Type keyword(s) to search

Charmed - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

So my DVR is recording random episodes, and while I enjoy this series, I don't have it memorized.  So I took a squint (pun?) at Sight Unseen and heck, I know Phoebe goes nutso covering for Cole, but how did she actually demand that Prue apologize for suspecting him when Phoebe had just heard Troxa say that Belthazor was working with him?  She knows Cole is Belthazor, she knows Belthazor is working for the Triad, how does that add up to "apologize"?

(Yes, Cole is actually being a double-agent, but Phoebe has no way to know that [Cole hasn't told her], so she should at least inform Prue that Cole is a demon.)

Oh, and when the episode suddenly switches to Abbey the (not-quite-)lesbian stalker, why are the sisters suddenly dressed like they're going snowboarding?  Troxa, the demon who is vulnerable to cold, is already dead.  You can ditch the layers, sisters.  Honestly.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 12/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, Pearson80 said:

Wow!  I am so happy that Shannen was vindicated and that horrid Kern apologized. However the damage was done to her reputation.  Shannen always wanted the best for the show and I never understood why Kern, Spelling  and others were so upset to the point that they fired her.  We all know now that Alyssa was the troublemaker because Rose told the world on twitter. 

I always sensed that Alyssa disliked the closeness between Holly and Shannen.  She probably felt left out of their bond off the show.  Holly and Shannen had been friends for 10 years before working on the show together.  So their friendship would always be strong.

It sucks that Shannen was not able to see Holly in the hospital. I am glad that they were able to patch things up during the era of season 2.  This is why Holly said that if the producers had stayed out of the issues between Shannen and Alyssa, they would have gotten over it eventually.

I think we'll never know the true side of things. I feel HMC has done a great job of playing both sides against the middle. She was publicly close to Alyssa in the early 2000s and 2010s, then somewhere along the way reconciled with Shannen and now parrots Shannen's side of things. I truly believe all three of them probably behaved heinously. As HMC once said, there were no angels.

The whole relationship between all four of them seems to ebb and flow. I distinctly remember them being good 10 years ago with publicly supportive tweets.  I can see why Shannen, with a terminal diagnosis, wants her side of the story finally told, but HMC's behavior has been petty and off-putting to me.

The story about Shannen being kept by Alyssa and her mom from seeing Holly in the hospital is bizarre. In the first place, what gave them that power and in the second place, if HMC and Shannen were as close as they always say, why was Alyssa the middleman in the first place?

I realize all of this was traumatic for all four them, but it's been 24 years. None of them seem to let anything go. Well, HMC doesn't. I really don't like her. I love Shannen's podcast, though.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Like 1
(edited)
On 1/13/2024 at 10:58 AM, iMonrey said:

What I found strange was Shannen's claim that the "narrative" for years had been that she quit. But that's not so. I distinctly remember at the time it happened, she was notified during the hiatus after Season 3 that she was being let go. There were rumors that she had asked Spelling to be released from her contract at the end of Season 3 and he denied her request, so maybe that's what she means. There were also rumors that Alyssa's manager was also looking for ways to break her contract with the show. The new info from this podcast is that Alyssa was threatening to sue. 

Also that Holly wanted to leave when they fired Shannen but they threatened to sue her and garnish any future wages she made. Wow.

Time heals all wounds they say, and with age comes perspective. I've caught a few YouTube videos of ComicCon panels with various Charmed cast members, including Shannen and Rose. Alyssa wasn't in any of them. The rest of them seem to get along and appreciate the fandom. I was surprised to see Rose involved since it seemed like she absolutely hated doing the show, but she seems to have at least grown to appreciate the fans.

Yeah, she was definitely fired and I definitely remember the gleeful headlines that she was let go from another Spelling show.

So I finally listened to Shannen's interview with Holly. I was disappointed to hear almost no accountability from either of them, as much as I like Shannen. To hear them tell it, they were worker bees and the only ones who cared about the quality of the show. To hear them tell it, they had some bad days but nothing to cause such a huge dilemma that resulted in Shannen's firing. To me, it's a case of either not remembering, or not wanting to admit, even all these years later, that all three of them behaved heinously. As vague as Alyssa has been about her role in all of this, at least she publicly apologized, and said she played a role in the conflict. I heard none of this from either Shannen or Holly.

I don't believe that being late to 90210 or being too dedicated to her work on Charmed were Shannen's biggest flaws. Her firings speak to much more than that. And I like her a lot!

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Like 1