Type keyword(s) to search

Magical Musical Mafia

• Start Topic

Well, since it is just a Prologue, we can open signups with this...

Magical Musical Mafia!

Prologue: It's A Nice Day To Start Again

Somewhere in Maine

The sedan cruised up the highway, Billy Idol playing from the oldies radio station. The blonde in the passenger seat was staring idly out the window. All of the events that she had been through weighed heavily on her mind. And here she was, out to save the world again. She finally snapped out of it when her friend piped up from the back seat.

“Buffy?” The elder Summers turned back to regard Xander. “What is it Xander?” “Don’t worry too much,” the boy said quietly. “We’ll all be okay. We’re not gonna have another Spike…” “Or Anya” chimed in Dawn from his right. Xander’s remaining eye twitched in pain and regret. Immediately realizing she shouldn’t have said that, Dawn bowed her head and muttered “Sorry.”

Heaving a sigh, Buffy said “I know. We just need to be prepared for anything. There’s no telling why this new Hellmouth opened.” “And there’s a strong magical presence there,” added Willow, who was tracing shapes in the air with fire generated from her fingertips. A stern British voice admonished her from the driver’s seat. “Is that necessary, Willow?” Giles asked in a hard voice. Willow clenched her first, extinguishing the flames. She went to protest, but upon seeing the look in Giles’ eye, she thought better of it. He’d already had to beat her magically once for abusing spells. For now he just said “We’re almost there anyway.”

Buffy squinted hard up the road. “I don’t see anything though…” The town should have been right there, the town mysteriously called-

Storybrooke, Maine

Snow White, Prince Charming, Mr. Gold, Belle French, Emma Swan, Captain Hook, Regina Mills, and Zelena all met in the woods outside of town. “Anything?” asked Emma anxiously. Everyone shook their heads. “She’s probably holed up somewhere, protected magically,” seethed Mr. Gold. His fist quivering at his side, the former Rumpelstiltskin revealed a little bit of that famous rage. Belle put her arm reassuringly on her husband’s. “We’ll find The Black Fairy,” she said, her voice full of hope, “and our son.”

“Gideon is just as formidable magically as her,” Gold responded, “so we’ll have to have our wits about us.” He looked over the assembled crowd. “Are you all prepared to do what needs to be done?” One by one, each person nodded their agreement. Snow, Charming, and Emma all had worried looks on their faces when they did. Hook had a cool look that immediately became more sympathetic when Emma glared at him. Regina was somewhere in the middle, while her half-sister Zelena seemed almost eager. It wasn’t surprising that the former Wicked Witch of the West was the least concerned with taking life.

In fact, she was about to say something about looking forward to it when Regina suddenly lashed her hand out, steadying herself on Zelena. The witch said “Woah, sis. What is it?” Regina’s eyes narrowed as she silently worked some magic. “The barrier around the town...she’s doing something to it.” The Charmings once again looked worriedly at each other. Just what they needed, another something wicked coming this way.

At the town line

The 5 Scoobies stood on the desolate road. “It should be right there,” repeated Giles. Xander and Dawn said nothing. There clearly was no town there, but they didn’t need to point that out. Buffy turned to Willow, who was already muttering in Latin under her breath. A blackness filled her eyes. Wary, Buffy took a step back at the same time that Giles took a step forward. He went into his stern voice again as he said “Willow-”

Suddenly, the air seemed to ripple before them. As if a curtain was being lifted, new sights were coming into view. There WAS a town off in the distance now. Gritting her teeth, Willow said “Back in the car. I can’t hold it long.” Everyone did as she said, quickly piling back in. The car lurched forward across the town line. Once they were inside, Willow dropped the entryway with a pained gasp. “That was strong” she commented, putting her head into her hand. Dawn rubbed her back as the others looked ahead to wonder what awaited them here…

Depending on how many people sign up, I might bring in some more musical shows. But we needed a little blonde ambition...

CgHkGS3WcAEbYRR.jpg

:D

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, TJtrack99 said:

The sedan cruised up the highway, Billy Idol playing from the oldies radio station. The blonde in the passenger seat was staring idly out the window. All of the events that she had been through weighed heavily on her mind. And here she was, out to save the world again. She finally snapped out of it when her friend piped up from the back seat.

*Delurks*

What the what? Is that what the kids these days consider Billy Idol...oldies? Retro, maybe, or if you want to, the far off possibility of calling it classic rock, but oldies?  

*Takes my ancient ass back to lurking, grumbling about kids these days...*

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

*Delurks*

What the what? Is that what the kids these days consider Billy Idol...oldies? Retro, maybe, or if you want to, the far off possibility of calling it classic rock, but oldies?  

*Takes my ancient ass back to lurking, grumbling about kids these days...*

Oldies, classic rock, close enough ;) I was going for something that you guys might think Emma chose (Storybrooke listens to a LOT of old stuff in my headcanon), but was actually chosen by Giles.

Also, if you want some prep on the singing voices of the OUAT crew, here's a playlist: 

( If it's not working, try just the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3DtEh0zkMKQOz_wlnumJKCrlEzSjfuVn )

What do you think, @Spaceman Spiff, want to play? I could use more people if y'all want to recruit! :)

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

Oldies, classic rock, close enough ;) I was going for something that you guys might think Emma chose (Storybrooke listens to a LOT of old stuff in my headcanon), but was actually chosen by Giles.

Remember, @TJtrack99, some of us still have a difficult time imagining the stuff we listened to in high school and college as being "old," no matter how well it stands up to time. Well, some of it anyway....

Yes, @Spaceman Spiff, come play! Most of us are, erm, between the Boomers and Millenials. ;)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, caprice said:

Remember, @TJtrack99, some of us still have a difficult time imagining the stuff we listened to in high school and college as being "old," no matter how well it stands up to time. Well, some of it anyway....

Yes, @Spaceman Spiff, come play! Most of us are, erm, between the Boomers and Millenials. ;)

Yea, oldies to me is Elvis, Buddy Holly, The Everly Brothers. Classic rock is Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Stones. Billy (anything 80's) is retro to me. 

I can give playing the game a shot. My worry is my participation. 1) as a newbie and 2) timewise. I can only peruse the forums at work during the day. Posting is limited to brief mornings (mostly) or weekends, with evening being iffy (maybe more evening if I am actively playing but I couldn't guarantee) and I wouldn't want to disappoint.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yea, oldies to me is Elvis, Buddy Holly, The Everly Brothers. Classic rock is Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Stones. Billy (anything 80's) is retro to me. 

I can give playing the game a shot. My worry is my participation. 1) as a newbie and 2) timewise. I can only peruse the forums at work during the day. Posting is limited to brief mornings (mostly) or weekends, with evening being iffy (maybe more evening if I am actively playing but I couldn't guarantee) and I wouldn't want to disappoint.

Great. Now I have to surf that video site and soak up some of those gorgeous harmonies the Everlys used to produce. I do believe we're about the same generation!

Don't worry about timing, Spiff. We're in all sorts of time zones and a couple of us work odd hours. Generally, we all try to post at least once a Day (as opposed to a regular 24-hour day). We're also really nice to newbies. :D

If you decide you'd rather not play, you're still welcome to join us during Night for drinks and general BS.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is that a yes? Finalizing characters soon. 

Also, given all the artists you named, I'm glad to know I have similar music taste to Spaceman Spiff ;)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, caprice said:

Great. Now I have to surf that video site and soak up some of those gorgeous harmonies the Everlys used to produce.

Find the stuff they did in the 80's (they produced two albums then, EB 84 and one other); it's as great as the really old stuff was!

Classic Rock: defined as any radio station that stopped updating their playlist the day before Nirvana dropped Nevermind.

• Love 4

Oh crap, you guys. I wasn't paying attention to the timing of things, and I'm about to go on vacation for two weeks, and will barely be able to be on here at all. Is there anyone else who was interested in playing who can take over my role?

I almost forgot about this! Got my PM.

@Jesse, are you going to be without internet? I'm going away for a couple weeks on Wednesday, but I know I'll be able to play though I might not be as vocal as normal. Mom's going to take time off while I'm back.

Got mine! I'm starting a new job on Wednesday (yay) so I may be a little less active on Wednesday and Thursday but will definitely be around in the evenings and probably at least some during the work day. Just for full disclosure and all ;).

• Love 1
11 hours ago, caprice said:

@Jesse, are you going to be without internet? I'm going away for a couple weeks on Wednesday, but I know I'll be able to play though I might not be as vocal as normal.

I'll have internet at the hotel, but will mostly be out and about! If no one else wants to play, I will see what I can do, and beg forgiveness for not being around much.

Congrats, Lisin!

• Love 2

*orchestra warms up*

Day 1: The Magical Mystery Tour
The Scooby gang
Inside the magical town, dusk

Giles slowly cruised the streets of the town under the magical dome. “A strange place” he muttered to himself, watching a bespectacled man with an umbrella and walking a Dalmatian cross the street. Xander was observing a group of seven shorter men marching down the other side of the street. They seemed to be headed for the mines. “You can say that again” Xander replied to the former Watcher.

“Maybe we should find a place to stay?” Buffy inquired. Giles nodded, turning onto a side street. He spotted an inn near a diner and pulled in there. “Granny’s?” He was unable to keep the skepticism out of his voice as the group walked inside. There, an older woman bustled out of the back, only to react in surprise at the group. “Hello dears...can I help you?”

Giles forked over a credit card. “We’re out of towners” he explained (Buffy noticed the woman’s eyes widen even more), “and need lodging for….a while.” They didn’t know how long it would take to close the Hellmouth, after all. The one in Sunnydale had destroyed most of the town. Who knew what would happen here?

While the group discussed arrangements, Willow had wandered over to a framed picture further down the desk. It was of a beautiful brunette with a toothy smile. What had caught Willow’s attention, though, was the red cloak she was wearing. “Granny...red….” The wheels turned in her head as she tried to make sense of all this. “Wait a second-”

Emma Swan and family
The clock tower in town

The minute hand clicked over to 8:23. Mr. Gold reopened his eyes, ending his concentration. “It was some kind of portal opening. To cross dimensions.” Emma practically rolled her eyes. “Aren’t there like a zillion ways to do that?” “Yes,” the older man replied, “but whatever came through is still here and exerting some kind of magical influence…”

“Great, another disaster for this town.” David Nolan (formerly “Prince Charming”) put his hands on his hips and shook his head. “I see a bad moon rising,” he added, suddenly breaking into song as the sound of guitars started from seemingly everywhere. 

I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise.

His family looking at him like he was insane, David said “What???” “Dad, why are you singing??” Emma was quite confused where that had come from. She knew her parents were fairy tale characters, and their Disney counterparts loved singing, but they had never done so before! Mary Margaret (formerly Snow White) suddenly cut in.

“I hear hurricanes a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear rivers over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
Don't go 'round tonight
There's a bad moon on the rise”

“What is going on!?” Emma screamed, before suddenly feeling an overwhelming urge to join in. The others must have felt it too, as they all suddenly started together:

“I hope you got your things together
I hope you are quite prepared to die
Look's like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye
Oh don't go 'round tonight
There's a bad moon on the rise
There's a bad moon on the rise”

The guitars stopped playing to the sound of David’s cell phone ringing. He answered it and briefly talked to Granny. Hanging up, he said “New problem: out-of-towners.” Regina looked startled. “How did they get in?” “Must have been when you felt them messing with the barrier earlier,” David replied. “Granny sent their info to the sheriff’s station, let’s go see who they are.”

Zelena looked at everyone with her mouth agape. “But why were we just SINGING???”

At Granny’s Inn

A loud scream echoed down the hall. Buffy realized it was Dawn and took off running. The Scoobies all thundered into her room and saw just why Dawn was screaming - sitting on her bed was a well-dressed demon. “Hello again” he said with a wink at the group. “Sweet!” Buffy yelled his name in rage. “What are you doing here!?”

The demon eyed her with malevolence. “There’s a dark presence here. Opened a crossing, let me spread my...influence here. Already gave them something to sing about,” he concluded, smirking at Buffy. The Slayer just glared at him, arms folded. “We’re not going to let you.” Sweet simply snapped his fingers. And before they knew it, the Scoobies all started dancing. Buffy sang:

“What a feeling
Bein's believin'
I can have it all
Now I'm dancing for my life”

Buffy felt herself starting to heat up, headed toward combustion. Then a loud crack split the air, and suddenly the desire to dance was gone. Everyone immediately ceased moving as Sweet nervously looked around. “I’ll be seeing you later.” He disappeared in a flash of fire. The Scoobies were all wondering what had happened when suddenly a nun walked into the room. “It seems I won’t be able to fully counter his spell.” She smiled benevolently. “You might still have to sing. But it won’t make you burst into flames any more.”

“Well thank you” said Giles warmly, “Sister...uh…?” “Blue,” the woman replied, before continuing “And I’m not as much of a sister as I am...a fairy.” And that was just about enough for Willow. “The Blue Fairy? Really?” With a wry laugh, she asked “What is this place, exactly?” Blue took a long, deep breath. “It’s a long story. Once upon a time, in a place called the Enchanted Forest…”

Still Singing:
1. Drogo
2. The Crazed Spruce
3. MarkHB
4. aquarian1
5. Lisin
6. egavasc
7. Jesse
8. MuuMuuChainsmoker
9. saoirse
10. caprice
11. Spaceman Spiff

Time limit of 36 hours for Day, so it will end at about 10 PM Eastern on Thursday. There was 1 clue in the story. And like in my Glee round from way back when, the songs are chosen for thematic reasons, they (nor the artists, etc.) will not be the clue. You're welcome to hint and imply who you are, just no copying/pasting your character PM to prove it, as usual.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm also gonna go distract myself with pictures of Meghan Ory. Small wonder Willow would notice a possibly-bisexual female werewolf, eh? Looking like this doesn't hurt:

tumblr_mbson1M8hq1riwlpco1_500.gif

• Love 2

I know I'm a bit of an ugly duckling when it comes to finding clues, but 8:23 seems kinda clueish to me....

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

I just got sad thinking Glory might be in this game and I'm not her.

Oh, we're all sad about that.... :(

• Love 2
2 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I know I'm a bit of an ugly duckling when it comes to finding clues, but 8:23 seems kinda clueish to me....

Romans 8:23

Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.

John 8:23

But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Matthew 8:23

And when he got into the boat, his disciples followed him.

Well that was useless.

I watch Buffy

I don't watch Once Upon A Time. But I am assuming the town is under a magical dome, Roger would be walking just 1 of his 101 dalmatians, the 7 dwarves would be heading to the mine, it has a diner/inn named Granny's and it has a clock tower and therefor these would not be clues...?

3 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Oh, we're all sad about that.... :(

This looked clue worthy, but I have no clue what that clue is.

I also thought this might be something.

*orchestra warms up*  which most people consider *white noise* but that didn't point to anyone. Then there is this.

Day 1: The Magical Mystery Tour

The Film plot reads "The situation is that of a group of people on a British mystery tour[4] in a 1967 coach, focusing mostly on Mr Richard Starkey (Ringo Starr) and his recently widowed Aunt Jessie (Jessie Robins)." That's Jessie playing Jessie, so Jesse (no i just like in team, which means not a team player, not team hero)

And then this. "Then a loud crack split the air, and suddenly the desire to dance was gone." Split is the name of a Chainsmokers song. So MMCS

That one is a bit weak, but, it's all I came up with.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And then this. "Then a loud crack split the air, and suddenly the desire to dance was gone." Split is the name of a Chainsmokers song. So MMCS

That one is a bit weak, but, it's all I came up with.

As a person who has used the Chainsmokers as a clue for MMCS before, I like where your head is at. But I'm not sure about it as a clue. Not that I have anything better to offer.

• Love 1

Those goddamn Chainsmokers really stick in my craw.  :P    Now I know how Spruce must feel about trees.  

I know Buffy, but not OUAT.  Is the Blue Fairy actually a Sister or is that a clue? 

Edited to say: Google is my friend.  I see that the Blue Fairy is the Mother Superior in Storybrooke. 

• Love 2

8:23 are numbers associated with the show Lost, which the EPs on OUAT were on before this show. The clock on OUAT is stuck on 8:15, and subtracting those two numbers give us :08 or 8. And if you turn that upside down, it gives you...8.

Shit. I got nothing. But these are the 'Lost lottery numbers' - 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42

• Love 1
11 hours ago, saoirse said:

8:23 are numbers associated with the show Lost, which the EPs on OUAT were on before this show. The clock on OUAT is stuck on 8:15, and subtracting those two numbers give us :08 or 8. And if you turn that upside down, it gives you...8.

Shit. I got nothing. But these are the 'Lost lottery numbers' - 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42

*throwing side-eye* If our dear mod were to go down that particular rabbit hole, I would be required to fly back, get my car, drive further east, and run him down.

Other than that, I've got nothing. I'm ready to talk over things that people think they see.

• Love 1

Boy, we're a chatty group and time is ticking.  <7 hours left.  So... based on "bespectacled" ...

1 to DL Spaceman Spiff (aquarian1), 5 (is that right?  I really don't know.) to make something happen.

Someone convince me I'm wrong.  It'll be easy, really.  I just really hate doing nothing.

• Love 1

I am a hero, even my avatar is heroic, come on, and he is not wearing spectacles, he is wearing a space age polymer visor to protect his eyes when he fires his laser weapon.

1 to DL Jesse (Spaceman Spiff), 5 to let Jesse enjoy a lil vaca time, and nab a villain.

1 to DL Spaceman Spiff (aquarian1), 5 (is that right?  I really don't know.) to make something happen.

• Love 1