Type keyword(s) to search

Call Me Kat In The Media

• Start Topic

TVLine is reporting that Leslie's last episode will air December 1st, 2022. They also indicate that his former "The Cool Kids" co-star Vicki Lawrence will appear in a subsequent episode playing Phil's... mother (no indication whether or not she'll be donning Thelma Harper-like drag.) Her character fills in as the cafe's baker while Phil is "on vacation." There is speculation she may return for more episodes in the future.

• Thanks 3
  • Useful 2

I'm a little surprised only because I saw a site (I think Spoiler TV) with a headline "Call Me Kat renewed" which usually indicates there is movement on production for the next season.  But maybe they started getting some things going just in case they renewed by the writers were on strike. 

Oh Miranda, I wish they had done you better. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Oh, for sure! Unfortunately, this also means Mayim will still be on Jeopardy 😭.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm not really surprised, especially after the big season finale that ended with a nod to Kat and Max reuniting as a romantic couple, which also didn't surprise me.

It is sad, though, even though the show had its problems to see it go.  I will probably miss Randy and Carter most of all.  I wish a show could be created around them as main characters, that would probably be better than this show was.

Also I wouldn't count out the possibility of Mayim turning up on the BBT Spinoff that's in the works to air on HBO Max (now just Max so I'm told).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 5/5/2023 at 9:34 PM, Door County Cherry said:

Especially since Miranda Hart has writing credits on this show, although maybe that was part of the deal for making an American version of the original.

The first season was as close as they got to American versions of the British episodes, and after that they gave up trying. I'll never forget how disappointing the "Kat" version of the "A New Low"  episode was.

• Like 2