Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E02: Renee Zellweger, Lenny Henry, Louis Theroux, Andrew Ridgeley, Elbow

• Start Topic

Together on Graham’s sofa tonight: Oscar-winning Bridget Jones star Renee Zellweger, starring as Judy Garland in Judy; comedian and actor Lenny Henry, whose new memoir is Who Am I, Again?; documentary maker Louis Theroux, promoting his memoir Gotta Get Theroux This: My Life and Strange Times in Television; and pop great Andrew Ridgeley, talking about his life and work with George Michael in new book Wham! George & Me.  Elbow perform White Noise, White Heat.

I turned it off, something just made me uninterested. There is something odd about Renee Zellweger besides her new look face wise, whether it's plastic surgery or as she claims just age. Was she always so tall and thin? Maybe I'm just thinking Bridget Jones but she did not seem to have that body in the movie with Tom Cruise either. She looks like a barbie doll. When did that happen. Girl looks like her waist is 18 inches and she is what 50?

She famously gained weight for Bridget Jones. She's always been slim even in Jerry Maguire where she got a somewhat frumpy wardrobe to make the reveal when she steps out in that little black dress for their first date more dramatic. And she always wears extremely well fitted clothes for promo tours - that makes a world of difference.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2
On 10/12/2019 at 6:37 PM, msrachelj said:

I turned it off, something just made me uninterested. There is something odd about Renee Zellweger besides her new look face wise, whether it's plastic surgery or as she claims just age.

I almost didn’t even watch because I just find her odd.  She’s always had weird mannerisms and posture - and her super squinty eyes and puffy lips make it weirder.  She was much more personable than I remember her being. 

• Love 2

Renee strikes me as someone who is such an introvert that talking with anyone is physically painful.  She was personable and funny, but it looked like such an effort for her.  Only once did she really start to laugh; otherwise, she looks uncomfortable.  I loved her explanation that she took a break because she realized she couldn’t draw on life experiences when all she had been doing was working and regurgitating other people’s lines.

• Love 2