Type keyword(s) to search

The Haves And The Have Nots - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So I can"t bring myself to watch this anymore but I'm dying to know what Candace did with Quincy's body? Still rotting away in her hallway?

Yep. It's only been a day or so but the smell must be getting interesting. Wonder if the actor still gets paid for multiple episodes of laying of floor not moving? Amanda didn't get this long of a death sequence and she was a legacy character.

• Love 1

Yep. It's only been a day or so but the smell must be getting interesting. Wonder if the actor still gets paid for multiple episodes of laying of floor not moving? Amanda didn't get this long of a death sequence and she was a legacy character.

That's right, one day in Tyler Perry land = an entire season in the real world. Jeez, another reason I just can't with this show, to slowwwww. 

And on the topic of TP's obsession with men's crotches ..he seems to also be obsessed with men half naked for no reason. i.e. Wyatt dancing around the house in his underwear.

Thank goodness, that's one of TP's few assets.

Brava to Renee Lawless for her performance in that scene with Jennifer (and kudos to whoever wrote her dialogue).

I agree, Joimiaroxeu.  Lawless is the show's secret weapon, she constantly delivers the goods.

• Love 1

Aw, Jennifer, I was sorta liking you until you went all crazy jealous over a man you haven't even slept with. Your arm must be tired from carrying that pointless torch for so long.

One would think a supposedly high-powered political operative like Maggie could afford to get better hair extensions...or simply wear a wig.

David is such a fool. What difference does it make how long or who with? This is a woman who tried to kill him in his own home, in his own bed. And then there's all the crap she's done to Jeffrey. AFAIC, he should divorce Ronnie's evil self and let her swing in the wind.

"Gladly." Chilling.

Not sure what to make of Quincy's sister's accent. It seems really affected to me and like the actress is trying too hard.

Re the previews, yay! Oscar's back. I'll look forward to Candace having a few words with him. I think the actors have great chemistry.

Candace needs to see a dermatologist ASAP.

I remember seeing Tika back when she was on One Life to Live. She wore heavy makeup then just like she seems to be doing now. I wonder if the makeup is helping to cause the problem or is an attempt to hide it? Either way, those tight closeups don't do anyone on this show any favors, IMO.

I will that was crazy. It is time for some comeuppance for Veronica. I am glad Maggie got what she wanted. I don't know how long will it last .Jeffrey had turned into a real wuss blaming Candace for his problems.

Why do I get the feeling that Maggie's NOT gonna take that Morning After pill? And WHY do I see another catfight in my crystal ball with her and Ronnie?

Why didn't Hanna just call 911 to get the boy to the hospital from the motel in the first place?

What kind of hospital doesn't let the guardian know what meds her grandson is taking the FIRST time he was taken there? Don't they have medical records?

Will Benny beat the livin' goat snot outta Wyatt? What will happen when Kat gets home and finds out he's got his loot and gone?

Kinda tired of watching Wyatt act like Ferris Bueller on his day off.....and when is Jeffrey going to change into some CLEAN ASS clothes?

How old is Quincy's sister - TWO? She sounds like it and acts like it.....

I expected MORE from this episode....Guess I'll have to wait til next week now.....

Edited by GrtGzu

Why do I get the feeling that Maggie's NOT gonna take that Morning After pill?

Yep, now Maggie's going to be pregnant with David's baby. Way to jump from the frying pan into the fire, David. Now you'll have two nutbag baby mamas.

Will Benny beat the livin' goat snot outta Wyatt?

That's the least Wyatt deserves. Benny should probably kick Jim, Katheryn, Ronnie, and David's behinds too since they covered it up and basically enabled Wyatt to get away with it.

Why didn't Hanna just call 911 to get the boy to the hospital from the motel in the first place?

Too easy. Hanna would rather make three left turns instead of one right one because that gives her more time to wallow in her sanctimony.

Not that I want her to come back but is Celine gone for good now? She hasn't been seen since before the mid-season, has she?

Hasn't Oscar met Benny, or at least seen pictures of him back when he was scamming Candace? I remember that he met Hanna but I don't recall if Benny was also present.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

Okay, so no one's going to talk about the long-awaited David/Maggie hook-up last night?

Who knew David was a wild animal in the bedroom (according to Mags)? And then in the afterglow of the hot sex, dumb David tells Maggie it was a mistake!  The guy just has no game at all......

I want to smack the living shit out of Candace's nosy neighbor! Why doesn't somebody tell her to fuck off??

Love, love how Candace's mind works. Dead body buried in her backyard, compliments of Benny,  next thing you know she's moving on telling him how he can make millions off of the Cryer's.  She never stops.... 

I want to smack the living shit out of Candace's nosy neighbor! Why doesn't somebody tell her to fuck off??

C'mon!  She's quickly becoming my favorite character.  I was hoping she would pop up in other scenes, telling Wyatt to put some clothes on, asking Hannah why didn't she call an ambulance.  The actress is Marie Cheatham, she's a soap vet, she played Stephanie on Search for Tomorrow and Aunt Charlene on GH.

Poor Maggie. Just let herself be used as a live sex toy and then reduced to begging and even more lying.

David has an interesting body. Were those abs painted on? No wonder Veronica was getting with Benny.

Jennifer is kinda dumb, tipping so much of her hand to Jim and Ronnie. Pride goeth before the fall, Jen.

And again, Hanna using Scripture as both a crutch and a weapon...

LOL at Candace's girlfriend taking off her earrings. So where was the tub of Vaseline? Whatever, it's probably not too smart to assault a government employee, Candy. Especially when you've got a body buried in your backyard and a racist , busybody neighbor who's looking to stir up trouble with the aid of her son the cop.

So Landon apparently knows about Oscar since he helped him scam Candace but I wonder if Maggie knows? Either way, I'm looking forward to the eventual Candace vs. Oscar showdown.

OK I’m sooo back to being done.

Will likely just follow comments here until the season finale.

-- I though Candace suspected Oscar was put up to it by Harrington or Cryer – so why would she think the social worker -- of all people -- would know anything about Oscar?? Especially since she was just threatened by War and was telling the truth when she said she didn’t have the money...why wouldn’t she think the Social worker would be telling the truth about not know ing anything about Oscar...again –why WOULD she know?

-- It’s season 3 and now all of a sudden we find out there’s some bad girl – who’s so ride-or-die with Candace that she’s willing to assault a city or county social worker?? Unless they kill her can’t she just say who beat her up?

-- Hannah sure knows her Bible verse, doesn’t she? I’ve I had 100K for every time she or Wyatt said “you know” or “I don’t know” I could retire early.

Edited by selhars
I though Candace suspected Oscar was put up to it by Harrington or Cryer – so why would she think the social worker -- of all people -- would know anything about Oscar?? Especially since she was just threatened by War and was telling the truth when she said she didn’t have the money...why wouldn’t she think the Social worker would be telling the truth about not know ing anything about Oscar...again –why WOULD she know?

Candace thinks the social worker was also a part of the scheme. She remembers the moment Oscar got access to her bank account number: it was when the social worker was pressuring Candace to prove she had the finances to support her child and that fancy house she was living in even though she didn't have a job. Oscar gallantly insisted upon transferring $500k immediately to Candace's bank account, and she willingly gave him access (or at least awareness of the account number). Apparently Candy doesn't believe in coincidences so she assumed the social worker was in on it. Plus, I guess she was just feeling very humiliated that she got scammed and found someone she could take it out on in the short run.

• Love 1

Yes, I get that but -- I thought she thought David was behind hit….and the social worker was doing her job. She had no vested interest other than that.

So is the social works supposed to be so scared of Candace that she won't say who beat her to a pulp?

I guess we'll have to see if she legitimately can't' remember what happened -- or just says she can't. 

Like I said, I'm done until season finale time.

So I know when to come back…how many more episodes until then.

Yes, I get that but -- I thought she thought David was behind hit….and the social worker was doing her job. She had no vested interest other than that.

The audience knows that but Candy and her girlfriend don't. They think they "figured out" that Allyah was in cahoots with Oscar and knows where he is.

So is the social works supposed to be so scared of Candace that she won't say who beat her to a pulp?

I guess we'll have to see if she legitimately can't' remember what happened -- or just says she can't.

Yeah, if Candace decides she can assault a government employee she'll pretty much have to go all the way and kill the poor woman. Unless she has something to hold over Allyah's head (taking a bribe?) I don't see how or why Candace wouldn't be getting arrested real soon. It'd be interesting though if Allyah does confess that she helped Oscar in exchange for a payoff or something.

As far as when the season ends, who knows? Last year they broke for midseason near the end of March and picked up again at the end of June.

it's probably not too smart to assault a government employee, Candy. Especially when you've got a body buried in your backyard and a racist , busybody neighbor who's looking to stir up trouble with the aid of her son the cop.

....and importantly, when you're trying to gain custody of your son.

Edited by sereion1
  • Love 1

Like I said, I'm done until season finale time.

So I know when to come back…how many more episodes until then.

Two more. 

-- It’s season 3 and now all of a sudden we find out there’s some bad girl – who’s so ride-or-die with Candace that she’s willing to assault a city or county social worker?? Unless they kill her can’t she just say who beat her up?

Unless the social worker was really in on it with Oscar....which I think would be rediculous but this is TP we're talking about.

So Candace was right about Oscar paying off Allyah. Did not expect that.

The bank officer DA Jennifer called was clearly reading his lines either from the props or from something off-camera. Very unprofessional.

Why on earth would psycho Ronnie expect David to bail her out? She tried to kill him! And why do Jim and David refuse to tell Katheryn what her BFF had done to Wyatt during his scared straight adventure? Kate would probably claw Veronica's eyes out, just for starters.

Yeah, no, Miss Hanna. You probably don't want to be calling your employer's best friend a "trifling ass" to her husband.

A little blow, Wyatt? That might've been enough for every cokehead in the state. An OD could be looming for him.

Landon looked like he's lost a lot of weight, maybe too much. Grab yourself a couple of sandwiches, Landon. You're too gorgeous to be looking like a coatrack.

This seems to have been another of those episodes where TP didn't have enough script to fill the 42 minutes. Everybody was talking extra slow and there were a lot of painfully circular conversations. Things are heating up though.

• Love 1

Also shocked that busty social worker lady was on the take.

I could go entire episodes just watching Candi and bestie Erica sipping wine and beating the crap out of people. 

Hate Hanna.

Why does Katherine care if Jim gets out? He's a cheater, she blames him for Amanda's suicide and putting Wyatt in jail, and he's an overall D-Bag.

Maggie Day most certainly DID NOT take the morning after pill.

Or.....I may be reaching here, but perhaps, the Social Worker lied about Oscar paying her off, to save herself from another beatdown.

I didn't see all of last week's show, in sticking with my pledge not to watch entire episodes until the finale.

So I take it the social worker said she was in on it so as to be able to get out of there….so it could have been a lie. 

Which leads me to ask, once she got out why wouldn't she do to the police. (please don't say be cause she's Sooo scared of Candace. Heck she's a government worker, assaulted for carrying out her duty. Once the place got Candace they'd throe her under the jail.

My other question was once the Social Worker said she was in on it. Did Candace say well call him right her and now. Why let her go to give her the chance to go to the police without knowing for sure she was telling the truth. (please don't' tell me the woman said she didn't know how to get ahold of him.)

I did see about the last 1/2 of the episode:

-- Jim not getting bail, Ronnie getting bail

-- The DA talking to the bank manager, Wyatt in the hotel with the computer guy and drugs

-- The David/Hannah confab in the Cryer kitchen

-- Candace and her friend talk about War's crimes, Candace wondering if she's blown in and her mom was right

-- David and Bennie's fight, then David walking out when he hears Ronnie made bail.

Is. ANYONE. else. sick of Kathryn's empty you'll feel my wrath dialog. She's been talking her bullshit for three seasons and I haven't seen her do squat. It's tired already. I DO like Bennie's tough talk. He might be too dumb and out of the loop to back it up. But comparing his threats to Kathryn's -- Kat rings hollow. Iv'e just heard it all too many times before…with no action to back it up.

Edited by selhars
(please don't' tell me the woman said she didn't know how to get ahold of him.)

Yep, she did say that but Candy told her whatever, you better get my money and gave her a short amount of time to come up with $500k or something ridiculous. (Candace has War breathing down her neck and hopes he'll accept a down payment on what he expects to get from her.) Allyah said she'd try to get a loan from her credit union.

Which leads me to ask, once she got out why wouldn't she do to the police. (please don't say be cause she's Sooo scared of Candace. Heck she's a government worker, assaulted for carrying out her duty. Once the place got Candace they'd throe her under the jail.

Allyah said she took a $25,000 bribe from Oscar and has spent all the money. Candy said she'd get her in trouble for taking a bribe. Allyah seemed to be more worried about losing her job than getting beat up again.

Yep, she did say that but Candy told her whatever, you better get my money and gave her a short amount of time to come up with $500k or something ridiculous. (Candace has War breathing down her neck and hopes he'll accept a down payment on what he expects to get from her.) Allyah said she'd try to get a loan from her credit union.

Uh, a 500-THOUSAND dollar loan from her credit union? Heck even a 100-thousand dollar loan?….

Lord ha' mercy.

So Candace fell for the old "I don't know how to get ahold of him routine."

Which may be true. But it's SUCH a tired and trite plot device.

Oh I see in the coming scenes Jeffrey ends up in jail with the freaking homophobic (gay?) cop. Really, TP?

Edited by selhars
  • Love 1

Is. ANYONE. else. sick of Kathryn's empty you'll feel my wrath dialog. She's been talking her bullshit for three seasons and I haven't seen her do squat. It's tired already. I DO like Bennie's tough talk. He might be too dumb and out of the loop to back it up. But comparing his threats to Kathryn's -- Kat rings hollow. Iv'e just heard it all too many times before…with no action to back it up.

Yea, I'm sick of it,too. Especially since right after Amanda died, she blamed Jim for being such a crappy father and went on and on about how she was so done with him, hated him, tired of his lying and cheating and wanted a divorce. What happened to that? Now she's trying desperately to get him out of jail. She's an awesome actress but once again, you can only do so much with a half ass script. 

Allyah said she took a $25,000 bribe from Oscar and has spent all the money. Candy said she'd get her in trouble for taking a bribe. Allyah seemed to be more worried about losing her job than getting beat up again.

I thought Candy wanted $100,000. Anyway, Candy better keep her mouth shut and fly under the radar for a while, after all, she did just murder someone and has his dead body buried in her backyard....

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

Maybe it's my bias -- but how in the hell -- and where in the hell would the social worker get even just a $100,000 loan -- from anywhere. Unless you already have a HELOC in place, or some high credit card limits….. Banks don't just OK 100K loans just like that.

I'm just sick of Candace (and Ronnie but I'll get to that later)

I can't forgive or forget that Candace had no reason to even believe the social worker was in on it.!

The trial scene…..  Jim being denied bail, and Ronnie making bail….how been there done that.

I WISH TYLER PERRY WOULD NOW LET KATHRYN BE THE NEW BITCH BECAUSE I'M SICK OF VERONICA'S SIDE EYE. That look is reason enough for her to be killed off.

I'm soooo ready for Kathryn and David -- AND JEFFERY --  to be the ones to watch out for !! Although I think TP would eff that up too.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 2
(edited)

At the risk of sounding snobbish, I HATE listening to Quincy's sister; I realized her character is from the hood, but her accent comes across as forced--and fake. Most people from the hood don't sound as bad as she does.

I cannot stand Hannah, but I did enjoy her friendship with Katherine, and I hate to see coming to an end; I felt bad for Katherine, while I don't agree with what she did, she was protecting her son--which is what most mothers would have done. I do hope they can mend their friendship.

Edited by sereion1
  • Love 1

This show is really becoming dark and depressing.  The scene's with Jeffrey and the cop. Wow. And Candy with her back up thugs wanting to kick the crap out of anybody she thinks is screwing her over.

The scene with Hannah and Katherine. Katherine is right, Hannah knew and she let Katherine continue to pay for all Wyatt's medical expenses. If I were Hannah, I would stop being so damn self righteous and let Katherine buy me a house or "help her out" after her house burned down like she offered. That was some good acting between those two. 

This show is really becoming dark and depressing.  The scene's with Jeffrey and the cop.

Dark and depressing?  That scene was hysterical.  Jeffrey getting closetcasecop in a scissor hold was priceless.  If The Soup was still on, they'd be playing this shit.

• Love 2

Dark and depressing?  That scene was hysterical.  Jeffrey getting closetcasecop in a scissor hold was priceless.  If The Soup was still on, they'd be playing this shit.

Lol, shout out to the Soup! You are right, but the scenes leading up to the scissorhold and after were creepy...

• Love 1

I guess it would be creepy if the acting and writing were top-notch, but alas the only thing worse than the acting is the atrocious writing, it's hard to take it seriously when Jeffrey, who had been previously been assaulted by the same cop, gets said cop in a scissorhold and actually says 'you give' to the cop WHO STILL HAS HIS GUN!  I can only laugh.

• Love 1

I love Hanna and Katheryn's friendship and like the character of Hanna she's the only sane person on that show despite her own flaws and past mistakes. As much I hate that their friendship will strain, Hanna has every right to be mad right now. Some people been saying Hanna knew the whole time what Wyatt did just looked the other way and allowed Katheryn to help Benny but that is simply not true. As I recall, Katheryn offered to help Hanna but when she felt for sure that Wyatt hit Benny and the little girl, she refused Katheryn's help and quit her job. Katheryn had Benny moved and paid for his medical bills without her knowledge. Then at the jail when Hanna learned what Katheryn did, she felt she only did it to shut her up about Wyatt, but by that time Hanna told the police what she heard and was sure Wyatt was guilty.  She was determined for Wyatt to pay for his crimes.  Then Jim bribed another man to pretend to be the guy Wyatt hit and then forced another man to confess to the crime and Hanna felt she wrongly accused Wyatt. She later apologized to them and begged for forgiveness and they continued to let her think that. Katheryn didn't hold it against her like Jim did and even let her have her job back.  It wasn't until Wyatt told her point blank that she knew it was true.  She rightfully feels betrayed by Katheryn and is fed up with the Cryers and Harringtons getting away with a lot because they're rich.  I don't like how both Wyatt and Katheryn are acting like she knew the whole time when it fact Jim with David's help made sure Wyatt wasn't exposed and fooled everyone into believing some other person committed the crime.  I do want Hanna to forgive Katheryn someday but right now she should be allowed to be angry.  Since she already let Wyatt, David and Katheryn have it, I really would like her to let Jim have it for how she treated her knowing full well his son was guilty.  Jim deserves it the most.

This show is really becoming dark and depressing.  The scene's with Jeffrey and the cop. Wow. And Candy with her back up thugs wanting to kick the crap out of anybody she thinks is screwing her over.

The scene with Hannah and Katherine. Katherine is right, Hannah knew and she let Katherine continue to pay for all Wyatt's medical expenses. If I were Hannah, I would stop being so damn self righteous and let Katherine buy me a house or "help her out" after her house burned down like she offered. That was some good acting between those two. 

Hannah suspected but she didn't have any real proof and didn't want to condemn Katherine's son over something she was unsure about.

• Love 2

So how is it that Quita nem saw the bleach stain on the floor but the downlow cop didn't? Did his thirstiness cloud his vision?

Wonder where the actress playing Quita is taking her acting cues from, Mammy from Gone With the Wind?

Since when are Landon and Candace friendly enough that he would follow her alone into a random hotel room? I find it hard to believe that he'd be so desperate for some action.

Jeffrey's pretty brave to be reading someone who's carrying a gun and can kill him with impunity. I'm glad he got that situation firmly in hand though...

Katheryn was mostly wrong but I did appreciate her calling out holier-than-thou's Hanna's hypocrisy. And come on, Kate, you can't call the person you pay to clean the toilets your friend. There's probably at least 150 years worth of guilt in your DNA and that's what driving your need to be your maid's "friend".

So was this the midseason finale or is it next week?

• Love 2

So how is it that Quita nem saw the bleach stain on the floor but the downlow cop didn't? Did his thirstiness cloud his vision?

Wonder where the actress playing Quita is taking her acting cues from, Mammy from Gone With the Wind?

Since when are Landon and Candace friendly enough that he would follow her alone into a random hotel room? I find it hard to believe that he'd be so desperate for some action.

Jeffrey's pretty brave to be reading someone who's carrying a gun and can kill him with impunity. I'm glad he got that situation firmly in hand though...

Katheryn was mostly wrong but I did appreciate her calling out holier-than-thou's Hanna's hypocrisy. And come on, Kate, you can't call the person you pay to clean the toilets your friend. There's probably at least 150 years worth of guilt in your DNA and that's what driving your need to be your maid's "friend".

So was this the midseason finale or is it next week?

What hypocrisy? There is no way you can paint Hanna as wrong in this situation no matter how hard you try. And Katheryn called Hanna a friend because Hanna was there for her through some tough times in her life going beyond the duty of a maid.

• Love 1

I agree; Kathryn and Hannah's friendship was deeper than that of employer/employee. When Kathryn got Benny admitted to a reputable hospital, and offered Hannah a place to stay after her got destroyed, it was out of sincerity, as she valued her friendship w/Hanna. I get why Hanna wants nothing to do with her; she almost lost her Benny at the hands of her BFF's son, and she played the role of covering it up. Still again, I hate that their friendship is in jeopardy.

Interesting to me that Candy doesn't fully trust her girl Erica. Meanwhile, I had to laugh when Erica told Candace her phone was ringing. No duh. People three states away could've heard it.

With $12 million the best Wyatt could do was that tiny room? I guess he doesn't need much space to keep sniffing until he ODs.

I thought that was a great scene between Katheryn and Hanna. Clearly Hanna was a major lifeline for Kate and they had been very close. However, I stand by my belief that Hanna's friendship and loyalty was something Kate thought she'd had the privilege to purchase. AFAIC you don't pay your friend to clean your toilets. I don't think Hanna ever lost awareness of that despite all the personal support they had given each other. She knows that at the end of the day, she's still Kate's employee and she's not working for free or for friendship.

This still wasn't the mid-season finale was it? It looked like the big cliffhangers are coming in the next episode: "Bitch, I will have you murdered in the street." Love it when Katheryn goes gangsta.

With $12 million the best Wyatt could do was that tiny room? I guess he doesn't need much space to keep sniffing until he ODs.

Note to production:  A coke-fueled orgy does not look like twenty-something extras standing around, drinking out of red Solo cups.  They  looked like they were attending a teen mixer.

• Love 2

That place Wyatt is at is only temporary....'member when the guy he's trying to buy the house from said he has to wait until the papers are done and some other crap about when it will actually "close" so in the meantime, Wyatt took a lease out on the place he's at now.....

i think she's setting Maggie up to BE killed at the house where she's staying. So David doesn't know Veronica's address, but Jim knew where to send the hit man  to? Instead of running all over town why not just put Oscar on the case to find out? isn't her address in her arrest paperwork? And besides, is this her true "address" of record or is that still the family home. I'm sorry, I just can't take the plot holes on this show.

So Ronnie moved out of the house with David because of fire repairs? or did she LEAVE him? "cause if this is just a house she's renting…..I'm sure she's had time to put in a state of the art video system so she can see who's in the house. And of course it just. so. happens. she can see right where the killer is sitting.

And what are the chances that JIM calls to have a hit put on Ronnie -- and picks someone who knows Quincy's crowd? Why didn't he call the Malones again? Qunicy's sister shouldn't know anything about ANY of the hits.

My attention was diverted….did Ronnie go around back TO MEET Quincy's sister? And the sister knew how and why to contact Ronnie how, exactly?? Doesn't everyone do their clandestine scheming the the parking lot of police headquarters?

Edited by selhars

M attention was diverted

I can't see how that happened!  The drama is spellbinding!

did Ronnie go around back TO MEET Quincy's sister? 

Yes, Ronnie had her driver cruise the back parking lot until Quita was released.  Ronnie asked her driver to take a walk and then she spoke to Quita.

And the sister knew how and why to contact Ronnie how, exactly??

Originally, Quita bumped into Ronnie at the Savannah Police Station.  As one does in Savannah.

• Love 1