Type keyword(s) to search

Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever

So the lake house wasn't for sale, the real estate agent doesn't even work in that area and Tori and Dean renovated a house they rented???  So, apparently the show paid for the redo (as well as the rent and likely, the hotel they all stayed in) and the McDermott's skip off into the sunset after painting the floors, nailing the old deck onto the master bedroom walls and leaving their family graffiti all over the bathroom door!  Geesh, and they have the nerve to call this reality TV?  (The best part of that entire renovation was the contractor)! 

• Love 2
(edited)

@4leafclover, yes, that about sums it up. Plus, they probably paid to have a crew go back in there and repaint all the walls, and strip the floors of the hideous blue, purple, green, and pink paint. Also, to get rid of the stupid public bathroom stall and urinal.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

I have to say it's really gross that they told the kids oh these are your special rooms etc. and wrote their names on everything knowing full well they were never coming back. That is messed up for the kids. That goes beyond the bounds of scripted reality tv for me.

• Love 2

I finally caught a few episodes of this show. I know it's been mentioned a hundred times, but, Tori has to be the most self-centered person alive. Her "vision" trumps everything and everyone. I never thought I'd feel sorry for Deano, but my gawd, she is exhausting!

I have always thought Tori was on drugs. She acts bizarre and her skinny body tells me she is doing something.

I think on True Tori, she mentioned Liam was afraid to sleep alone. Maybe that's why he shared a room with Stella. Oh heck, I doubt they ever stayed in that home. She's just so full of it, I can't believe anything she says.

• Love 3

Too Much Tori & Dean — Couple’s Latest Reality TV Show Fails MISERABLY With Only 60K Viewers In Premiere Show

Tori Spelling and cheating husband Dean McDermott have made a living off reality TV shows, but judging by stats for their latest endeavor — fans are tuning out.

Just months before it was revealed that McDermott, 47, cheated on Spelling, 41, while he was in Toronto the couple filmed a show together in Canada in which they renovated a lake-side cottage but RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned the premiere show was an epic disaster.

Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever premiered on the Great American Country network on July 4 and according to the folks over at Nielsen — the world’s leading TV audience rating company — the episode had a mind-bogglingly low viewership of just 60,000 households.

But the ratings are a far cry from the amount of viewers that tuned in to see Spelling’s marriage to McDermott crumble apart in the form of a Lifetime docu-series, True Tori, which averaged just under one million viewers at 987,000.

That’s more than 16 times the viewers Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever brought in!

First, I am highly ashamed that I am one of those 60,000 households. Second, I think that the fact that it was on the Great American Country network has a lot to do with nobody watching. I didn't even know I got that network until I wanted to watch the show, I had never even heard of it before, & I bet a lot of other people haven't either.

• Love 4

Me too........(hanging my head in shame and slinking off to stand in the corner for a time-out).

And, (whispering with head down in shame) me too....

I have the feeling that it's a real possibility that every one of those households is a poster on this board LOL

• Love 5

I have the feeling that it's a real possibility that every one of those households is a poster on this board LOL

Yes, and I'm blaming PTV. I only tuned in because I read about it here and wanted to snark about it.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if this wasn't supposed to end up on HGTV or DIY Network.  Both are owned by Scripps Networks Interactive which also owns GAC.  They probably took one look at it and decided to pass it off to GAC in hopes to claim it aired and never have to deal with Tori again.

• Love 3

I'm wondering if this wasn't supposed to end up on HGTV or DIY Network.  Both are owned by Scripps Networks Interactive which also owns GAC.  They probably took one look at it and decided to pass it off to GAC in hopes to claim it aired and never have to deal with Tori again.

@MrsClaus, I think you're right. When this show was first announced last August, they said it was going to air this spring on HGTV. Then, without explanation, it never aired in the spring and showed up on July 4th on GAC.

‘Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever’ Set For Spring:

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Monday August 26, 2013 @ 1:27pm PDT

Production has begun on Tori & Dean: Cabin Fever, a series that follows Tori Spelling, hubby Dean McDermott and their four kids as they head to Ontario, Canada, to renovate a lakeside cottage. We follow the family as they experience the highs and lows of cottage life – including canoeing, mosquitoes, eccentric neighbors and potential bear run-ins. Cineflix is producing with Spelling and McDermott exec producing. It’s slated to air on CMT in Canada and HGTV in the U.S. in spring 2014.

Maybe they were going to put it on HGTV, but then the cheating thing happened & they decided that people weren't going to buy the happy families crap so much, so they put it on GAC instead.

• Love 1

This is really the only one thing I don't like about this website, can't see the most recent postings.

Randomly read Tori's first book after seeing it in the airport a bunch (thank god for Kindle). If she wasn't Aaron Spellings daughter though, I'm not sure anybody would still be interested. Surprisingly enough I enjoyed her first book enough to get the rest.

I'd like to say I wouldn't be one of the 60K who watched Cabin Fever in Canada, but that wouldn't be true. Although I did stop watching True Tori (never watched the reality show before).

I'm actually posting now cause I just read Candy Spelling's book (god help me). She was actually pretty gracious about her daughter (IMO). She did say something that made me think more about Tori's (now apparent) bullshit. Tori Spelling (and her children) have a fairly healthy trust fund in addition to her paltry inheritance (I was actually with her on that). Duh - of course she does.

• Love 1

Suckers.  I did not watch Cabin Fever.  ;)  I do check to see what the latest is on this messy family.  She's got something up her sleeve.  When you find out, quote this so I can come read!!!!

I'll hang my head and say I did buy Candy's latest book.  Who wants it next?   

Sorry - need to correct the above. I'm proudly not one of the 60K who watched Cabin Fever. Although had no idea it was on and could actually be able to watch it. But I think I'm so scarred by True Tori that I couldn't bring myself to watch.

Candy's second book though? No need Lablover - I already got it. Really didn't need to hear about the post-Aaron sex life.

Edited by Jennifersdc

Sorry - need to correct the above. I'm proudly not one of the 60K who watched Cabin Fever. Although had no idea it was on and could actually be able to watch it. But I think I'm so scarred by True Tori that I couldn't bring myself to watch.

Candy's second book though? No need Lablover - I already got it. Really didn't need to hear about the post-Aaron sex life.

WHAT?  I haven't read it yet.  I'm finishing another book, but please tell, is it with that guy Mark?  The Mark who she hung out with while Aaron was very sick????  I'm all for a warning....

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

I watched the Cabin Fever marathon this weekend...I still don't know why.   I learned I will never, never, never call my husband "babe" again and nor will I allow him to call me "babe". Babe=gag!  Tori was so pouty in these episodes. She must have her way.  Realizing that they never owned the cabin, but rented is irritating. Why say you are buying a cabin when you know you will not. These days wthl the web and social media they had to know the truth will leak out.  Would love to know if the actual owners changed the interior in anyway after Tori and Dean headed back to LA.

• Love 2

I only caught the last two episodes. But, holy hell, they really jacked that house up! Can you imagine owning that house and being told that HGTV is going to give you a home renovation for free and then you end up with THAT?! Damn.

• Love 1

I did see pictures online of the cabin, but these comments make me want to see it for myself, I am struggling to see any talents in Tori other than being a cry baby. I am sure my opinion will not change...

• Love 1

I don't know why I sat through Cabin Fever again.  Maybe I just wanted to see the part where Tori stains a beautiful hardwood floor blue...it was as awful as I remembered.  It's odd, they seemed relatively happy on this show.  Dean looked like he really enjoys working with his hands.