Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Decoy

• Start Topic

What did Renee do to piss off Wardrobe? She looks a good 6 months pregnant in the outfit.

Just now, anna0852 said:

What did Renee do to piss off Wardrobe? She looks a good 6 months pregnant in that outfit.

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

What did Renee do to piss off Wardrobe? She looks a good 6 months pregnant in the outfit.

I know WTF??? Could she be pregnant? If not that is the worst outfit they have ever put her in.

4 hours ago, anna0852 said:

She does look ridiculous, but she also is acting strange too.  It all began when Sydney kidnapped her.  She was always so calm and composed, now she is all stressed over the little things.  I am sure some of it has to do with here Mum being sick, but even still, it began before then.  

Still watching the episode.  

• Love 1

Yes- it seems that almost all the actors want ye age olde: more money less screen time so they can do their other projects. 

Renee may have made an enemy of wardrobe, but someone has to tie Eric/Deeks down and cut his hair.  I know they are trying to hide a receding hairline, but it’s getting ridiculous.  What’s next, a manbun???

• Love 3

That was worse than awful. Instead of the whole "let's have a meaningless conversation about jogging and then an ice bath," how about some details about WHY Callen and Sam stayed in Tel Aviv. Is it because Mossad can't conduct surveillance or an interrogation without NCIS agents? (sarcasm) And the "plot" in the U.S.? Yikes! You could see that coming a mile away since the girlfriend was still hanging around when she really preferred Paris (according to the first ep she was in, but I'm not sure the writers remember what happens in earlier eps.) And the whole Callen-Eliana thing was just weird. So, she leaves him in a bar during an assignment because her cover's blown, but didn't explain this to him for 10+ years even though she "loves" him? Seriously? She couldn't have sent a text? Did he go check and see if she was alright? I mean, they were on an assignment. I would think an agent whose partner goes missing on an undercover assignment without any communication would be worried and contact his  "handler," but what do I know about this work?  But, it turns out he was okay with what she did once she explained it 10+ years later because . . .  no idea. Weird, because he sure wasn't okay with that when Tracy did it (Standoff). Maybe he's okay with it because she's Mossad and would kick his butt? And how about Sam, offering to help a drug dealer get his life back together because the guy is really a "good guy" who's just had a few tough breaks. Isn't that why everybody gets into the drug business? So, what about Anna? I don't remember ANYONE on the team offering to help Anna--except that weak attempt by Callen when she's awaiting arraignment--and she's their "friend" who's worked with the team for 3+ yrs. Wow, some friends these guys are. It seems they'll help you if you're a criminal or a prostitute or a kid, but if you're a "good" guy who makes a mistake--not so much. To quote Deeks, "What is going on?"

8 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Yes- it seems that almost all the actors want ye age olde: more money less screen time so they can do their other projects. 

It seems the ONLY actor who isn't working on outside projects (of the 4), is Chris, and his character is really taking the hits. That's gratitude for you.

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

She was always so calm and composed, now she is all stressed over the little things.  I am sure some of it has to do with here Mum being sick, but even still, it began before then.

I think it's just the writing. The writers have been WAY off on some of the characters, especially Jordana--her scripts are ridiculous because she makes almost every character into a caricature. I really hate her writing. (sorry not sorry)

First off not having Erik on for me is a plus. Not having Deeks on sucks. I really like his character.

But having two storylines on an episode is something I don't like.

Other than that it was a typical NCIS LA episode and it's a good way to kill an hour and not kill to many brain cells.

2 hours ago, JayDub said:

Other than that it was a typical NCIS LA episode and it's a good way to kill an hour and not kill to many brain cells.

For me, these ARE the episodes that kill brain cells. I can't watch many more if they're this bad.

• Love 4

I, somewhat stupidly, watched the episode with my kids running around and not doing the things they wanted to (it was far too hot to plant our veggie garden as planned), so I watched it with constant interruptions.  I usually watch a second time, but catching up on my holiday marking meant I didn't.  Initially, I thought I had missed bits of the show because of my interrupting cherubs, but from your comments, I was just struggling to see why the show was being taken down the route it was for this episode. 

Anyway, I thought it was so disconnected.  The reason for Deeks not being there was so airy fairy, the lack of reason for Callen and Sam to stay in Tel Aviv was even more loopy and airy fairy, and considering Hetty ordered them to stay, I would have thought she would have done some co-ordinating of their role, but, nope. She wasn't in the episode.  How does this make NCIS LA decent viewing?  TBH, it doens't.  It just drives people away from watching.  Then, because (although I love all of your repsonses) but you take so long to respond, I go to the NCIS LA facebook page to see people's opinions, and there are all these idiots saying how good it was and all I wanted to reply, was WTF were you watching?  I didn't because I didn't want to get into a long and convaluted argument about how people blindly watch things without being a critical thinker, etc.  I don't know if it is the actors wanting to do other things, or are the writers too damn busy to check out other and older story lines to ensure everything lines up and the stories are decent?  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Then, because (although I love all of your responses) but you take so long to respond, I go to the NCIS LA facebook page to see people's opinions, and there are all these idiots saying how good it was and all I wanted to reply, was WTF were you watching?

I've heard this before about the FB population, regarding other shows, where their views greatly differ from those of us on Primetimer.  What's up with that?

Edited by preeya
7 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I go to the NCIS LA facebook page to see people's opinions, and there are all these idiots saying how good it was and all I wanted to reply, was WTF were you watching?  I didn't because I didn't want to get into a long and convaluted argument about how people blindly watch things without being a critical thinker, etc.  I don't know if it is the actors wanting to do other things, or are the writers too damn busy to check out other and older story lines to ensure everything lines up and the stories are decent?  

I love this comment about FB! lol It's the reason I haven't been there in, probably more than a year. I find most of the comments are crap, and a lot of the people I found following NCISLA are often folks (usually older adults) who really are just looking for mindless entertainment and could care less about anything creative or even minimally good. I found having a conversation pretty much impossible if you criticized anything about the show. 🙂 I agree about the quality; it has really dropped off, and I put the blame squarely on Gemmill's shoulders. When he took over as showrunner in S9, he made a bunch of boneheaded decisions and is still making them imo. Mosley could have been a good character, but they did a horrible job at introducing her and then at trying to make her sympathetic. Didn't work; people hated her by that time. The intro of Granger into the series was 100x better. Shane had a real talent for keeping the show (mostly) on track. As for following knowing what's already happened in previous eps--Gemmill should either know or have someone who does check scripts. They make so many stupid mistakes it's aggravating. I love the characters--especially Callen--but the writing has just been horrible. Really sloppy. Everyone says how great the team is to work with and that it's like a family. Personally, I wish they had less "fun" and focused on their work so the product was better.

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 3

NCIS LA writers should make some homework regarding Israel's law enforcement agencies, car plates, Hebrew signs, etc. here are some facts:

1. Mossad is not authorized to work inside the state, it only operate outside the state same as the CIA, the agency acts the same as the FBI and in charge of those kind of investigation is the ISA or better known as "Shin Bet".

2. Israel license plate is 7 or 8 digits in the form of 2-3-2 or 3-2-3, not 3-2-2 (any case a huge improvement from last episode when outside of the gym the incoming traffic had US license plates).

3. Israel police uniforms on this episode are old, patrol is wearing full dark blue uniforms

4. There is a spelling on the police symbol, looks as someone made a poor google translate.

5. In Israel the power outlets are different from the US, the warehouse had US outlets below the high current sign (was also on last episode gym)

From an NCIS Israeli fan.