Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds right. I've read and reread everything and I honestly cannot find a clue I like more than the original one that started the CP DL in the first place. I think the one for JK Tumbling is fairly thin, and aside from those two nothing has struck out. So to be clear, I'd be fine with an attempt at a CP DL as well. I just did the first thing that seemed interesting to me. I find it hard to believe that there is a 2 kill hero that isn't Buffy, which makes me think CP isn't a hero so in the interest of being brave, I will change my DL to:

1 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin) 8 to be brave! 

• Love 3

Exactly, Silver. CP couldn't have been protected during the first day. Which brings me to...

My intensive research has lead me to believe that MarkHB is a hero, his changing his vote did not change our ability to get the extension, so, since he went with JayKay rather than a No DL vote I'm lead to believe he knew something or had discovered something he couldn't share.

...Mark couldn't have "known" something which led him to cast the DL JayKay vote since it was Day 1.

• Love 3

It's not impossible for someone to have special knowledge on Day 1. It happened in the LOL game, for what that's worth. But yeah, it'd be unusual.

I agree that we need to DL someone, anyone, at this point; I know it's counter to my usual reasoning about D1 lynching, but, there you go. Since I'm not particularly convinced by any clues so far other than the parking one, And confused about just what happened during night 1, let's jump on with this for now:

3 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, photo fox, Dougal); 6 to do something, anything

• Love 4

Interesting.  I went back to see if CuriousParker has posted yesterday or today (since I already said I would only vote for players who didn't, and I keep my promises) and CP hasn't posted since Wednesday night.  

During my search I was reminded that it was Oinky Boinky, the Vampire Slayer herself, who started the Day 1 CP DL.  For some reason I thought it was JayKay (since CP immediately started a retaliatory DL on him) but JK only pointed out the parking clue, didn't start the DL.  

So... Oinky started the DL on Curious, it went through, but that night Curious was still alive and Buffy/Oinky was dead at Glory's hands... revenge?  We may have found our SK on Day 2.  Which would be a nice change to the SK winning in the last game. ;) 

4 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, photo fox, Dougal, Drogo); 5 to finish what the Slayer started

• Love 4

I had assumed Mark was trying to see who would jump on my lynch to root out villains. But nobody else did, so I guess it was a bust? It's the second day I've been put up for DL, and I'm a little disconcerted.

But I'm not certain that CP is a villain, even after stumbling on what could have been a clue because of Ballard being heroic on Dollhouse. Like Drogo, I do find it odd she hasn't come in and been like "yo, dummies, I told you!" though. But then, if not speaking is nefarious, she's hardly the #1 suspect.

Here's a crazy idea. What great villains don't want a fair fight with worthy opponents? It's hard to do that when the heroes carry dead weight that leads to us killing our own... and potentially the villains for merely daring to speak.

What if we made a silent truce for a few Days and Nights, to make things interesting by cutting the fat first? Am I nuts for even considering it?

• Love 3

What if we made a silent truce for a few Days and Nights, to make things interesting by cutting the fat first? Am I nuts for even considering it?

I like this idea, JayKay but no villains are going to pick up the phone during the Day.  We may need to ask for a show of good faith during the Night.  

Anyone who isn't following- we're suggesting that the villains kill a non-contributor tonight as opposed to active posters.  (And in turn we'd do the same... then fight to the death.)  

They may not be amenable to it if they're the silent players, though.  ;)

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

I had assumed Mark was trying to see who would jump on my lynch to root out villains. But nobody else did, so I guess it was a bust? It's the second day I've been put up for DL, and I'm a little disconcerted.

But I'm not certain that CP is a villain, even after stumbling on what could have been a clue because of Ballard being heroic on Dollhouse. Like Drogo, I do find it odd she hasn't come in and been like "yo, dummies, I told you!" though. But then, if not speaking is nefarious, she's hardly the #1 suspect.

Here's a crazy idea. What great villains don't want a fair fight with worthy opponents? It's hard to do that when the heroes carry dead weight that leads to us killing our own... and potentially the villains for merely daring to speak.

I've thought this should be SOP for a long time. I will personally start a DL on the first person who pops in and says, "Oh we can't do that and not give (person) a shot at self-defense!" If you're not going to be around for a while, drop a note. We all have RL situations and can be understanding. But!! If you're just going to disappear, then I hate to say it, the villains deserve to win.

I like this idea, JayKay but no villains are going to pick up the phone during the Day.  We may need to ask for a show of good faith during the Night.  

Anyone who isn't following- we're suggesting that the villains kill a non-contributor tonight as opposed to active posters.  (And in turn we'd do the same... then fight to the death.)  

They may not be amenable to it if they're the silent players, though.  ;)

We'll  never know if they're amenable or not, since they're silent.

I like my buzz stuff.

1 to DL BizzBuzz (Machiabelly) 8 to buyba Brown Coat

4 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Drogo) 5 to finish what the Slayer started

I'd like your buzz stuff more if I wasn't pretty sure I'd sussed out who she is. Biz isn't exactly good with the subtle.

Any other thoughts people? Or are we going to listen to the sounds of our own... keyboards?

• Love 3

I was fairly convinced by the BizzBuzz "evidence," but she's clearly trying to imply that she's Angel (off brooding) -- but (a) would a villain just lie in that way and (b) could Angel have turned evil?

Also a general question about clue hunting: I don't quite get how the writer would come up with these "clue" that back into a player's name via googling. And I'm not just saying that because apparently there is a Jesse who does gymnastics or whatever.

All that said, I liked the CP DL the first time.

5 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Drogo, Jesse) 4 to finish what the Slayer started

• Love 2

I'm not convinced by the BizBuzz stuff MB and I'll tell you why;

1. There are so many clues, it's almost too perfect.
  2. The mods generally do not give away so many clues to 1 player in such quick succession.
  3. And most importantly, I believe I have a good 'hunch' on who Biz is...

Machiabelly, do you watch any of the WhedonVerse at all?

As for the silent agreement, I guess we will find out come Night 2! In the meantime, I'm waiting for Biz to tell us who the non contributors are before doing anything.

• Love 2

I will personally start a DL on the first person who pops in and says, "Oh we can't do that and not give (person) a shot at self-defense!" 

This is fantastic.  You'll have to beat me to it, though, caprice

Biz isn't exactly good with the subtle.

That's actually my favorite thing about Biz...  My least favorite thing about Biz?  Littlefinger.  >:-|  

• Love 4

Oh my, now that is what I am talking about!  DISCUSSION!!!

I have to ingest this a bit, but I want to answer this:

So... if someone wanted to start a DL on one of them (btw Biz, who are they?), I'd be willing to join it.

At the risk of calling people out, I will tell you, but the only thing is that I am saving you the trouble, because the answer is available to you just like it is to me:

Tmunz and Athena

• Love 2

I'm really bad at looking for clues in any game especially TJ ones so I really have to guess and analyze the discussion here. Based on the evidence presented by Lisin, her show knowledge and my own (or lack thereof for AoS and Dollhouse), the CP argument is strong. CP, where are you? No word on how to defend yourself? I'm sorry, friend:

6 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Drogo, Jesse, Athena) 3 to read bedtime stories.

ETA: Err, Biz, we cross posted!

Edited by Athena
  • Love 2

I was fairly convinced by the BizzBuzz "evidence," but she's clearly trying to imply that she's Angel (off brooding) -- but (a) would a villain just lie in that way and (b) could Angel have turned evil?

LOL!! True story. Once upon a time, we had a game going in which a villain not only claimed to be another character, she did it so well that the person actually playing that character went along with it!

As for the silent agreement, I guess we will find out come Night 2! In the meantime, I'm waiting for Biz to tell us who the non contributors are before doing anything.

That's easy enough. Just read back over the last several pages. I don't count Night posts. Everyone comes out of the woodwork to drink.

In fact, I think I'll go do that now!

This is fantastic.  You'll have to beat me to it, though, caprice

That's actually my favorite thing about Biz...  My least favorite thing about Biz?  Littlefinger.  >:-|  

If it happens on a weekend, you just might!

As for your other point, well, it happens to all of us if we play this game long enough. ;)

• Love 2

That's easy enough. Just read back over the last several pages. I don't count Night posts. Everyone comes out of the woodwork to drink.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant that after the actions of Night 2 have played out, a la Day 3 we will know.

• Love 2

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant that after the actions of Night 2 have played out, a la Day 3 we will know.

Then I'm not sure who you were asking Biz about. I'm going back to look over who has and hasn't posted since Day 1 started.

• Love 2

Then I'm not sure who you were asking Biz about. I'm going back to look over who has and hasn't posted since Day 1 started.

Imo, it isn't merely who hasn't posted but those who have posted hardly at all and when they do post it adds nothing to the discussion, or is simply to join a lynch. Or only posts when pressured into it by having some shade thrown at them, and then only to defend themselves. I know what I mean if no-one else does lol.

• Love 2

Imo, it isn't merely who hasn't posted but those who have posted hardly at all and when they do post it adds nothing to the discussion, or is simply to join a lynch. Or only posts when pressured into it by having some shade thrown at them, and then only to defend themselves. I know what I mean if no-one else does lol.

I know what you mean and you're also throwing shade at me by doing it. ;)

As someone who is not super active in general and who is busy during weekends and weekday 9-5 hours, I always get annoyed when I miss a lynch so I join in when I can.

• Love 2

Ok ... so I went through everything ... I think ... and like I said before, I am so happy there is a discussion!!!

Also a general question about clue hunting: I don't quite get how the writer would come up with these "clue" that back into a player's name via googling. And I'm not just saying that because apparently there is a Jesse who does gymnastics or whatever.

Well ... each Mod can pick how they want to do the clues ... in the last GoT game, they used the first letter of each word in a sentence to correspond to the players name. 

As players, after playing a few games, you also get to know how different players play, and pick up on stuff ...

Based on that ... at the risk of killing a hero, I think I am going to risk a DL:

6 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Drogo, Jesse, Athena) 3 to read bedtime stories.

1 to DL Athena (BizBuzz) 8 to see if anyone wants to join a game play based lynch instead of a clue based one.

• Love 1

At the risk of calling people out, I will tell you, but the only thing is that I am saving you the trouble, because the answer is available to you just like it is to me:

Tmunz and Athena

While TMunz is by far our most dormant player, I thought you were going to include some others..  

Any particular reason you left quiet players SVNBob (last post: Thurs. night/2am) and CuriousParker (last post: Wed. night/7pm) off your list?  

Or maybe I know the reason? ;)

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

I know what you mean and you're also throwing shade at me by doing it. ;)

As someone who is not super active in general and who is busy during weekends and weekday 9-5 hours, I always get annoyed when I miss a lynch so I join in when I can.

I'm not throwing shade at you personally, throwing shade at ANY player that behaves in the way I described. If you happen to be one of them... Also, apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way so *shrug*

• Love 2

While TMunz is by far our most dormant player, I thought you were going to include some others..  

Any particular reason you left quiet players SVNBob (last post: Thurs. night/2am) and CuriousParker (last post: Wed. night/7pm) off your list?  

Or maybe I know the reason? ;)

When I accused Tmunz and Athena, at that point during both days, Tmunz had 1 post, and Athena, 2 ... Bob had 5 and CP had 5 ... so for both days, they didn't qualify.

ETA:  Also, I pretty much explained why I think CP is quiet today.  Who would want to contribute after what happened on Day 1?  ::giggle::

ETA 2:  I have a list Drogo, you want it?  

• Love 1

Hmm interesting development^, but one that makes me want to vote to DL CP less, not more...

Can you explain your thinking there? I don't understand. Was it that Athena popped in to vote when we hadn't heard from her? I'm willing to be convinced to change my vote here if it makes sense to BTW. 

• Love 2

Can you explain your thinking there? I don't understand. Was it that Athena popped in to vote when we hadn't heard from her? I'm willing to be convinced to change my vote here if it makes sense to BTW. 

Well, it's based on the whole silent players discussion that's happening... As soon as there is danger of one of them possibly being lynched, one pops up and joins an existing lynch...which is either at best; trying to get a lynch on someone else completed asap to void themselves being DL'd. (I note again, the theory of them only showing up to join a lynch or defend themselves is borne out.) Or at worst; having been contacted by their comrades that they need to get online and do something about it ASAP. 

Either way, it makes me uncomfortable with the CP lynch.

So to follow through on that train of thought:

1 to DL BizBuzz (Machiabelly) 8 to buy a Brown Coat

2 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm) 7 to evict the silent but deadly unhelpful, minority.

• Love 3

We've asked the Villains to trim the fat, and help us get rid of our least active players.  We have a clear winner for least active.  

So what exactly are we doing here?  And how do we expect Villains to stick with this deal if we don't?  

If we're doing what we set out to do, my vote today can only go one way, and that's with the player who hasn't posted since 4/21 and has never voted.  

1 to DL BizzBuzz (Machiabelly), 8 to buy a Brown Coat
5 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Jesse, Athena), 4 to finish what the Slayer started
2 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm), 7 to see if anyone wants to join a game play based lynch instead of a clue based one.

1 to DL TMunz (Drogo), 8 who don't want to listen to "The Sounds of Silence" on repeat

**Edited because Silver and I posted at the same time.

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

As the 50% participation has been reached with the current vote, we, the benevolent moderators of the game, are granting an extension. This will be 24 hour extension, to 11:10 pm ET Sunday evening, due to weekends and such. As always, if a DL is reached before that time, Night will begin immediately.

Resume your bickering and backstabbing! Have a nice day!

• Love 5

Well, it's based on the whole silent players discussion that's happening... As soon as there is danger of one of them possibly being lynched, one pops up and joins an existing lynch...which is either at best; trying to get a lynch on someone else completed asap to void themselves being DL'd. (I note again, the theory of them only showing up to join a lynch or defend themselves is borne out.) Or at worst; having been contacted by their comrades that they need to get online and do something about it ASAP. 

Either way, it makes me uncomfortable with the CP lynch.

It's moot to defend myself, but I will try. It really didn't occur to me that I would be lynched for being a quiet player. I am usually a quiet player here. I really joined so that I personally would not miss another lynch as I did the first day.

• Love 2

ETA 2:  I have a list Drogo, you want it?  

Thanks Biz, but I prefer to do my own recon when there are serial killers and villains floating around.  ;)   

So the TMunz/Athena argument is that they aren't contributing anything, so might as well be out of the game? Do I have that right?

That's the idea... there are four players who haven't contributed recently...  One in particular hasn't posted at all.  

Have to admit, it worries me that the DL wasn't started on that player.  

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

The way I figure, if being silent is an effective strategy (which Oinky pointed out - this is strategic and I hope no one's feelings are hurt) DLing lurkers is a valid countermeasure. It wouldn't be worth a damn if everybody piped up, so I figure it's worth a shot.

And look, it got us an extension for the heroic folks with busy weekends!

• Love 4

That's the idea... there are four players who haven't contributed recently...  One in particular hasn't posted at all.  

I don't mind joining either one (as I said they are all fair game imo), I joined the Athena one because of reasons given above, plus it was the only one started when I wrote my post; but I'll happily switch vote if the majority want to go with the TMunz lynch.

• Love 1

My question for you Drogo, now that we have been granted more than 24 hours ... if Tmunz comes back and posts, where does that put your "least" active player theory.

I think it is more telling that Athena came on right after I mentioned her name ... we have been talking about taking out the least active players for a while today, and she shows up as soon as I post the name?  That is one heck of a quinkydink.  

Tmunz still hasn't shown up, which in my eyes, means that she truly is busy, however, Athena ... well, you make the call.

And look, it got us an extension for the heroic folks with busy weekends!

Unfortunately, it puts the Day's new end during my "Game of Thrones" time.  This makes me very unhappy.  

• Love 2

I'm one who frequently goes quiet because of travel/work/mod duties/etc. I think I recently missed four lynches in a row! So I'm a little loathe to drum someone out based solely on that.

Then again, I hate to see someone leave the game early when they're actively participating. It's just more fun to play when more people are engaged.

• Love 3

I'm one who frequently goes quiet because of travel/work/mod duties/etc. I think I recently missed four lynches in a row! So I'm a little loathe to drum someone out based solely on that.

Then again, I hate to see someone leave the game early when they're actively participating. It's just more fun to play when more people are engaged.

Exactly PF, plus when you do post you do contribute to the discussion, it isn't simply when you are under suspicion or to join a lynch. That's the difference in my book.

• Love 3

Unfortunately, it puts the Day's new end during my "Game of Thrones" time.  This makes me very unhappy.  

Unless we can come to some sort of agreement before then?  What say you?

• Love 2

My question for you Drogo, now that we have been granted more than 24 hours ... if Tmunz comes back and posts, where does that put your "least" active player theory.

I think it is more telling that Athena came on right after I mentioned her name ... we have been talking about taking out the least active players for a while today, and she shows up as soon as I post the name?  That is one heck of a quinkydink.  

Tmunz still hasn't shown up, which in my eyes, means that she truly is busy, however, Athena ... well, you make the call.

If TMunz shows up now after a TMunz DL has already been started?  Very sketchy.  

If anyone shows up after a DL against them has been started?  Very sketchy.  

But according to PTV, your post and Athena's were both put up at 7:16pm ET.  So if your call is that Athena signed in and posted an entire paragraph in response to you naming her in under a minute then you give her a lot more credit than I do.* 

I'm all for DL'ing the inactives, and clearly I was measuring most recent whereas you were measuring total posts - but both of our lists had a clear #1 offender.  You didn't start a DL on that player... why?  

(*No offense, Athena.  And no guarantees that you won't end up on my radar in the future, but not today.)

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

Well, well, well!

I didn't think I'd be missed this much!  The story was posted at 11:09 pm EST (Thursday) which started the day.  I am in bed well before then.  I read the story before work on Friday morning, went to bed early Friday night and today I discovered Downton Abbey and got sucked in.  I still showed up in time to read the the thread and make my comments with more than 2 hours to spare.

I think it's fairly obvious who I am based on the Night 1 story.  I think I know who Biz is based on her comments and I believe her to be a hero.

MarkHB and Drogo are still on my list of suspects.

That being said I am going to follow Biz into the breach

1 to DL BizzBuzz (Machiabelly), 8 to buy a Brown Coat
5 to DL CuriousParker (Lisin, Photo Fox, Dougal, Jesse, Athena), 4 to finish what the Slayer started
3 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker), 6 to see if anyone wants to join a game play based lynch instead of a clue based one.
1 to DL TMunz (Drogo), 8 who don't want to listen to "The Sounds of Silence" on repeat

Tried once and it got et...To answer an earlier question I have seen all of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly. A handful of Dollhouse episodes and no Dr. Horrible. I do not always pick up on someone playing as their character...plus you can lie.

• Love 2

Drogo, you make a valid argument ... both are silent players, and as far as I am concerned, they are both valid choices.  

My choice was really more of a coin flip because of Athena showing up (sure, the discussion of non-players was going on for a while) and automatically joining a lynch.  It is a quinkydink that she posted right when I did ... but she posted and joined a lynch.  I am not quite sure how that is helpful to our endgame.  So I chose her because that made it suspect, and because she was there and convenient, and on my mind.  

I am, however, not focused on Athena ... I might be persuaded, like I said, I felt like either was a valid choice.

However, I am wondering why you are fighting so hard for Athena?

In any case, according to the proposed agreement with the villains, the other non-player is likely to be offed during the next night ... but only if they agree to the proposal.  Hmmmmm ... 

• Love 2
But according to PTV, your post and Athena's were both put up at 7:16pm ET.  So if your call is that Athena signed in and posted an entire paragraph in response to you naming her in under a minute then you give her a lot more credit than I do.*

^ I didn't post because you mentioned my name. I was already writing my post.

• Love 2

In any case, according to the proposed agreement with the villains, the other non-player is likely to be offed during the next night ... but only if they agree to the proposal. Hmmmmm ...

I honestly don't think we can count on the villains going along with it. When I was a villain, I definitely targeted the vocal players. It only makes sense, IMO, to get rid of the heroes who are actively working together to find clues. And they ARE villains, after all. Why would they keep their word?

That said, I don't think that changes anything for us heroes.

• Love 2

Wow, WTF ever happened to the "gentlemen's agreement that some of us thought was being hammered out to get rid of the deadwood? I guess we know now why that never worked in the past.

FWIW, I did a count before having dinner with m. caprice (and he thanks you for letting me get away that long), Spruce and Lady Calypso had posted three times each. TMunz, once. Athena has posted many times since then and I'm losing count of everyone else.

So, Biz, to answer the question you asked of Drogo, ONE FUCKING POST!!! Really? You're going to put much of ANYTHING in that?

Please, excuse my French. I'm a bit frustrated.

I asked if the mention of "coyotes" means anything to anyone and got no answer. Therefore, I have to go with my gut and attempt to eliminate someone who is contributing less than that. Honestly, I was ready to tie it to "Fox" but if nobody wants to talk about it....

1 to DL BizBuzz (Machiabelly), 8 to buy a Brown Coat
3 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker), 6 to see if anyone wants to join a game play based lynch instead of a clue based one.
2 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice), 7 who are ready to do some weeding

• Love 2

I honestly don't think we can count on the villains going along with it. When I was a villain, I definitely targeted the vocal players. It only makes sense, IMO, to get rid of the heroes who are actively working together to find clues. And they ARE villains, after all. Why would they keep their word?

That said, I don't think that changes anything for us heroes.

I agree with this. While I will concede that we, as heroes, can choose to use inactivity as part of how we come to a decision I'd hesitate to base my vote only on that when I have no real confidence that the villains would hold to that agreement. 

• Love 2

Drogo, you make a valid argument ... both are silent players, and as far as I am concerned, they are both valid choices.  

This I agree with.  These two and the other two I mentioned concern me for participation reasons.  Fair warning to the four that this isn't going unnoticed.  

I am, however, not focused on Athena ... I might be persuaded, like I said, I felt like either was a valid choice.

However, I am wondering why you are fighting so hard for Athena?

I don't fight for anyone, but I'm well known to vehemently defend my reasons for voting and try to help others see my train of thought.  I've never knowingly steered anyone to vote out a Hero in my play: even in the last game, when I was a Villain

I was fighting to DL Curious, since I've been saying repeatedly (and others are of the same opinion) that if Buffy wasn't a two-kill hero, there are no two-kill heroes.  Also, there's reason to believe CP is the SK, since Oinky/Buffy went after her and was killed that night.  I posted more on this a few hours ago.  And I'll probably get killed tonight for it, but there it is.  

However, if we're trying to strike a deal with villains based solely on participation, I think it's only right to DL the player with no participation whatsoever.  To go with one of the other three, for me at least, seems suspect- and doesn't bode well for the likelihood of what could be an unprecedented Hero/Villain deal.  

• Love 1