover..."

• Love 2