Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Friendsgiving

AgentRXS

CB celebrates Thanksgiving by having all of William Penn rally around him after a cooking incident at his house, while the alumni faculty football game brings out the competitive sides of Wilma and Coach Mellor

Original air date: November 20, 2019

I really felt for CB. It sucks when you realize people you considered family or framily don't consider you more than an acquaintance. Yea, these people are all coworkers and in reality that's going to be unrealistic but for the purposes of the show, the coworker circle is the social circle. For some people a Friendsgiving is all they get. I hope they show changed interactions between CB and these peripheral colleagues.

I loved the competition between Coach Mellor and Wilma. They are fun together.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, theredhead77 said:

I really felt for CB. It sucks when you realize people you considered family or framily don't consider you more than an acquaintance. Yea, these people are all coworkers and in reality that's going to be unrealistic but for the purposes of the show, the coworker circle is the social circle. For some people a Friendsgiving is all they get. I hope they show changed interactions between CB and these peripheral colleagues.

I loved the competition between Coach Mellor and Wilma. They are fun together.

The competition between them was pretty funny. Still, I liked in the end when they finally make amends. The episode had a quite a heartwarming ending, as should a Thanksgiving episode.

• Love 6

Yeah, this one hurt. It always stings to realize you're emotionally invested in people who, while they like you well enough, will never see you as more than an acquaintance.

The detail of Glascott's jealous parrot made me laugh. We have a family friend who's petrified of birds and found love - with a man who had just bought a giant Blue & Gold Macaw weeks prior to them meeting. The bird was enormously jealous and possessive and plucked herself bald in protest. Almost 12 years later, they're still reluctant roommates and the bird is still plucked clean from the neck down.

Mellor has chemistry with everyone. I ship him with everyone. I think I also just have a massive crush on the actor at this point. Willma made a delightful sparring partner.

Why did they even tease an Adam cameo? There's no way they could style him to look 30+.

For an episode that was about creating the situational groundwork for the CB/Lainey hookup via the roommate situation, Lainey seemed remarkably uninterested in CB.

• Love 5

I felt bad for CB too. It was bad enough when no one wanted to do his Friendsgiving but then when his apartment burned, that was just awful. I felt so sorry for him. And add to that that he didn't have any family nearby. 

Of the people he could stay with, I can't imagine being comfortable staying with Glascott and his weird bird or Mellor and his peculiar lifestyle. Then there's that other male teacher who doesn't get many lines and I don't remember his name but he seems normal. 

• Love 4

Poor CB, not only did he realize that his work friends dont take their relationship as seriously as he does, but his house burns down and they give him a thoughtful but half assed Friendsgiving right after! It made it all the sweeter though when everyone came together for him, and the real CB talked about the real life story. 

Coach and Wilma being super competitive was hilarious, and while I was a bit disappointed to not get an older Adam cameo, it was fun to see some of the Goldburgs kids back! Coach, you know I'm a professional athlete right? I've been to the world series?"

• Love 5
On 11/21/2019 at 9:10 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Mellor has chemistry with everyone. I ship him with everyone. I think I also just have a massive crush on the actor at this point. Willma made a delightful sparring partner.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. lol I loved Mellor and Wilma's competition and yeah, totally ended up shipping them just as hard as I shipped him and Aunt Julie...and even him and Lainey and sometimes even him and Glascott. lol I've got quite the crush on the coach. 

While I was touched by the Friendsgiving story I wasn't really that into it. Sorry to hear that CB's place really did catch fire. 😞

• Love 3