Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Kiss Me In Lamorne-ing

BobH
  • Start Topic

Lamorne Morris, Lil Rel Howery, Thomas Middleditch, Mike Colter, Sara Foster and Erin Foster guest.

I know they record all these years in advance and to air in any order, buy why have Jane do an introduction to every episode which makes it sound like a season opener, even when aired this deep into a season?  Also, kind of funny that Jane made a comment about the first time having siblings on the show, when in our timeline they just did two weeks back.

Okay episode, nothing too egregious in the gameplay, but nothing spectacular either. The final round was a bit heartbreaking, but really no-one to blame but herself on how long it took to get David Letterman, which should be a gimme. It was surprising because she got a few of the other ones pretty fast with not as great clues.

• Love 3

I know.  Like whipping out Matt Groenig?  That's pretty impressive.  But yes, it took her too long to do David Letterman.  And she should have been more quick to pass  on some other times--for instance, when she recognized Billy Eichner from the impression but the name didn't come to her.  Once you start going at it sideways (like trying to get her to name Billy Crystal to get the Billy name), it's usually a waste of time.  Even if you eventually get there, like with Letterman, you've spent precious time you could have used better.

She could have still won had either of them been able to whip out a better Kathy Bates project like Misery.  American Horror Story has too many potential responses.

She picked pretty good celebs, though. Smarter choices than last week.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She could have still won had either of them been able to whip out a better Kathy Bates project like Misery.

They were trying to get there but you could tell neither of them could remember the name Misery - they said something along the lines of 'she kept the guy in her house'. 

I still despise the Song Sung Wrong game. 

Another lackluster episode. It really makes a difference (to me) if the celebrities are fun. I thought I would love Lamorne Morris here since I loved him on New Girl, but he annoyed me when he kept telling the other team during Block This Way which block they should pick.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Another lackluster episode. It really makes a difference (to me) if the celebrities are fun. I thought I would love Lamorne Morris here since I loved him on New Girl, but he annoyed me when he kept telling the other team during Block This Way which block they should pick.

Well that wasn't exactly what he was doing but that was also the only time I found him annoying. I thought it was a fun game everyone seemed ready to play. That's all I ask.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Well that wasn't exactly what he was doing but that was also the only time I found him annoying. I thought it was a fun game everyone seemed ready to play. That's all I ask.

Yeah his saying "no" when they'd pick the right answer was annoying but overall, he was a strong player.

I thought I would love Lamorne Morris here since I loved him on New Girl, but he annoyed me when he kept telling the other team during Block This Way which block they should pick.

That kind of pissed me off, because the block-builder has his/her entire team yelling out names telling them which block to use, it must be very confusing having someone on the other side yelling "no" and throwing you off. That shouldn't be allowed.

Also, can we start a petition to have "Song Sung Wrong" permanently banned from the show? I'm sorry, Jane Lynch, but singing is just not your strong suit. It's really not an interesting game, it's mostly just listening to Jane murder various pop tunes.

Bonus round was a nail-biter. Just barely missed it.

I knew who exactly two of these six celebrities were. Two. Never heard of the other four in my life.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2

For the final round when Jane was naming the celebs to choose from, she referred to Sarah Foster as Erin and then when she got to the other team did the same, calling Erin, Sarah. I’m surprised neither one made a quick comment.