Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: 25 Years to Life

1 hour ago, illdoc said:

At least they explained why Sydney doesn't look the least bit Hispanic.

That was bugging me from the Jump.. I'm like exactly how white was his wife that she came out looking like that... Then I thought that maybe they'd do an episode that deals with her ability to "Pass" and what that does to her... Too bad could been an interesting take.. I hope this doesn't mean( probably totally does tho)  that her bio dad will pop up before the season is done.. Played by a well known character actor of a certain age

I'm still watching.  I like the show and the actors and I think this was the best episode so far.   I liked the fake out with the law school professor and the lunch scene with Emerson and Sydney ("you ruined ribs for me...in Memphis!"). Frankly, I'm liking this show, as a whole, better than All Rise.

• Love 5

I liked this one overall.  It had a nice feel-good ending, and we found out a lot about Sydney (specifically why she don't look anything like her dad, and what her real problem was with Emerson).  But two weeks in a row now, they won the big case in what I consider a somewhat "cheap" way.  They got Bell a new trial, which should be good, except that they'd already mentioned that they'd probably lose the new trial (for reasons I couldn't follow, but I thought that that's what they said).  But instead the conviction was vacated by new evidence produced at the 11th hour (more like 11:55 PM) which basically proved that Bell was innocent.

So last week, the GMO company lost not because they were doing things legally and the Straits got the law changed or found a way to beat them, but because the GMO company was doing illegal stuff too and got busted for that.  This week, they couldn't clear Bell completely, but some evidence that was either lost or intentionally buried happened to surface.  So again, the win was more due to diligence and pure luck.  Those are both important, for sure, but when I watch a show about lawyers, I guess I'm hoping to see them being brilliant lawyers and winning cases because of that, not due to dumb luck.

Still watching, still loving Jimmy.  Interesting that Sydney's adopted.  Nice twist to throw in.  It's moving a little slow, but I'm ok with that.  Syd & Emerson together are going to be interesting.  I'm sticking with it!

• Love 3