Type keyword(s) to search

Supermarket Stakeout - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Does anyone know if this show will be coming back?

I would say it's likely given that I saw a casting call for it online dated October 2023.  And last year FN announced its return in March for the season beginning in late April 2023, so I'm figuring the timetable might be similar this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I watched a rerun of this this morning (don't remember which episode) and was struck by what a good judge Eddie Jackson was on it. He thanked contestants for their work, complimented what he could, and offered specific feedback where needed. He has really grown into the role and I think this show exhibits that more than some of the others he is on (like the Christmas cookie one with craptastic Ree). He was very supportive and kind but also direct, and you don't always see that in these sorts of shows, especially on FN.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Really happy this show is back and I enjoyed it as much as ever.  Good first episode too. I felt bad for the cheftestant who fell during her race back to her station.  That left bruises and sore areas the next day, I'm sure. 

• Like 3
(edited)

I thought production gave away the winner during the episode. I would have been more surprised if he hadn't won. 

Plus, isn't the winner determined from just the last cook? Because Alex said he'd had 3 good cooks. Is this a rule change, or have they been considering all 3 rounds before this? If so, they never mentioned it 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
(edited)

I'm a terrible person but the woman who fell got on my last nerve with her yammering and I was really hoping she would not win. (Not that I wanted her to get hurt, I just wanted her to dial back the perky.) I am glad the show is back!

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 3

I actually thought the woman should have won.  This is one of those cases where I felt that it should have been a blind judging.  Also with two judges with Southern tastes it made me think their expectation for sweetness was on a much higher level than average, which worked against her.  That guy's dish looked like chicken with a candy coating....

I am happy the show is back, though.  I don't know why I love this show so much but I do, LOL.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, eclectcmoi said:

In the latest episode, getting to go in whenever to buy one item was new and I kind of like it.  

I thought they changed that last season? 

• Like 1

I don't remember that, but maybe they did.  The first episode of this season, it was still only going in at the end of the 3rd round.  

• Like 1

I haven't seen Alex in a while, she looks different than the last time I saw her, but it was a while ago. Glad she still has a show. I really hate they have celebrity chef's competing when so many regular chefs could use the money, 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the latest episode where the judges competed.  Eric Greenspan used to be a regular on GGG but he hasn't been on it in a while so it was fun to see him again because he's funny and such a goof.  I thought it was a little suspect that a couple of the carts coming out had just the right ingredients for an Asian challenge.  It seems like most of the time in Arizona people come out with ingredients for Mexican dishes.  I was also floored on how the people caved and sold their carts for so little when they recognized the judge, lol.  Next week will feature another round with more judges like Damaris.

• Like 4

I am also enjoying the judges' episodes. I love Eric Greenspan. Did not realize he had started an American cheese company and now I am looking for where to get it.

• Like 1

I like Joe and appreciate his win, but I felt sorry for Karen Acunowicz losing to Viet Pham and missing the finale.  She is a James Beard award winner for best chef Northeast while Viet was a Beard semifinalist once.  I think she looks great, too, she lost a lot of weight.  I don't live that far from Boston.  One day I'd love to go to one of her restaurants.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Grizzly said:

A rerun, how disappointing.  My guide said this was new.

If you're talking about the deli episode for some reason it was new to me. 🤷‍♀️

On 6/20/2024 at 12:08 AM, Yeah No said:

If you're talking about the deli episode for some reason it was new to me. 🤷‍♀️

It was new to me also. Maybe @Grizzly,  by mistake caught the rerun that ran after the new show?

8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

It was new to me also. Maybe @Grizzly,  by mistake caught the rerun that ran after the new show?

Nope. Couldn't forget the blonde who dithered about buying the couple's groceries out of their car.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

Nope. Couldn't forget the blonde who dithered about buying the couple's groceries out of their car.

I noticed it was marked as episode 4 which would make it an older episode than the most recent new one we've seen, which I think was episode 8.  But they often air shows out of order I've noticed, and interestingly because of that I've sometimes found eps they haven't aired yet on my "on Demand" with Comcast. 

• Like 2