Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: The Gang Texts

• Start Topic

Great episode. I like watching animals, even if we just got to see a gorilla and some goats. And I used to do the bubble thing as a kid at the Bronx Zoo. That was prairie dog-themed . .  . I don't think I even knew about meerkats back then.

Lots of familiar themes . ..  Mac is still needy AF (seriously, it's like "Mac Finds His Pride" never actually happened), Dee still sucks at telling jokes (she's also a slow texter), Charlie is still illiterate, Frank still wants to agitate (this week: waving bananas at a gorilla) . . . and Dennis gets pissy because he missed a bloody lion feeding. The thought of him made him chub up. He's a brociopath. What else do you expect? But we get a happy reunion, and everybody leaves satisfied. Well, maybe not Mac. The other three guys pissed on him to indicate he's the weak one (like meerkats are wont to do).

• Love 4

I was fearful that "texting" as their main interaction would lead to a weak episode. But I was wrong. Great in-character stuff for all of them. Even though I saw it coming, Frank getting taunted by the ape was hilarious.

The ending reminded me a bit of The Gang Dines Out. All feuding over one thing or another until their shared joy brings them back together at the end.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Anybody go to a zoo with lion feedings? That can't be as bloody as Dennis would like.

I wouldn't think anyplace in the U.S. would allow live animal feedings. The ASPCA would probably have something to say about it. In some countries they do that regularly, like China or Iran. A few years ago the Copenhagen zoo had too many giraffes, so they had a special show for school kids where they fed the baby giraffe to the lion. They got alot of criticism for that.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:51 AM, Lantern7 said:

"The Gang Texts".

During their trip to the Philadelphia Zoo, Mac sets up a text group chain for the gang, but confusion sets in and the gang must learn from the meerkats on how to communicate properly in a group.

I was surprised by how funny this ep turned out. I kinda knew what was about to happen with Dee's Gun, err, Goat, but witching her freak out always makes me laugh.

12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Anybody go to a zoo with lion feedings? That can't be as bloody as Dennis would like.

I have never heard of such a thing. I'm sure Dennis would have not been happy to see how they really do it. Was it Mac who told him they do that to convince him to see the meercats?

• Love 1

I didn't think the lions would eat something living . .. just "fresh." Basically, it would be raw enough for Dennis to bolt for the nearest men's room to change his underwear. Of course, he'd have to avoid the Grindr Daddies.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Was anyone able to read or screen grab Mac's long text messages? 

I kind of wanted to pause and read it,but I didn't want to interrupt the flow of the show. Now that you mention it I wish I would've. Kinda funny showing Mac's neediness,then Dennis just replies "k".

10 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I paused on both. It was just a lot of rambling of the same thoughts. The second one was funnier though.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:14 AM, Ubiquitous said:

13 hours ago, lynxfx said:

I paused on both. It was just a lot of rambling of the same thoughts. The second one was funnier though.

I also paused on it to read it.  While it was funny, I was hoping for more lol.