Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: At the Hospital, an Interlude of Clarity

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

This one was pretty good, and the first that felt like a complete piece in itself rather than a half hour carved out of a standard 90 minute rom-com.  The characters seemed fleshed out, there was some growth and change, it didn't feel like there needed to be anything more to do at the end. First really successful episode, and a welcome tonic from the previous one.

Am kind of getting sick of New York as the setting though. I guess that has something to do with the New York Times column that they mention at the beginning as the source material, but it's kind of an overdone setting for TV shows and movies at this point.

• Love 4
On 10/22/2019 at 5:07 PM, BusyOctober said:

I haaaaaaaated this one.  

Me too. I finally stopped watching and went on the the next episode when I realized I didn't care about either character. Part of what put me off was the premise that the woman was sooo gorgeous. Sorry, but I thought she was quite unattractive. I googled the actress, and she looks much better with her natural dark hair. The bad dye job did her no favors.

• Love 1

I thought that was quite sweet, and I liked that it left things kind of ambiguous is the couple stayed together, she went back to the guy she was on a break from, or if they just went their separate ways, but they would always have this weird, specific memory and connection no matter what.

• Love 2

I just watched the first season after getting Prime and this is the one I rewatch most often. Interestingly, it’s the one featuring actors I knew least about. The anthology is one of those examples of the sum being greater than its parts.