Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: The Grief Panda

In the aftermath of Will and McCoy breaking up, Grace and Jack hire the Grief Panda to help Will process his pain. With Karen completely occupied with her new baseball team, Grace believes that she has to fire Karen in order to set her free.

Original airdate: November 21, 2019

OMG, that Bryan Singer line. 

That was a nice ending between Grace and Karen. 

The Grief Panda seemed like a character I could've seen John Oliver introducing on his show for some reason or another :p. I liked the running joke with him always having an answer ready for whatever the others were talking about. Curious to see if Will takes up that suggestion to meet that new guy. 

• Love 8

The negativity between Grace and Karen had a different feel this episode, it made me uneasy — I think because I had the feud allegations in the back of my mind the whole time they were arguing. I was relieved by the sweet ending between the two, though.

I loved the way Grief Panda kept responding to Will by just shrugging at Jack, like “How am I supposed to work with this?!” 

I thought his card bit would get old but it didn’t, at least not for me. Reminds me of Kit-Kat from Hudson Hawk. (Yes, that is one of my favorite movies ever, come fight me! 😅)

Grief Panda also made me think of Sexual Harassment Panda from South Park. Seems like a person could make a decent living off a panda suit. 🐼 

• Love 9

Was I the only one who found that particular panda suit to be kinda freaky-looking?

When they first mentioned the idea of the grief panda, I thought it would be cute. But that looked like the panda suit a serial killer would own.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

OMG, that Bryan Singer line. 

Yeah that was a good one. Between that and Mike Pence's spank bank this show really manages to pull off some zingers.

I don't really get why Will is going around saying he's going to be a father. He hasn't even found a surrogate or an egg donor yet and there are only a handful of episodes left. It still seems like he's going to wind up helping Grace raise her baby so it makes me feel like that's the baby he's talking about and maybe they skipped over something.

The negativity between Grace and Karen had a different feel this episode, it made me uneasy — I think because I had the feud allegations in the back of my mind the whole time they were arguing. 

Where are these rumors coming from? I haven't seen anything other than speculation in this forum based on nothing but the fact that they haven't had a lot of scenes together. I think the writers just like pairing Karen with Jack and there really isn't anything more to it than that.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Was I the only one who found that particular panda suit to be kinda freaky-looking?

When they first mentioned the idea of the grief panda, I thought it would be cute. But that looked like the panda suit a serial killer would own.

Nope, it was definitely freaky looking, LOL. Dead eyes, and mouth open but not smiling/laughing, the creepiness made it hilarious 🤣 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Where are these rumors coming from? I haven't seen anything other than speculation in this forum based on nothing but the fact that they haven't had a lot of scenes together. I think the writers just like pairing Karen with Jack and there really isn't anything more to it than that.

They have been acting passive agressive with each other on instagram for months now. They take these subtle jabs at each other. A lot can be found about it online, not just on this forum.

11 hours ago, Blakeston said:

7 hours ago, link417 said:

Nope, it was definitely freaky looking, LOL. Dead eyes, and mouth open but not smiling/laughing, the creepiness made it hilarious 🤣 

Maybe he looks freaky because he's shorter than everyone else. When you think of a solo person in an animal costume, it's usually for kids at a party or Chuck E. Cheese or something, so they're usually taller than the group.

I think the Grief Panda is one of the funniest things they've done in the revival. I kept rewatching the parts with him.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, link417 said:

I loved the way Grief Panda kept responding to Will by just shrugging at Jack, like “How am I supposed to work with this?!” 

I thought his card bit would get old but it didn’t, at least not for me. Reminds me of Kit-Kat from Hudson Hawk. (Yes, that is one of my favorite movies ever, come fight me! 😅)

I liked the way he looked at Jack and kept shaking his head too, like "Dude, WTF?"

And Hudson Hawk is one of my husband's all-time favorite movies too! I'm going to tell him that he's not alone, lol.

• Love 5

The Grief Panda would really be a screwed up idea for someone who was mourning in the traditional sense (ie, grieving a death, not a breakup).

Collecting mementos of someone you've lost, and burying them, is fine if it's someone who dumped you. But that would be a horrible thing to do with mementos of someone who died.

• Love 3