Type keyword(s) to search

Whedonverse Mafia

• Start Topic

I think we cross-posted Caprice ... check out my post if you can ... only because I can't with the Jesse clues, yet. 

Yes, LENNY KRAVITZ ... last night ... SAMMY HAGAR and PARAMOUR ... having fun!  But honestly, this is my daughters vacation, her and her best friend, they are having a ball!!!

• Love 2
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, a few of the "6,300 native plants" of California have Douglas in their name.

An equal number are Island Coral Bells, Canyon Coral Bells, or Hairy Purple Bells, which makes me think of Machiabelly – plus several varieties of umbellularia, which is known both as the California laurel and the Oregon myrtle.

There's also Canyon Silver, Silver Lining, Silver Carpet, and Silver Bush Lupine on this list.

Juniperus californica's initials sound a lot like JayKay.

Also,

The carnage had let the California native heal some of the mental wounds suffered at the hands of HYDRA.

If you look up medicinal plants native to California, "Oregon Grape" is one of them, which connects back to that wine....

The thing about these kinds of clues is that, if you allow big enough steps, you can connect anything to anyone....

• Love 1

Hmmm I thought we'd already established that because it's only part of my name it doesn't count? :p

Besides, we all know gameplay should be taken into account, not just clues alone....I think it's worthwhile to look back at what went down re lynches of villains & heroes so far, as regards those being put in the spotlight and not just voting but more importantly the posts leading up to the lynches.

• Love 2
(edited)
The carnage had let the California native heal some of the mental wounds suffered at the hands of HYDRA

Aren't these shows set in California?

*ETA your quote - I don't know why this would be a clue.

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

*ETA your quote - I don't know why this would be a clue.

Buffy was, Angel was based in LA. Don't know about the rest.

ETA Who knows what is or isn't a clue with TJ & stacey lol, now you mention it - if most of the shows are set in California, surely it makes it even stranger to point out that he is a 'California native'. 

• Love 2

I think we cross-posted Caprice ... check out my post if you can ... only because I can't with the Jesse clues, yet. 

That happens a lot. I did see your post, Biz, and we have time (I think) to find something good.

For the most part. But that doesn't mean that all the characters are from California. For example, Faith came to Sunnydale from Boston.

Annnd, my migraine is returning. I've got an icepack on my head and will try to keep an eye on things. I don't want to miss another lynch.

• Love 2

Okay, I see where I screwed up, but it's not intentional. I just have trouble sometimes quoting things on my phone. Here's the excerpt where I read "pine cone."

"Pinot noir (French: [pino nwaʁ]) is a red wine grape variety of the species Vitis vinifera. The name may also refer to wines created predominantly from Pinot noir grapes. The name is derived from the French words for pine and black; the pine alluding to the grape variety having tightly clustered, pine cone-shaped bunches of fruit."

And the link: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinot_noir

In any case, it's only another weak vaguely tree-related clue. I'm not about to go after Spruce with it.

• Love 2

My mistake, I thought you meant the word translated to pinecone.  Likewise, I'm not comfortable going after either Spruce or Dougal on tree-related clues.  Seems a little too lazy for these energetic moderators we got here. 

Anyone find anything else for historic Oregon? 

p.s.   Throwback for all the big kids out there:

oregon-trail-1985-video-games.png

• Love 1

Likewise, I'm not comfortable going after either Spruce or Dougal on tree-related clues.  Seems a little too lazy for these energetic moderators we got here. 

A couple of thoughts based on your comment here;

• I don't think we should dismiss anything offhand - the 'IS a god' clue for Athena seemed pretty obvious at the time but in hindsight it was good considering Athena was a villain and the 'clue' used to DL CP seemed very TJ-like, yet we now know it wasn't a clue at all because Lis confirmed CP is a hero.
  • I prefer to base my suspicions on gameplay that's backed up by a clue if possible, but the clue is the cherry on top rather than the whole dessert.
  • Love 1

So here is the thing ... I am about to head out for the night ... and we are all skirting the issue.  And even though we are not fully finished with the first day, we are definitely going into a bad time ... the weekend.

We haven't heard from three players so far toDay ... Curious Parker, Machiabelly and SVNBob ... I wasn't really ready to start anything on anyone until we heard from everyone, however, I don't know if that is going to happen.  I sure hope so ... please?

• Love 1

I understand why people might not trust me - you don't know me very well, I keep to myself a fair amount, etc. But I hope you belive me when I say I am working for the side of good, even if things don't always work out like we hoped they would.

• Love 1

I'm about to go see a movie in a bit. Please, please try to wait until tonight before you close a lynch if it's not a slam dunk of a lead. Please.

• Love 2

I have not re read enough to pick up any clues. I still like my BizzBuzz clues from earlier, but I can be a bit of a dog with a bone. This working for a living is ruining my game play.

• Love 1

JayKay, I definitely won't be starting anything. Just not that confident in myself, especially after I accidentally helped DL two heroes. :(

Don't worry, photo fox, I still believe in you. *hugs* :)

Personally, I find it highly suspicious that JayKay tried to paint a "Pinot Noir" reference to mean "pine cone".....

• Love 2

I have been right back to Day 2 and read all the posts up to now since then; it is fairly enlightening, having noted previously that Dougal seemed reluctant to DL Athena and made a good attempt at discrediting the person who started the first lynch against her (Biz), yet being very keen to join the CP 2nd lynch, now a possible clue has arisen against him, I thought I'd see what I could see and here are my findings with comments:

Just for the record, here was my power that time:

At the time I took this as helpful additional info, now I have to wonder if it was cleverly included to seduce us into thinking the anonymous voter was probably heroic...

We have a DL, folks. Game talk ceases. The game mods will be back at some point. Commence drinking.

2 to DL CuriousParker (Jesse, Machiabelly), 7 to commit Ballarcide
7 to DL Athena (BizBuzz, SilverStormm, CuriousParker, MarkHB, Lady Calypso, TMunz, Lisin), 3 to commit deicide
10 to DL TMunz (Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc, Spruce, Dougal, ANONYMOUS), 0 to commit Munzicide

Look at these lynch votes; I know for a fact 6 of us on the Athena lynch are/were heroes and the other 1 Lady Calypso I believe to be a hero. So it logically follows that most (CP's lynch only had 2 people left on it) of the villain team were on the TMunz lynch, we know for a fact that egavasc and Athena were villains now. Lisin vouched for caprice so that narrows it down further to Drogo, JayKay, SVNbob, Photo Fox, Spruce and Dougal. I believe based on gameplay that Spruce is likely a hero and as he is trusting of PF I will believe that she is too. If we then bring in Jesse & Machiabelly from the CP lynch above, we have: Drogo, JayKay, SVNBob, Dougal, Jesse & Machiabelly, the remaining villains are amongst this group. I know this is only my thoughts but they are logical and shouldn't be easily dismissed. Now from that remaining list, if we look carefully at the previous gameplay of a few of these, it is easier to determine who is playing a shady game and who isn't...

I am so glad Day came before I made a somewhat tasteless joke....

TMunz barely said anything, let alone anything about clues.. That's kinda why we DL'd her. Well, at least, that's why I was in on it.  Some people on that DL had another reason to do so.

So let's look at the DLs.  Specifically the two voting blocs for the deceased, except for V.  The blocs in question in order by day are:

• Oinky Boinky, Drogo, Jesse, Dougal, Lisin, Spruce, egavasc, SilverStormm, photo fox.
  • Drogo, caprice, JayKay, SVNBob, photo fox, Athena, egavasc, Spruce, Dougal

With a starting pool of 19, a team of 5 Villains sounds about right. That's close to the classic 3 to 1 ratio for a game.  And looking at both these lists, I see 5 names in common: Drogo, Spruce, egavasc, Dougal, and photo fox. 

But is this the Villain team?  Probably not all 5.  I'd expect them to be smarter than to all vote on the same side of the first 2 DLs.  But some of them likely are.

I do also have another suspect in mind, but I want to hold off on that one.  My current evidence is incomplete, so I need to wait to see if they do something else to add to it.  I'll admit it also could just be paranoia on my part, and I don't want to get a Hero DL'd because of that.  I will only say that they are one of the 11 people (other than Oinky and myself) that are listed above.

This post leads me to believe that SVNBob is most likely heroic, he may have been looking for anon but he pinpointed a few players who are also in the suspect list above.

How do the villains benefit if the day is dragged out? Not trying to be suspicious, I just don't see how it benefits them to have stuff take longer.

We know Dougal is a very clever guy, yet here he cannot work out why the Day dragging on is more in the villains favour and needed it explained to him....c'mon!

Okay, I went back and spent some quality time with the advanced search tool. Let's go through each game that's been on the site.

1. TJ's canceled-shows game. Neither BizBuzz nor Athena played.

2. The mod formerly known as jessied112's Vampire Diaries/Supernatural game. BizBuzz went after Athena this time, with her initial clue being that there's one story that the goddess Athena brought the olive tree to the Greeks, and there was a mention of wood or something in the story. Okay. We didn't get a clues recap that round so I don't know if that was actually the clue, but I'm pretty skeptical.

Athena did end up being a villain-recruited-to-be-a-hero in that game (which, by the way, that was weird, I don't know how that worked), but I'm not convinced that Biz had any real evidence for thinking so.

3. Mark/Lisin's DC game. Both Biz and Athena were heroes. This happened, where "you" is Athena:
This time was because Biz was part of a mason pair, and Athena was as well, and Biz picked up on Athena and Bob being able to talk to each other and assumed that was because they were both villains. So this was actually a reasonable conclusion to draw based on assuming there would only be one mason pair – I didn't remember that nuance from the first time, so I just remembered it as an accusation that ended up being wrong, but in retrospect it was pretty reasonable.

4. Then-jessie's Community LOL-ish round. BizBuzz was killed early.

5. caprevasc's Mad Men round. Biz and Athena were both villains.

6. egavasc/Silver's GoT round. Biz was Littlefinger, Athena was Arya:

So, not going after her at all.

7. Now. BizBuzz says "let's kill the people who haven't posted much" and then starts a DL on the person who's posted relatively little but by no means the least, who I remember her going against in the past with seemingly little evidence.

So, it seemed like a pattern to me. Looking back, though, she was right once but I'm not convinced for the right reasons, and wrong once for decent reasons – so it's not like it's that telling a pattern.

This is a confusing mess of a post that I believe is meant to muddy Biz's motivations, even in the last sentence where he is conceding he was wrong, he still besmirches her. (bolded part).

Yeah, if there's no DL it's okay for the villains. It's much better for them if we rush into a DL of a hero. (...oops) Best case for us is taking enough time to figure out who the villains are and getting them. :)

What did you mean here? Was quoting Jesse and saying JayKay intentional, or did you mean to say Jesse, or did you mean to reply to JayKay?

I think Boyd saying that Glory thinks she's a god is just that Boyd doesn't believe she actually is, because the Dollhouse universe doesn't have gods walking on earth (right?), even though we Buffy watchers know that she actually is one.

Bolded part; this comes across as playing with us and logic; a delaying tactic (which doesn't help the villains does it lol), in the hopes one of the poor schmuck heroes will find a clue that isn't a clue and then the villains can jump in and say "oh yes, good call!" and so begins the lynch of a hero vs a villain - Tmunz Vs Athena anyone?

Now that I'm less worried about Biz's motivations, I'm down.

2 to DL Athena (Silverstormm, Dougal); 7 to try this again

Why should Dougal have been worried about 'Biz's motivations' in the first place, he has his own mind and as a hero you join or don't join a lynch based on any number of things? What she did or didn't do in previous games WRT Athena has ZERO bearing on this game. Plainly he had to find a "plausible" reason to join a lynch he'd previously been against doing...

Since photo fox posted this, I have thought it a very curious thing to say, which leads me to believe that she isn't villainous at all, but has a friend in the game she is most attached too, and I think I know who that is.

I am now removing her from my suspect list, and placing someone else ... Dougal ... and I tell you why ... going over past stories, night and day, there was this in Day 4:

If you Google that bolded phrase, one of the links is this.  Under "Other Conifers" we find this:

Under "Sunny Habitats" there is this:

Now, I know Dougal will come back with "we have already discussed" blah blah blah, but this is a TJ/Stacey game, and he has done it before using Douglas for Dougal.  So ... alls I am saying is that it's worth discussion.

Don't mess with someone on a warpath of revenge.

Allow me to add to this; villains RARELY start a lynch or even throw any heavy shade at anyone for 2 reasons:

1. They know if they do so and the player is lynched and revealed to be a hero, they are going to look guilty - villains are VERY paranoid folks - any of you who have been a villain will know this.
  2. They aren't going to start a lynch on one of their own (unless the writing is already on the wall; example: stacey in the Mad Men round against writingdreamer). 

On occasion they will throw out little 'seeds of doubt' about someone and wait for a hero to pick it up and run with it rather than do the 'dirty' work themselves, that way the finger of suspicion points at the DL starter and not them. However, there are always exceptions to the rule (see the stacey example) which the TMunz lynch was because she was being voted out as a silent player rather than on her alignment, therefore, no matter WHO started that lynch, it wasn't going to cause major issues as we all knew it was a 50/50 chance she could be a hero.

Finally, I would ask that you let this all speak for itself rather than take my word; go back and read the posts of the *suspects listed below, ask yourself, who has delayed or seemed reluctant to join the villain lynches of Athena (for whatever reason), who has not pointed at finger of suspicion at a villain or more importantly for that matter, a hero? I don't necessarily include Day or Night 1 because all the heroes were flying blind at that stage. 

I feel confident enough to take the initiative and put my money where my mouth is, especially now a clue has been found against Dougal and I for one believe him to be a villain:

1 to DL Dougal (Silverstormm) 7 to Save The Day

*Suspect List: Drogo, JayKay, Dougal, Jesse & Machiabelly

ETA If I die tonight you will know why! ;)

• Love 1

I'm for that.  Count me in.

2 to DL Dougal (Silverstormm, CuriousParker) 6 to Save The Day

(edited)

Since I am on the "suspect list" along with a few other heroes, I think I'll go a different way.

3 to DL Dougal (Silverstormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso) 6 to follow the leader

1 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo), 7 to make their own decisions

In case Silver's suspect list accidentally disappears, here you all are:

*Suspect List: Drogo, JayKay, Dougal, Jesse & Machiabelly

Edited by Drogo

Drogo, do you need a ladder to help get you out of the hole you're digging for yourself?  ;)

Drogo, do you need a ladder to help get you out of the hole you're digging for yourself? ;)

I prefer to vote by my own opinion instead of others' opinions.. and if I die for it, so be it.

Keep in mind CP, you're voting with folks who ignored your clues and your plea to extend the (yester)Day. That's half the reason I started digging my hole- because they shush'd you.

(edited)

Aw, thanks for looking out for me!

And on that note….

Adding Biz's vote as requested.

4 to DL Dougal (Silverstormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz) 4 to follow the leader
1 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo), 7 to make their own decisions

Edited by Guest
Because The DL Numbers Were Wrong!

4 to DL Dougal (Silverstormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz) 3 to Save The Day
1 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo), 6 to make an illogical decision based on no evidence 

Updated numbers thanks to stacey.

• Love 1

Math was never my strong suit.

4 to DL Dougal (Silverstormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz) 3 to follow the leader

1 to DL SilverStormm (Drogo), 6 to make their own decisions

(edited)

A few things. First, Silver, your long-ass post hurt my poor head.

Second, y'all suck at math. We have 13 living players, so any lynch will require only seven votes.

Third, I can't really place any clues to this, but there's just something....

4 Dougal (SilverStormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz) 3 to follow the leader.

1 SilverStormm (Drogo) 6 to make their own decisions.

1 Drogo (caprice) 6 to see what's behind the curtain.

Thanks, stacey!

Edited by caprice
  • Love 2

A few things. First, Silver, your long-ass post hurt my poor head.

Second, y'all suck at math. We have 13 living players, so any lynch will require only seven votes.

Third, I can't really place any clues to this, but there's just something....

4 Dougal (SilverStormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz) 3 to follow the leader.

Thanks, stacey!

Et tu, caprice?

My first DL attempt... It hurts most coming from you. :'(

Well, Dougal was near the top of my own suspect list, so....

5 Dougal (SilverStormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz, Spruce) 2 to follow the logic.

1 SilverStormm (Drogo) 6 to vote for one guy's petty reason.

1 Drogo (caprice) 6 to go in a different direction for... some reason that escapes me at the moment.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am a hero and I started a lynch which you said means I am not a villian. I started a lynch on BizzBuzz on clues I found. Which may not be clues, but throw shade I did. That being said, I like a lot of your other thoughts.

6 Dougal (SilverStormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz, Machiabelly) 1 to realize that sometimes the leader is right.

Edited only because 1 person voted at the same time i did

Edited by Machiabelly
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am a hero and I started a lynch which you said means I am not a villian. I started a lynch on BizzBuzz on clues I found. Which may not be clues, but throw shade I did. That being said, I like a lot of your other thoughts.

6 Dougal (SilverStormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz, Machiabelly) 1 to realize that sometimes the leader is right.

Edited only because 1 person voted at the same time i did

I never claimed to be perfect. There are always exceptions, however, the logic is sound.

FYI, Drogo I wouldn't remove my list, why would I?? I want people to see it. We all have the ability to edit our own posts; if I wanted to be underhanded, as a mod we can edit but not have it show we did...any post I edit in here, show's it was edited.

Edited by SilverStormm
LOOK I JUST EDITED OUT AN ! I MUST BE A VILLAIN...
  • Love 1

I'm back! And I see I've unnerved Spruce. I wasn't trying to. I don't think you're evil. I got on my computer to post this because I've been being lazy and using my phone all game, and it finally cost me. Not being suspicious, I just quoted wiki from memory instead of going through the trouble of doing it right, and posting the direct quote. Please, no one try to DL Spruce because of my stupid tree clue that I don't even take seriously.

I love all of the work SS did. Even though I'm a suspect. I don't know if Dougal is evil. But I believe the evidence. And I've been wondering why he went so hard at BizBuzz, who has never made me question her Heroism all game, even though I had no real reason to take it for granted. I've also noticed that he's coming after me now that our Investigator has been eliminated. In any case, I expect this will be my last post of the game. I'm dangerous to the Heroes if they can't trust me. So, on that note:

Coyote - Wile E. Coyote - Wily - Calypso

"Go, devil" - Go-Devil - Sled - Bobsled

Neanderthal - Savage - CSAVAGE

Good luck, heroes.

7 Dougal (SilverStormm, CuriousParker, Lady Calypso, BizBuzz, Spruce, Machiabelly, JayKay) 0 to give up the ghost in the machine

• Love 2

Man, I go and watch Avengers to keep with the Whedon theme, and in the meantime I get accused of making confusing messes of posts and slaughtered. Rough.

• Love 1

If it helps Dougal, I think you're one of the good guys. You'll always be Barbecue Tyrion to me.

A drink for the blackened imp, Barkeep!

• Love 2

Man, I go and watch Avengers to keep with the Whedon theme, and in the meantime I get accused of making confusing messes of posts and slaughtered. Rough.

Hey, that's what I saw, too! :D I have conflicting feelings about it that I'll have to work out in the MCU thread.
  • Love 4

I saw it last night and loved it! Also *boooooo I'm spooooooookey I'm a ghoooooost!* (sorry, I will never be as funny as I was last time.)

• Love 6

Man, a second DL that y'all barreled through while I was asleep?  Another reason working nights isn't all that great.

It might be for the best though, as y'all took out one Villain without me.  Let's hope lightning strikes twice.

As it is Dusk/Night, I'm not going to defend myself from the accusations that recently popped up against me.  That can (hopefully) wait until Day.

• Love 2

I was away all last night and probably will be today and tomorrow (one of my roommates is hosting a LOTR marathon, which as you might guess is quite lengthy). So the story may be written...late tonight? Late Sunday? Not sure. Everyone just go see Age of Ultron and enjoy your weekend ;-)

• Love 4

Drogo was right ... nights are boring ...

I am headed out to the 4th day of Sunfest ... last night we saw a girl by the name of Bea Miller and also Lindsey Stirling, both great for their genres. Tonight is Hozier ...

I won a drink last night, and I tried something new ... Grapefruit Rum ... very nice ... so with that, when night officially falls, DRINKS ON THE HOUSE!

• Love 1

HOZIER!! I love Hozier!

The grapefruit rum sounds interesting. My local pub recently had a summer cocktail contest for their bartenders, and the Captain's new flavors figured largely in that. I'm looking forward to tasting some of the new concoctions.

• Love 2