Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Dee Day

• Start Topic

Great episode. Basically, the guys plan an intricate scheme to pull off something that is slowly revealed over the course of the episode . . . but it's all fucked when they forget that it's also Dee Day, the one day where they have to do whatever Dee tells them.

I reckon this might be one of Dee's best episodes. It's not merely because she got to humiliate the guys for twelve hours straight. It's that she managed to pull off what they wanted to do . . . but in the most simple way possible. They wanted to prevent a councilwoman from voting on a resolution (allowing public urination . . . because Philadelphia) via overly complicated methods (probably thought out by Dennis), but she just went and slashed her tires. She forces the guys to play her most offensive and ill-conceived characters, takes them bird-watching (because they're not allowed to call her "bird"), and takes away the makeup Dennis needs to look presentable. And the cherry on top: tricking the guys into thinking her day was overso that they could insult her . . . forcing another Dee Day as a result. While Dee might be the most deluded and broken of the Gang, she can get hit done . . . and the results she gets rival her long game for "PTSDee."

Oh, and Dennis often carries candy around to get Charlie's attention. Seems right to me.

• Love 7

Some good laughs in this episode and I like that Dee got to be a mastermind with a triumphant ending. However, oddly enough this didn't feel like a "Dee" episode. The plot was about the guys and she was just one of the obstacles. Also it's sad (but I guess fitting that all she really wants to do is torture them. Maybe on her second day they all had experiences that were more of an experience for her.

• Love 1

"Dee Day".

The guys are in the final preparation stage for an unknown scheme when Dee enters to inform them that it is "Dee Day," and they have to do everything she wants without complaint.

I enjoyed this one, especially the surprises at the end, but I anticipated her tricking them into thinking the day had ended earlier, giving her another "Dee Day".

8 hours ago, Hero said:

I loved this episode. One of my favorite lines is when Mac said "I want what's in your pants" to Dennis. 

I loved that part!

• Love 2
On 10/10/2019 at 8:56 PM, Lantern7 said:

Oh, and Dennis often carries candy around to get Charlie's attention. Seems right to me.

I liked that Charlie knew and was focused and didn't really fuck around. He was late to the teacher's office, but I can't really fault him for that since they got embroiled in Dee Day.

The whole bird watching almost made me piss myself because they had to dress up too.

• Love 1
On 10/10/2019 at 11:08 PM, Hero said:

I loved this episode. One of my favorite lines is when Mac said "I want what's in your pants" to Dennis. 

After Dennis and Charlie came backstage and told Mac and Frank they kissed, Mac tried to make Dennis go back on stage with him, too. It was all nice, subtle and underplayed.

• Love 2

Some of Glenn Howerton's best stuff is when Dennis tries to seduce a woman after losing his confidence.  He still has his pickup lines, but he can't deliver them.  Remember when he tried to get Jackie Denardo to come to his bunker?

• Love 1