Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: A Good Man is Hard to Find

• Start Topic

Ray must find a new way to get Detective Perry off his trail while reckoning with a personal loss; when Bunchy's pharmacy is under attack, he takes matters into his own hands and is catapulted into the public spotlight.

Promo:

Original air date: 11/24/19

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Wow! I am loving this season. I have never found Ray more compelling. He is such a great actor. He is the exact opposite in real life of Ray. 

I think Ray will come around within his sessions with Alan Alda (I forgot the doctor's name). I just love how the story is unfolding and revealed in surprising ways where it all comes together and questions are answered (like the music guy's association with Bridget). 

Will Amber McGrath become involved with Ray? And of course the final scene was predictable. 

• Love 1

Kind of confusing how this episode starts.  Did he know Mickey was presumed dead in the first scene with Hawkeye?

In the previous episode, he was waiting upstate for that prison bus to arrive so he must have heard why it didn’t arrive.

In any event, Ray goes to claim Mickeys belongings, only to trash it all right away.

Ray is repressing some level of anguish in the bottle of booze, which lasts him all day even though he gulps it down like water several times during the day.  Ray doesn’t like introspection, chooses the bottle over Hawkeye.

Bunchy and Daryle make funeral arrangements for Mickey, whose remains they don’t have, even though here were a dozen body bags at the crash site.  Daryle goes to Terry’s looking for a good picture of Mickey for the memorial but he only has pictures of the Donovans before Mickey went black.  Terry tells Daryle he didn’t take any Different Strokes photos.  Daryle is hurt.  Daryle leaves.

Ray tries to frame Mac for the murders of the crooked cops but Amber doesn’t want to make Mac look bad to their son.

Lena and Bridget decide Ray’s alibi on the night the cops were killed would be that he went to a concert by ginger Justin Bieber, whose songs are auto tuned like a mf-er.  Turns out the kid’s manager is the one Bridget wants to sleep with.

Lena rolls her eyes, advises her not to get pregnant with either Smitty or the manager, as parting advice.  She’s going back to LA to be with her SO — no, not a gf but another Showtime show, another spinoff of The L Word.

The Sullivan plot will continue because he won’t be blackmailed.  Meanwhile a nice twist in the ballerina plot.  The stalker wasn’t the guy Ray let off with a warning.  It’s creepy Stu who’s the stalker!  He paid off Ray to get rid of the ballerina’s bf!

Ray finally gets misty-eyed as he reminisces about Mickey with his brothers.  So when Mickey knocks on the door, elder abuse!

• Love 2

We missed Bridget's singing! Thank God! But we were punished to hear the stupid song from the kid?!

Bridget is cheating on Smitty with that guy? 

No! Lena can't leave!!!!!!!!!

Did Ray takeout the cash in Mickey's wallet before he tossed the box in the trash? 

The detective couldn't follow up with questions on how Ray got to the concert, maybe provide parking/EZ pass/train receipts or did she catch a whiff of Ray's alcohol breath as he is sitting in the car?

Ray has to be on camera beating the kid up.

Stu was extra annoying this episode. 

Bridget can hack bodies but them telling stories about Mickey are distasteful to her.

The prison bus driver had plenty of time to avoid the oil truck. 

The police sure did a very thorough job identifying all the bodies. How can they tell Darryl and Bunchy there was no body, declare Mickey's dead and not  even consider he may have escaped? What were they putting in the body bags? I'm sure we'll find out the back door magically opened and Mickey (turned into the Flash) just barely beat the flames touching his ass.

As the explosion happened, there were other cars on the road, where were the witnesses to see Mickey run away?

Mickey was wearing someone's uniform when he arrived at Ray's apartment. So he's not on camera walking to the store/gas station to steal it?

Good for Amber to not ruin Mac's name for her son. 

Did Bunchy and the other worker bother call the police before Bunchy decided to take on 3 robbers? 

I can see how Bunchy is in trouble as he told them to put the gun down and get out. The kid dropped the gun and Bunchy still shot him as he tried to run out. When Bunchy tries to do right...it ends up wrong.

Darryl decides to buy both. Never let him make decisions.

So what special twist will Terry put on his hallucination now that Mickey is alive?

Edited by mxc90

I loved that Lena could not handle listening to Jonathan's stupid autotuned song and got the hell out of the studio as soon as possible.

I don't know why Darryl expected Terry to have a picture of Mickey, especially a picture of Mickey with Darryl. As Terry pointed out, Darryl had plenty of opportunities to take pictures of/with Mickey. It's not Terry's fault that all of the pictures Darryl had with Mickey were crappy selfies where Mickey wasn't even looking at the camera.

Stu screaming about Kevin Sullivan while the detective knocked on Ray's car window just about summed up Ray's day.

And OF COURSE Darryl can take a minute from mourning to hit on a girl.

I knew it was too good to be true that Mickey was dead. The show loves him too much to actually kill him off.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, scrb said:

Lena and Bridget decide Ray’s alibi on the night the cops were killed would be that he went to a concert by ginger Justin Bieber, whose songs are auto tuned like a mf-er.  Turns out the kid’s manager is the one Bridget wants to sleep with.

The ticket stubs are a good idea for an alibi, but not the back stage passes. I wouldn't just psuedo!Bieber not to fuck up by either over-embellishing or getting pissed off at Ray, Bridge, or the manager and telling the Detective out of spite that the Donovans were not there that night. 

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

No! Lena can't leave!!!!!!!!!

I know! I am going to be so pissed if this is the last we see of her. 

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The police sure did a very thorough job identifying all the bodies. How can they tell Darryl and Bunchy there was no body, declare Mickey's dead and not  even consider he may have escaped? What were they putting in the body bags? I'm sure we'll find out the back door magically opened and Mickey (turned into the Flash) just barely beat the flames touching his ass.

Shouldn't they have either known or double-checked how many people were on the bus and compare that to the number of bodies? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

Shouldn't they have either known or double-checked how many people were on the bus and compare that to the number of bodies? 

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The writers needed Mickey to be alive for this plot to move forward. They obviously want to pin some murders on Mickey and since he is dead he cannot be charged and this allows Ray and Darrell and all the others to get away with it. So they ignored those details.

The whole series is preposterous. Liev Schreiber has called Ray Donovan a "serial killer." I watch the show and suspend disbelief because I LOVE THIS SHOW. 

• Love 1

Why couldn't they frame Mickey even if he was dead?

They'd make it look like he committed the murders before he went into prison and then died.

Mickey did shoot one of the cops, who had the jump on Ray.

Lol, a good man is hard to find. A bad one too, apparently, if his name is Mickey.

Doesn't look to me like the ayahuasca did Terry any good. Not sure how using that is any more helpful than booze.

Not a fan of Ray's drinking & driving. Maybe he should find another bridge or pier or whatever to jump off of so no one else has to get hurt with him.

What's Ray gonna do without Lena? She does most of the grunt work.

And course Mickey shows up. I'm surprised the show didn't drag the reveal out for at least one more episode.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And course Mickey shows up. I'm surprised the show didn't drag the reveal out for at least one more episode.

I am too.  I expected it to last much longer.

I am really enjoying watching Ray in therapy.  Last week’s deep cleansing breaths were way more entertaining than the return to the bottle. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Will Amber McGrath become involved with Ray? And of course the final scene was predictable. 

They telegraphed that last week in the preview.

How many of his 9 cat lives has Mick used up?

Edited by preeya
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:50 AM, scrb said:

Kind of confusing how this episode starts.  Did he know Mickey was presumed dead in the first scene with Hawkeye?

In the previous episode, he was waiting upstate for that prison bus to arrive so he must have heard why it didn’t arrive.

In any event, Ray goes to claim Mickeys belongings, only to trash it all right away.

Ray is repressing some level of anguish in the bottle of booze, which lasts him all day even though he gulps it down like water several times during the day.  Ray doesn’t like introspection, chooses the bottle over Hawkeye.

Bunchy and Daryle make funeral arrangements for Mickey, whose remains they don’t have, even though here were a dozen body bags at the crash site.  Daryle goes to Terry’s looking for a good picture of Mickey for the memorial but he only has pictures of the Donovans before Mickey went black.  Terry tells Daryle he didn’t take any Different Strokes photos.  Daryle is hurt.  Daryle leaves.

Ray tries to frame Mac for the murders of the crooked cops but Amber doesn’t want to make Mac look bad to their son.

Lena rolls her eyes, advises her not to get pregnant with either Smitty or the manager, as parting advice.  She’s going back to LA to be with her SO — no, not a gf but another Showtime show, another spinoff of The L Word.

The Sullivan plot will continue because he won’t be blackmailed.  Meanwhile a nice twist in the ballerina plot.  The stalker wasn’t the guy Ray let off with a warning.  It’s creepy Stu who’s the stalker!  He paid off Ray to get rid of the ballerina’s bf!

Ray finally gets misty-eyed as he reminisces about Mickey with his brothers.  So when Mickey knocks on the door, elder abuse!

Regarding the bolded part, when was this shown/told? I must have missed that.

Around 22 minutes into this episode, the red headed singer is in the studio recording. Who is the female backup singer in the background? There’s no info to be found on the extras in this episode.

9D275A10-EE3D-4B26-A08D-0BB516971178.jpeg