Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E06: Dame Julie Andrews, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Sir Ian McKellen, Dua Lipa

• Start Topic

Dame Julie Andrews, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston and Sir Ian McKellen join Graham Norton on his sofa. 

Dame Julie is talking about her book Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years, Hollywood stars Witherspoon and Aniston perform together in new comedy drama series The Morning Show, and the irrepressible McKellen plays a con man in drama thriller The Good Liar. With music from Dua Lipa, who performs her single Don't Start Now.

I laughed when Dua confessed she felt like a rotisserie chicken in all that silver mylar-type-stuff.  But her lip synching wasn't exactly on point, and the camera work didn't hide it.

Just put both Julie memoirs on my library request list. Because my to-read pile isn't tall enough, apparently!

On 11/16/2019 at 8:20 PM, Tosia said:

Love Julie and Ian. I cd watch them all day in anything!!!.

Seconded!  They were great.

I laughed way too hard at Graham pretending that Julie Andrews was indicating she was his mother. 

• Love 4
On 11/16/2019 at 6:20 PM, Tosia said:

Love Julie and Ian. I cd watch them all day in anything!!!.

Just them as guests would be perfect.

On 11/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, msrachelj said:

I had to turn this off asap. Two over-rated boring actresses at one time. Jennifer Anniston seems over the top phony. Good grief what does anyone see in her?

I didn't turn this off (because of Dame and Sir), but I completely agree about Aniston. I don't see what the big deal is about her -- though I admit I've seen only a few Friends eps -- and I found her annoying and kind of pointless on this couch.

• Love 1

I like Aniston and get the impression she'd be pleasant to hang out with, but given the limited number of episodes and how important it is for guests to feed off each other's chemistry I'd rather the couch space went to either someone very witty or with great show business stories to tell.

• Love 2