Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiance: College Edition

• Start Topic

Since down here is not a catch all for the entire franchise, like I thought before, but is instead for the flagship show, I don't know where to put this or if it has been posted somewhere else already. Maybe there should be a master media thread?

@Drogo obviously cut a Mamba off in traffic and then decided to eat the chicken feet he found just sitting at his kitchen table because:

There is now a college edition of this franchise. Applications being accepted now...

(From the article linked above)

We already know that 90 Day Fiance is a franchise meant to portray stories of lovers living in different parts of the world. The condition is that one of them must be a US citizen. It airs on TLC, a major TV network. The franchise’s unique concept has gained millions of viewers from all over the world in a very short time. The popularity grew so much that the viewers just couldn’t get enough of 90 DF.

College Edition; Franchise Featuring Young Adults

College time is the age when love is in the air. It seems like the 90 Day Fiance has realized this and has decided to feature young adults on a brand new show. They are casting students in a relationship with a foreign partner. Both the partners have to be students, one US citizen, and another international student. Ideally, the production is on the lookout for students who will be graduating at the end of this year.

The partner can also be a graduated international student whose OPT is about to expire. If they are married, one spouse has to be a US citizen. Even if the spouse is a former international student, such couples can apply. They have to be aged between 18 to 32 years. All ethnicities are acceptable. It seems like an interesting concept which is likely to have more audiences than ever. The regular watchers of 90 DF are most likely to stay tuned. Besides, the viewership of college students is likely to rise drastically.

2 minutes ago, Christina said:

Since down here is not a catch all for the entire franchise, like I thought before, but is instead for the flagship show, I don't know where to put this or if it has been posted somewhere else already. Maybe there should be a master media thread?

@Drogo obviously cut a Mamba off in traffic and then decided to eat the chicken feet he found just sitting at his kitchen table because:

There is now a college edition of this franchise. Applications being accepted now...

(From the article linked above)

Husband (American) and I (not American) studied together through a US college but we graduated 4 years ago. My dreams of being on this show have been dashed again. 

What a blow I've been dealt. 😓

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I don't get it. College or no college they would still qualify for the 90 day fiance Original.

I don't think they would have enough applicants (real ones anyways) that would be enough for a season of this new spin off.  

What's next?  90 Day Love Island edition?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, greekmom said:

What's next?  90 Day Love Island edition?

90-Day Survivor edition.  All the couples have to live together, but each person is on the OTHER team from their "fiancee."  The last two people remaining have to marry, regardless of race, creed, national origin, or gender.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Soon our entire lives will be given over to watching 90 Day Fiance in all its permutations. We'll have to quit our jobs, sell our furniture, and say good bye to our children to devote ourselves to it, full time

I am HERE for that! I'm here for every permutation -except The Family Chantel.

• Love 7

This explains why that Jessica/Jenelle/SomeNameBeginningWith J  is being linked as the woman Colt and Debbie filmed with in Brazil this past summer. She is here on an education visa and is in her last year of school. So, I am psychically opining that our first couple for this franchise is {drumroll} Colt and J Name 

On 10/11/2019 at 12:14 PM, greekmom said:

I don't think they would have enough applicants (real ones anyways) that would be enough for a season of this new spin off.  

The description of the episodes for Dr. Phil these last few months are pretty heavy with people who are addicted to social media fame. No one needs to work anymore, just get enough followers and let ad companies post ads on your account and live the good life. They will probably have more than enough famewhore wannabes to fill the schedule, just like with The Other Way and Before the 90 Days.

• Love 1

The difference between this and the original is that the fiancé is already here.  Since the person is here on a student visa there is no pressure to get married within the 90 days.  Will there be drama or is this just going to be some boring international dating show?  The best the obligatory "friend" can come up with is:  "So is this just a ruse so you don't have to go back to your country?" *Awkward pause* "Now that you are perfectly equipped to get a job and support yourself."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1