Type keyword(s) to search

Blood & Treasure & Media

• Start Topic

From what I’ve read this week, there hadn’t quite finished filming the season, but were close. It also appears that studios in California will be able to resume filming, under restrictions, on June 13. I’ll speculate that there will be able to finish filming soon afterwards, and that saving it for the fall schedule would be entirely feasible. They’ll want to get past the political conventions in August, and the resumption of NBA, MSB, and likely some form of NFL and college football around Labor Day.

I didn't see any mention of it on CBS's fall schedule.  Still hoping it will be a summer show, but I haven't seen any previews for it so it looks likely it wouldn't air until midseason at the earliest?

On 3/1/2021 at 2:46 AM, theschnauzers said:

TVLine reported today that filming season 2 was completed in mid-December 2020. Nothing about when it will air, but this coming summer certainly seems within reason.

Summer is nearly over, and no news about this show... so odd.  This show definitely seems to work better as a summer show.  And it isn't on the fall schedule as far as I know.  Is this going to be a mid-season replacement or are they really going to hold it until summer 2022?  

I would assume it will be held for next year.  If they didn't use it as a stop gap last fall when none of their regular shows were ready, I can't see them using it this fall.  My only guess is they didn't want to put a scripted, serialized show up against the Olympics.  

• Love 1

Is this show ever coming back?  Is there any definite confirmation that Season 2 is still shooting, or has it been finished and they are just waiting until summer to release it.  If per above the season finished shooting in December 2020, why will it take a year and a half to release?  Are they doing reshoots? I see that Matt Barr is going to be doing the Walker prequel.  The handling of this show seems strange.

Let’s face it, this show is just like “Zoo”.  It’s not great but it was released in the summer and the only reason why it got a lot of viewers and a renewal is because of a lack original summer programming.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they just can it altogether.

I didn't watch Zoo, but even as a summer show it was better than Under the Dome and that awful Halle Berry aliens show.    If nothing else it had all the international scenery.   I think the season was mostly complete before the shutdown so that a lot of sunk cost to just scrap.  It almost seems like something happened behind the scenes to prevent it from airing.  

I’m suspecting it’ll air this summer, but CBS is going to have to do some work to ignite interest after such a long delay. Meanwhile, Matt Barr, after recurring on the CW’s Walker to the first half of its season one, in the role of Walker’s best friend Hoyt, has been cast in the pilot for a Walker prequel, Walker:Independence as Hoyt’s direct ancestor in 19th Century Texas.

7 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

I’m suspecting it’ll air this summer, but CBS is going to have to do some work to ignite interest after such a long delay. Meanwhile, Matt Barr, after recurring on the CW’s Walker to the first half of its season one, in the role of Walker’s best friend Hoyt, has been cast in the pilot for a Walker prequel, Walker:Independence as Hoyt’s direct ancestor in 19th Century Texas.

Yes, it's been three years since the first season aired.  I think I've pretty much forgotten almost everything that happened.

There’s an updated release date that says season 2 will premiere on August 2nd. However, I can’t find anything that says it’ll definitively be on CBS. Seems likely that it might air on another platform.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, kariyaki said:

There’s an updated release date that says season 2 will premiere on August 2nd. However, I can’t find anything that says it’ll definitively be on CBS. Seems likely that it might air on another platform.

I couldn’t find that information anywhere, but the first season is streaming on Paramount+, without any mention of season 2. I would guess that if this doesn’t air on the linear network, it will stream on Paramount+.

On 5/17/2022 at 1:56 PM, AnimeMania said:

The 13-episode Blood & Treasure Season 2 will premiere Sunday, July 17 on the Paramount+ streaming service with a weekly release every Sunday.

The first 2 episodes will premiere Sunday, July 17 on the Paramount+ streaming service with a weekly release every Sunday.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, AnimeMania said:

The first 2 episodes will premiere Sunday, July 17 on the Paramount+ streaming service with a weekly release every Sunday.

Is the first season also available on Paramount Plus?  I feel like it's been three (?!) years, I don't think I remember any of what happened other than the guy with the long Tresemme hair from Battlestar Galactica is just as annoying as he was there.

I really hope they do an extensive "previously" sequence since I don't have a clue as to what any of the open lingering plot lines are.

I think it's a curious decision to air this on Paramount Plus, but I'm assuming it's because CBS didn't want to use up summer air time for it.  Unlike with perhaps the Yellowstone series, I don't think anyone is going to subscribe to PP just for this show.  Seems to me like they are just burning it off.  I doubt there will be a third season given the troubles of getting this second season released and especially since Matt Barr is the lead on that new Walker spinoff.

From TV Line's Matt's Inside Line

With one of the Blood & Treasure leads [Matt Barr] already cast in their own CW show, what are the chances for a Season 3 renewal? Or should we go into this long-awaited second season assuming it’s the end? –L.

When I recently spoke to Barr, he was gung-ho about Blood & Treasure Season 2 (streaming on Paramount+ starting July 17) — and not entirely ruling out a renewal. “We shot [Season 2] all over Thailand, and Italy, and Quebec…. We took Season 1 and just amped it up, it’s like Season 1 on steroids!” he said. “It’s a really special season; I’m excited for everyone to see it.” And as for whether it will leave fans clamoring for even more, he answered, “You bet!” before quipping, “Five years later, we’ll release Season 3!”
  • Useful 1

Why would they put this on Paramount+?  It's not like it's going to be a huge draw they can use buzz or nostalgia to promote ad nauseum on their dozens of cable channels.   And it's not like they're airing on CBS during the summer.  The highlight of their schedule is The Price is Right reruns from two years ago.   I'm sure they could have squeezed this in somewhere.   

• Love 1

CBS has moved away from summer drama shows would be my first guess. And Seal Team has apparently done well enough on Paramount +. It didn’t help things for the show that the global pandemic came along when it did as the approach CBS took was quite similar to what they did with The Amazing Race’s first season in 2001 post 9/11. The mindset was that viewers wouldn’t want to watch an globe trotting show when something was affecting the entire globe. and as a reminder season 33 of TAR was disrupted in production as well.

On 5/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, AnimeMania said:

Well that really sucks.  I liked season one and would've enjoyed watching season 2, but I'm not paying for Paramount+.

From TVLine, Matt's Inside Line

Please tell me that there will be a Blood & Treasure Season 3. I was thrilled to finally get Season 2. –Christie

It’s very early going, so there is no renewal news yet. But co-creator Matthew Federman said that the Season 2 finale won’t leave fans hanging too badly, if Season 3 is not meant to be. “It’ll be a very satisfying ending,” Federman told TVLine, “but there’s also a lot of stuff that you could pick up and run with if there were to be more show to be had.”
On 2/17/2023 at 5:12 PM, giovannif7 said:

The decision has been made, and it's not the one fans hoped for - there will be no Season 3 for Blood & Treasure.

I am not at all surprised.  The show completely lost all momentum with the still unexplained inexplicable decision to shelve the show for two years even after it had completed filming the second season (I think).  It's easy to blame COVID for the delay in production, but it seemed that this show had completed production, as evidenced by Matt Barr having moved on to Walker Independence.  

Moving to Paramount Plus instead of CBS didn't help either.  If the show had stayed on CBS and had gotten its summer release, it would have been more successful.  Even the awful summer series "Zoo" got three seasons.

• Like 3