Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Welcome to the Dealbreaker

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When Gemma sets a reluctant Malcolm up on a blind date with a teacher at her school, she discovers new details about the origins of her relationship with Dave. Also, Marty helps Calvin and Tina plan for their future.

Airdate: 11/25/2019

Aww, poor Malcolm doesn't feel worthy of his blind date. That was quite a laugh on her, heh. 

I loved Calvin and Tina arguing over the will and their hypothetical spouses. 

"Shut the damn door!" cracked me up. Once again, poor Malcolm, lol. 

• Love 4

The look on Dave's face whenever Sophia laughed was hilarious! All the stuff with the will was great too, very funny episode. 

Gemma encouraging and supporting Malcolm was sweet. Not all women will write off a man just because he still lives with his parents. My husband and his sister were well into their 30s and still living at home when we first met. Living "at home" is a great way to save money for the future.

• Love 2

Sophia’s laugh = Elaine’s dancing on Seinfeld.  But it would be harder to live with than Elaine’s dancing.

Poor Malcolm. As soon as they started extolling Sophia’s virtues, I knew her laugh wasn’t the problem.

Boo-yah!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

I agree with Dave! The Oompa Loompas should have gotten the factory!!!

And if Grandpa Joe could have gotten up, he should have gotten up out of that bed YEARS ago and gotten a damn job. OR, his mother, who had been working herself almost to death, should have gotten to go on the trip. Don't believe the hype!

I knew what Malcolm's deal was, but I was thinking that in cities with high COLs like LA, it's not that unusual to live with family. And even if she does look down on him (which she clearly didn't), it's best to be honest about who you are up front. Malcolm has nothing to be ashamed of. (Her laugh was bonkers though.)

The way Marty responds to trouble is one of my favorite things about this show. He gets these great panicked looks. Calvin's "You did ... you dead!" had me rolling. Actually that whole sub-plot was gold. (They do need a will, though. Everybody needs a will.)

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 7

I miss this show at times because I get home late from work, which I hate because it's a new favorite. What a great cast. Dave's looks at her laugh, Marty's future stepbrother/ dad, lol. Tina was hilarious. Calvin and Tina's relationship is so fun to watch.

I felt so bad for Malcom. I missed the beginning with how Sophia was introduced but she seemed really nice. Gemma is right, he's an amazing guy. If anyone can understand the high cost of living and saving for the future, I bet it's a teacher 🙂 Go Dr. Wedding Bells. Lol

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 5