Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: No Regrets

jewel21
  • Start Topic

After injuring herself while pursuing a suspect, Burgess receives a shocking diagnosis. A homicide case turns into a missing persons case, with a sinister twist. Voight has to decide between justice and the letter of the law.

Airdate: 11.13.2019

Burgess will lose the baby in a very special episode, possibly a season finale cliffhanger.  Adam will realize she was always the one and they will get back together permanently.

The case was boring this week.

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Mars477 said:

Does long term contraception not exist in the minds of Hollywood writers or what?

Apparently not. And because abortion doesn't either, we will be subjected to weeks of her being miserable about the pregnancy as though she's being forced to keep it.

• Love 2

My excitement over something Burzek related is tempered by the fact that this is Rick Eid and he will fuck it up somehow.

At some point they had to have the characters grow up and move on in life, they couldn't be stuck in perpetual random hook up world but they still aren't ready to just have two people together going through life like 95% of the population. He just had to make them miserable...Oh well.

Apart from the obvious, seeing Ruzek & Burgess still be competent on the job despite all that is going on was refreshing. It was a pleasant surprise to see them joking at the start, I forgot what these characters smiles looked like.

Atwater continues to be underused. Now all he seems to be is an undercover drug dealer & CPD's door rammer & Rojas of course, just in case we forgot is 'badass' with her flying tackle. I just don't get what she is bringing to Intelligence at this point in time.

So back to usual programming next week...Halstead fucks up again, Upton gets all huffy & Atwater breaks down a door & Burgess says three lines.

• Love 4

Was anyone else bothered how the doctor delivered the news that Burgess was pregnant? First, she talks about hormone levels and Burgess is like "what?" Then, she says congratulations you're pregnant, without considering that a pregnancy may not always be a positive thing in someone's life? I know Burgess just ran out of there and didn't ask questions,, but no mention by the doctor about pre-natal care, asking if she was even trying to get pregnant, when to follow up with a doctor. Nothing. 

Maybe I just expect too much. But I thought that scene was poorly written.  I don't even like Burgess and I thought that scene deserved something more. 

Unfortuntely, we are going to hear for the next few episodes from Ruzek: "How are you feeling?" "Are you sure you should be running around in your condition?" 

I think they will take the "easy" way out and have her lose the baby. Just my two cents. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

You shouldn’t be surprised that the doctor was incompetent. She was at Chicago Med after all.

Burgess is lucky they didn’t give her a hysterectomy.

Guess she was lucky Natalie wasn't her doctor then.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Of course Burgess decides to cancel her appointment after the victim tells her how wonderful motherhood is and how she wouldn’t trade her son for anything. Because Dog forbid a young, healthy strong woman should choose her career over having a baby, at least for a little while. How old is she supposed to be? Late 20s? Early 30s? She certainly can’t continue to run around in Intelligence for much longer if she’s going to keep the baby. Three months max before she starts showing and will be riding a desk. And as someone stated above, Ruzek is hardly father material. He has the maturity of a horny teenager.

• Love 4

I enjoyed this episode and found myself quite invested in the case of the week. And I like that Ruzek wants to be there for Kim no matter what she decides to do. I think he can step up and be a good father. If Kim decides to keep the baby, he'll have 9 months to get used to the idea and hopefully grow. 

• Love 7

Thou guys are depressing, 😂 I personally thought this episode was a really good one compared to others, I love that the girl who was raped, loved her child\son no matter who the father is, I think there should be more stories about the fact that there are mothers who choose this life, even tho they are victims of rape, that they know this baby is innocent and chose to love it regardless of the circumstances. Although I realize that Chicago PD probably isn't the best place to show this.😉

but this was an awesome episode, I may not quit watching this. Hailey was in fire this week!

• Love 2
On 11/15/2019 at 12:05 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

You shouldn’t be surprised that the doctor was incompetent. She was at Chicago Med after all.

Burgess is lucky they didn’t give her a hysterectomy.

Actually, at Chicago Med, Burgess would show up for the abortion and NataNutbag  would kidnap her and lock the door and not allow her to go to her appointment.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, Sake614 said:

Of course Burgess decides to cancel her appointment after the victim tells her how wonderful motherhood is and how she wouldn’t trade her son for anything. Because Dog forbid a young, healthy strong woman should choose her career over having a baby, at least for a little while. How old is she supposed to be? Late 20s? Early 30s? She certainly can’t continue to run around in Intelligence for much longer if she’s going to keep the baby. Three months max before she starts showing and will be riding a desk. And as someone stated above, Ruzek is hardly father material. He has the maturity of a horny teenager.

What a horrible episode, the worst PD in years. Of course she talks about an abortion appt and of course like in 100% of TV and movies the woman never, ever goes through with it. Of course a kidnapped and raped woman describing the joys of having a child due to systemic kidnapped rapes is just the image Burgess needed to keep the child. 

Usually love Burgess but now all we have to look forward to in PD is pregnant Burgess and the city melting down over the guy framed for killing the kids. Call me in week 8, maybe it will be over.