Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Bleak City

• Start Topic

So, am I the only one who thinks we have now met Genesis' parents?    Do they know where their child is?  Does the angel even know he has a child?  Cassidy didn't figure it out, but I bet Tulip or Jesse would have.  And Tulip hasn't even read Jesse's letter yet.

Featherstone referred to the angel a a "political prisoner."

• Love 3

It kind of crossed my mind. I don't remember if they ever mentioned Genesis' origin before, at least since the very first episode. 

Every time I've watched this show I wonder where they're going with this. I'm pretty sure the answer is "nowhere," but it's an entertaining ride. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

It kind of crossed my mind. I don't remember if they ever mentioned Genesis' origin before, at least since the very first episode. 

Every time I've watched this show I wonder where they're going with this. I'm pretty sure the answer is "nowhere," but it's an entertaining ride. 

I recall Fiore and DeBlanc explaining that Genesis was the child of an angel and a demon, and how disgusting that was.

• Love 3

Once again: Jesse tries to do the right thing, and it backfires on him. Granted, "I'm sorry" really can't cover sending Eugene to Hell, even if it was by accident. That is shit that Hallmark doesn't make cards for. Well, not yet.

Also: angel/demon banging! Tulip hangs with Jesus! And Featherstone plays flying squirrel once again! At least it's fun to watch. Are you bored by Jesse driving out of a garage? Well, here's SoK getting one-shotted by a wrecking ball.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Are you bored by Jesse driving out of a garage?

I could not believe how long that scene was, and the whole time I was waiting for something to happen. It was worse than Jesse begging some Dweeb to rent him a car, which went on way too long as well. It almost makes you wonder if Jesse was supposed to get T-boned by those trucks he keeps narrowly avoiding.

Can someone tell me why Jesse was trying to hotwire/steal a car, what happened to his rental car that he couldn't drive that instead?

10 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

So, am I the only one who thinks we have now met Genesis' parents?

Oh snap, I didn't even think of that! It feels like its been so freaking long since we really got into the origin of Genesis! That would actually make a lot of sense. The angel/demon lovers fight was a good bit, as was the dance bit, ending with them showing their respective wings and tail. And if they really are the parents of Genesis, it would mean this actually has a point, someone increasingly rare the last few seasons.

Its nice that at least Jessie is trying to do good things again and not abuse the voice, but of course it backfires. Yeah, even if it was an accident, sending someone to Hell needs at least a decent Hallmark card and some chocolates. 

• Love 2

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by the Eternal Garage Scene. Still not as bad as the shuttle ride in the first episode of ST:TNG.

And so Eugene loses his innocence.

I wonder what Hitler will do to get even with Starr for beating him up. You know he's not just going to let it slide. I also wonder if Starr's new ear is going to fall off like the other one did.

I have to wonder about Cassidy's new earring, as well as his tattoos, which he obviously got after becoming a vampire.  Wouldn't his healing abilities "push" the tattoo ink out from his dermis? Or wouldn't the hole made by a tattoo needle close before the ink could be injected? His amputated body parts grow back almost immediately.

And wouldn't a piercing be much like a bullet sticking out from his body, and be pushed out so that the hole could heal?  Or would the hole stay open as long as the earring is there, but close instantaneously if he took the earring out?

• LOL 3

Eugene returning to his murderous ways!  (Okay, not quite fair, but whatever...)  Didn't think he had it in him.  He might have been acting on SOK's orders though.

That scene in the parking garage, it seemed like it was supposed to be suspenseful.  I kept expecting SOK to show up in front of the car.  It didn't seem like he could have gotten there that quickly, but I couldn't figure out where else that scene was going.  It was an odd one.

• Love 1

I assume those near miss auto collisions were God delaying Jesse just long enough to allow him to be reunited with Eugene and the Saint.  Jesse knows that God is fucking with him all along.  Does it not occur to him that every move he's making is basically playing out God's hand?

Having read the entire comic series years ago, I eagerly await the actual confrontation between our hero and (if Jesse is the protagonist in our story, does that make God the) villain.  I assume it plays out very similarly given the momentary teaser during the season premiere pre-credit sequence and the (inadvertent?) spoiler that is shown during this season's credit sequence.