Whimsy
  • Start Topic

image.png.bb9925490a78f5b4b890a322f30fda96.png

From CBS.com

Dean Kowalski

Biography

Hometown: Westfield, New Jersey
Current residence: New York City

Hobbies: Basketball, crafts, and DJ-ing.

Pet peeves: People honking in dead-stop traffic, people from the back pushing up a couple rows upon airplane landing, and roommates leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a prolonged period of time.

Three words to describe you: Jovial, observant, and likeable.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Achieving the highest success rate of all Miami Algebra 1 teachers for students passing the end of year exam.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
Shirley Manzanares. Shirley was one of my 9th grade Algebra 1 students in my first year teaching. Shirley was an A+ student and the most respectful and loving soul. What you didn't see was her two jobs to help pay for prom, her caring for her two younger siblings while her mom worked at night, and her dedication to community service. Shirley will be the first in her family to attend college.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
I have recently grown to appreciate astronomy, physics, and our place in the universe.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Wendell for his quiet leadership.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:34 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

Five minutes into his Wigler interview, I don't like him.  Can he speak a complete sentence without using a profanity?  

Couldn't stand this guy. Anyone who describes where they're from as "affluent" TWICE, reads douche to me.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I had to go look him up, and YES, he does look just like Blake. And now I will remember his name, because "Dean".....I always think of Dean from the Bach franchise.

Yes! It's actually confusing me because he looks like Blake but his name is Dean so I keep thinking about Dean when I see him as well. It's kinda trippy lol.

Since I came here to reply, I ended up looking at his bio.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
Shirley Manzanares. Shirley was one of my 9th grade Algebra 1 students in my first year teaching. Shirley was an A+ student and the most respectful and loving soul. What you didn't see was her two jobs to help pay for prom, her caring for her two younger siblings while her mom worked at night, and her dedication to community service. Shirley will be the first in her family to attend college.

This part makes him sound like such a douche lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Yes! It's actually confusing me because he looks like Blake but his name is Dean so I keep thinking about Dean when I see him as well. It's kinda trippy lol.

Since I came here to reply, I ended up looking at his bio.

I guess she inspired him to give up teaching and go into sales?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Hopefully he's a better salesman than he is detective/strategist/social gamer.  I was impressed that Janet called him out on the spot last night at TC.

Dean is the kind of guy I feel like cartoon sound effects should follow.

• Love 3
On 10/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Shirley probably doesn't exist.  She is merely a fiction, so he can humblebrag about teaching underprivileged kids

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Special K said:

Shirley probably doesn't exist.  She is merely a fiction, so he can humblebrag about teaching underprivileged kids

This is what I thought as well lol.

I'm just glad this last ep proved that Dean sucks super hard like I assumed. That being said though, I'd like him to last a bit longer because he makes me laugh with his unfinished face (thanks @Nashville!), seating positions at TC, and stupidity.

• LOL 2
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is what I thought as well lol.

I'm just glad this last ep proved that Dean sucks super hard like I assumed. That being said though, I'd like him to last a bit longer because he makes me laugh with his unfinished face (thanks @Nashville!), seating positions at TC, and stupidity.

I was also wondering if Dean made up a fake inspirational student.  

• Love 1