Type keyword(s) to search

Carol's Second Act In The Media

19 hours ago, illdoc said:

When I saw Heaton and her husband were going to EP this show I knew it was going to be bad.  They have worked together on several other projects, all which flopped.  The only reasons I can think as to why she keeps giving him work is to either keep him busy and/or keep an eye on him.  IMO, he has no business being an EP on a network sitcom.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Although I like the premise and felt it was getting better as it progressed, I just found Carol too "right" and rigid (and I wanted to really like the character as I'm older and have changed jobs as an older woman who gets questioned by younger colleagues [how can you know about technology?  you're old...]).  They should have underplayed her competence to show growth and vulnerability.  Oh well-I really did have high hopes for this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I though this was a mess from beginning to end, and I love Patricia Heaton.  It looked bad visually.   Instead of feeling I was in a hospital, I could see the sets.    They underused Kyle M.  The mess with her husband and 2 women writers quitting because of it must have caused chaos behind the scenes.

JMO, For her next project, she needs to leave the husband at home and team a Producer who has a lot of experience and a proven track-record.   Not sure if he wants to do another comedy, but I were Heaton I'd be giving Phil Rosenthal a call.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Time slot was terrible. If you don't like Mom, (which is a very different show) you had to just wait around for it. Plus, CBS doesn't put stuff online without the All Access subscription.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:19 PM, ketose said:

Time slot was terrible. If you don't like Mom, (which is a very different show) you had to just wait around for it. Plus, CBS doesn't put stuff online without the All Access subscription.

We could stream it on Hulu on CBS for a few days.  The episodes would expire and drop off after a handful of days.  Even if the show got picked up by another network it would be months before any new episodes could air.  I'm now jonesing for the next season of Sweet Magnolias.  No telling when that will be out.  😒