Type keyword(s) to search

DC TVU Mafia

• Start Topic

@writingdreamer came close to finding a clue when she spotted the capital M in Margarita pie, but she didn't find the rest of it (unsurprising; those first two clues were particularly hard).  I'm not sure if @Dougal spotted the "Fisher King" clue, but it was right after that that HD was killed.

The whole thing with the turboprop planes and the fiber optic cables being stolen by the Mob were me trying to fit the ultra-modern world of the CW shows into retro Gotham.  And at one point someone mentioned Laurel dumping her drink into the fake plant.... that was pure symbolism; she was dumping out her sobriety (the soft drink) as she took off with Barbara.  I knew that Laurel was a villain (at @Lisin's suggestion; told you all she was invaluable), but I took advantage of anticipating the no-lynch in Day One to take a little time getting her to that point.  After @CuriousParker investigated @JayKay in Night One I knew I couldn't stretch it out, though...  it wasn't fair for the investigator to not know a villain had been found.

• Love 3
  • Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well gosh ... I really went over some of the clues and I am sitting here thinking ... I am a dunce, for I didn't grasp any of them.  But to be fair, those were some obscure clues! 

I have a question if SNVBob would care to answer at his leisure ... I would love to know the reasoning behind the TJtrack99 kill ... be honest now ... is it because you have played before with him and knew his MO?  Was it a feeling?  What was it, cause I aint seeing it.

HA!

Something like that.  During the Day 3 Cluster, Spruce and I were both doing everything we could to declare I was a Hero without flat-out saying it.  But TJ just wasn't getting it.  And I know that he's a smarter player than to miss the clues and implications we were using.  So he had to be being deliberately obtuse.  And there would be only one reason for that; he wasn't a Hero. 

So I shot him.  It was between him and Dougal for a little while (Athena can attest to that, and a lot of my incorrect suspicions and hypotheses also), and given what happened that Night, I'm glad I went the way I did. 

It was considered in villain chat that Athena could be Montoya and Bob knew, so when it was suggested in here that TJ was Montoya and it wasn't refuted, it might come up the next day during the David Lynch. Didn't expect the vigilante kill in the night. That little insinuation must have raised the alarm given that Bob was the actual Montoya. I wonder if there were any other reasons.

I missed TJ's claim of Montoya, since I was too busy claiming it myself.  Looking back, I now see the claim.  And that would have been an additional factor then.

If it makes you feel any better, Constantine/dreamer, we the Villains thought the blond man was someone completely different. And we thought Bob was him

I was wondering what you meant here, but I think I deciphered it. Ya'll thought I was Victor Sage, didn't you?  Close, as the hints would have been the same.

For those that are wondering what I mean: Renee Montoya, like Harley Quinn, is a Canon Immigrant in the DCU.  She was created for the animated series (just like Harley) but was popular enough to be worked into the comic (and thus prime) universe.  This is where she was expanded and fleshed out, including "defining" her sexuality.  And during the events of the DC comic event 52 (which hasn't happened in the DCTVU, yet...) she met, became sidekick to, then the successor of a different DC hero.  Victor Sage, The Question.

If you'll notice, pretty much all of my posts (except some in the Cluster, and shortly thereafter when I thought everyone understood who I was) contain at least one question or some phrase using the word "question".  In question; the question is; things like that.  I'll spare you most of them, but there's one that needs to be pointed out.

All this to say that there's still one extra person on the Hero list. The question is who? Me, I thought it might be Bullock, but after reading back I'm no longer sure.

In addition to all the Question-ing I did, I dropped some other clues.   

I'd kiss you for that, but we all know I'm not into guys.

This clue's is about Montoya, but it's a little subtle.  It says that I'm either a straight male or a lesbian.  Or in this case, both.

I also dropped in a few clues that actually point more to the first Question, and not Montoya.  And that's where the Villains may have got the partially wrong idea about who I was.

What say I?  What is there to say?  I may have lost face and made a mistake...

As much as Biz is trying to build it up, there's no conspiracy here.  I'd know.

You'll see that I'm a Hero and that my purposes are not sinister (unlike those of aglets.)

Lost face is a direct allusion to The Question, who wears a mask that completely blanks their face. 

The other two lines are allusions to the DCAU version of The Question from Justice League Unlimited, which was Vic Sage.  In that series, he was a rampant conspiracy theorist in addition to being a superhero.  So the one line is hinting at that.  The other line is a mutation of an infamous quote of his from one episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yRU4iZUsTY0#t=403

So I can see why there was some confusion, but I did say

I'm not exactly a sage after all.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 4

Thanks Bob, and all I can say is WOW.

This was only my second game ... and I was prompted to play the first telling me that I didn't need to know anything about the shows to play.  I kind of assumed that it would be that way with this one as well.  But gosh darn, so many of the clues were so obscure that only a person proficient in the comic universe would be able to find them out.

Granted, I got to play, but only from a point of some rather pointless clues.

Since this was only my second game, I was more prone to off the wall clues and intuition (or gut feel) of certain players.  SilverStormm (we could talk out of game) however was pretty good at deciphering game play and even if some of her clues were not officially clues, she nailed a couple of players from the beginning.

Those that spoke up of course.  Not fair for villains to not post ... how else can we pin something on them?  :;giggle::

Stacey was a hard one ... we suspected her from Day 1 after the way she accused SS right away, and then was the first to reply right away after Day 2, pointing the finger at us and how we suspected HD.  But then, she didn't really contribute to the game in any way ... no real posts, no accusations, no debates, nothing we could use.

JayKay, all I can say is that we both sort of went WTF?  We actually felt bad.  We were thinking, how can they get DL'd with such an obscure clue the CP posted?  But when we saw that they were a villain, we about freaked (well, I know I did) ... totally caught us off guard. 

Tabbyclaw we suspected from the point when they said "I just really think the 'calm' thing is a terrible clue" ... that didn't sit well with us ... HA!  So we put them in the villain column really early in the game.

TJtrack99 was put in the villain column for us around the same time ... in fact, anyone that argued with SS on the calm thing got immediately put into the villain column.  There is a lesson in there somewhere.  ::giggle::

Dougal we suspected almost immediately, but again, had nothing to pin on him.  And when he came out with his long list of happenings ... I was like, hmmmm, villain or hero, couldn't tell ... his kill came as a shock.

Halcyon Days, well you already know we suspected her from the start.

So the thing with SVNBob - yeah, we both suspected him pretty hard ... what led us to this was his comment about giving proxy to Athena for a vote.  We were both had the understanding that there could only be one hero pairing, in fact I said something about it at one point, and we knew we were it.  So since he trusted Athena (and we thought Athena was too quiet) so much, that means he could chat with her, ergo, the only other peeps that can chat are villains, makes Bob a villain.  We came around eventually.  We learned a lesson on game play with this one.

We suspected photo fox and Tmunz for a bit, mainly because they were so quiet during game play ... PF started to come around and then we dropped that suspicion, Tmunz we never got a handle on.  We felt bad for caprice and CuriousParker getting killed so early in the game.  writingdreamer, at the very start, we thought she might be a villain by the graffiti clue, but turned around on that.  jessied112 and egavasc, pretty much never suspected them. 

Now The Crazed Spruce?  OMG, we could never ever get a handle on him!  He drove us batty, again, maybe just me.  HA!  He kept switching columns, villain/hero ... that was a trip!

Anyway ... that was fun!  Albeit it making my head spin at time ... and SilverStormm, if I spoke anything out of turn, please feel free to correct ... it's my old memory after all!

• Love 3

Thanks Bob, and all I can say is WOW.

This was only my second game ... and I was prompted to play the first telling me that I didn't need to know anything about the shows to play.  I kind of assumed that it would be that way with this one as well.  But gosh darn, so many of the clues were so obscure that only a person proficient in the comic universe would be able to find them out.

Granted, I got to play, but only from a point of some rather pointless clues.

Since this was only my second game, I was more prone to off the wall clues and intuition (or gut feel) of certain players.  SilverStormm (we could talk out of game) however was pretty good at deciphering game play and even if some of her clues were not officially clues, she nailed a couple of players from the beginning.

Those that spoke up of course.  Not fair for villains to not post ... how else can we pin something on them?  :;giggle::

Stacey was a hard one ... we suspected her from Day 1 after the way she accused SS right away, and then was the first to reply right away after Day 2, pointing the finger at us and how we suspected HD.  But then, she didn't really contribute to the game in any way ... no real posts, no accusations, no debates, nothing we could use.

JayKay, all I can say is that we both sort of went WTF?  We actually felt bad.  We were thinking, how can they get DL'd with such an obscure clue the CP posted?  But when we saw that they were a villain, we about freaked (well, I know I did) ... totally caught us off guard. 

Tabbyclaw we suspected from the point when they said "I just really think the 'calm' thing is a terrible clue" ... that didn't sit well with us ... HA!  So we put them in the villain column really early in the game.

TJtrack99 was put in the villain column for us around the same time ... in fact, anyone that argued with SS on the calm thing got immediately put into the villain column.  There is a lesson in there somewhere.  ::giggle::

Dougal we suspected almost immediately, but again, had nothing to pin on him.  And when he came out with his long list of happenings ... I was like, hmmmm, villain or hero, couldn't tell ... his kill came as a shock.

Halcyon Days, well you already know we suspected her from the start.

So the thing with SVNBob - yeah, we both suspected him pretty hard ... what led us to this was his comment about giving proxy to Athena for a vote.  We were both had the understanding that there could only be one hero pairing, in fact I said something about it at one point, and we knew we were it.  So since he trusted Athena (and we thought Athena was too quiet) so much, that means he could chat with her, ergo, the only other peeps that can chat are villains, makes Bob a villain.  We came around eventually.  We learned a lesson on game play with this one.

We suspected photo fox and Tmunz for a bit, mainly because they were so quiet during game play ... PF started to come around and then we dropped that suspicion, Tmunz we never got a handle on.  We felt bad for caprice and CuriousParker getting killed so early in the game.  writingdreamer, at the very start, we thought she might be a villain by the graffiti clue, but turned around on that.  jessied112 and egavasc, pretty much never suspected them. 

Now The Crazed Spruce?  OMG, we could never ever get a handle on him!  He drove us batty, again, maybe just me.  HA!  He kept switching columns, villain/hero ... that was a trip!

Anyway ... that was fun!  Albeit it making my head spin at time ... and SilverStormm, if I spoke anything out of turn, please feel free to correct ... it's my old memory after all!

Heh, I felt bad about spending most of the game wasted, too.... ;)

I italicized part of your post here because I was thinking once TJ was revealed as a villain, "Was that a strategic kill?" Even though it was finally shown that ALL of the clues were way over my head, I would have shown up in Day Two to defend some of what wd was saying. Also, TJ knows that one of my pet peeves is the players who don't participate in regular discussion. I'd have been pushing votes toward anyone who was too quiet.

Spruce, you and your constant "target" comments had me thinking you were The Arrow! I had a major *facepalm* when Mark revealed you as Chance. I freaking loved that show!

Nice job with all the cameos, Mark! Oh, and I no longer remember where I was at the time, but I recently heard your and stacey's song. :)

• Love 5

Same here.  Although I got to thinking he was Dead Shot, a character with impeccable aim, that had shown up on Arrow once or twice, and was at least at one point an anti-hero (not a villain) in one continuity or another.

You really should look that show up, Silver!  "The Human Target," ran for 2 short seasons on Fox, starring Mark Valley.  The first season was awesome; the second had some network interference issues but is still entertaining.  I'm not sure where it's available for legal streaming

I checked on this.  According to the Roku I got for Christmas (thanks to my little sister), Human Target is available for streaming on Amazon for $2-3 per episode.  Also on Vudu, I think, for around the same price.

One last comic continuity Easter Egg.  The detective that shows up in the epilogue that brings Felicity back to life: he's one version of yet another DC super.  One innately linked to vengeance and justice, and capable of bringing back the dead: The Spectre.

• Love 4

I just wanted to publicly thank MarkHB for letting me be his assistant! This was so much fun and I definitely have a greater understanding for the game now that I've seen it from both sides. I'm nowhere near creative enough to mod one, but I'm down for playing again and I will be much more active this time! 

• Love 8

To the three people who took me up on my consultation offer, sorry I wasn't really that much help.

Yes, there were only 3 people that inquired about my services.  (TJ doesn't count as he's shown that his question was actually about something else.)   So I knew that Silverstormm was Magnitude, Machiabelly was Pierce, and stacey was Jeff.  I also knew their powers, commenting that Spruce would love to have stacey's. 

But I really didn't help them that much.  I helped Silverstormm help get Biz DLd to some extent.  And I complemented both Stormm and stacey on their hint-dropping when they did so, but that's really about all I did.  And as all three can attest, I did not share any of the other's information with them.  Even though that's exactly what Machiabelly wanted.

• Love 3