Type keyword(s) to search

Magical Musical Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

If you've got some of that I may be visiting Maine again this summer.

I don't, I'm afraid.  I have friends that have tried some of theirs (not sure if they've gotten to try the 23-year version) but I don't have anything fancier than Woodford's Reserve.  But you're still welcome to visit Maine!

On July 3, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Hanged Man said:

If you've got some of that I may be visiting Maine again this summer.

On July 3, 2017 at 9:21 AM, MarkHB said:

I don't, I'm afraid.  I have friends that have tried some of theirs (not sure if they've gotten to try the 23-year version) but I don't have anything fancier than Woodford's Reserve.  But you're still welcome to visit Maine!

I have to say that it wouldn't take a super expensive bourbon for me to visit Maine. I do want to get further up the coast than Manhattan, so if I knew the both of you were going to be around, I could be persuaded.

In the meantime, how about some "red, white and blue" Jell-O shots!

• Love 2
(edited)

quote-Mark-Twain-the-reports-of-my-death

Just got back from vacation. Headed to bed before too long.

Probably looking to write that Night story tomorrow, and then you'll have time for Night actions. Some of you have gotten them in already, for which I thank you. If you want to wait for the Night story, by all means! I've already got the songs and plotty things worked out. I think.

Edited by TJtrack99
Picture
  • Love 1

Night 3 - The Way Is Shut

“Hold on!!!!” a stern female voice yelled. Everyone froze as Willow suddenly appeared. She eyed Rumpelstiltskin with malevolence. “I know what you’ve been up to” she whispered. His eyes widened slightly. He didn’t want her to ruin his plans. But then she started singing.

“Be careful making wishes in the - dark dark
Can't be sure when they've hit their - mark, mark
And besides in the mean, mean time, I’m
Just dreaming of tearing you apart
I'm in the de-details with the - devil
So now the world can never get me on my - level
I just got to get you out the cage
I'm a young lover's rage
Gonna need a spark to ignite
My songs know what you did in the dark”

And she started throwing fireballs at him, which he deftly dodged. Willow sang all during her attack:
“So light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
I'm on fire!
So light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
I'm on fire!”

Everyone behind her chorused “(Ohhhh) In the dark dark. (Ohhhh) In the dark dark” as Rumpel recalled just what he’d been doing.

A few hours earlier

Dawn sat weeping in her room. With her sister gone, she didn’t know what to do. Out of nowhere, the Dark One appeared before her. “Hello child,” he sneered, grabbing her and forcing her to her feet. She sniffled but didn’t move to run or fight. “I need you in order to close the portal” he explained, brandishing his Dark One dagger. Again, Dawn didn’t react.

Rumpelstiltskin leaned in closer. “So that means I’m gonna have to kill ya. You see, the portal needs a lock on it, and-” Dawn cut him off by softly saying “It’s easier to modify an existing Key than to create one...yeah.” Impressed, Rumpelstiltskin looked at the young girl. “I’ve thought about it, ever since Buffy….” But she couldn’t bring herself to say it. It was hard to believe that the Slayer was gone.

Dawn raised tearful eyes to the Dark One. “Will it hurt?” she asked in a scared voice. Taking compassion on her, since she looked a lot like a tearful Belle, Rumpel shook his head. “It’s fast, much faster than you think it will be.” Nodding her head, Dawn closed her eyes.

Present time

Willow kept up her attack on Rumpelstiltskin as the villains looked for a way to get in some blows too.

“All the writers keep writing what they - write, write
Somewhere another pretty vein just - died
I've got the scars from tomorrow and
I wish you could see
That you’re the antidote to everything except for me, me
A constellation of tears on your - lashes
Burn everything you love, then burn the - ashes
In the end everything collides
My childhood spat back out the monster that you see
My songs know what you did in the dark”

All the flying fireballs and blades and other things kept Rumpelstiltskin on his toes. He was weaving the conclusion to a spell under his breath as he did so. Still, having a bunch of women attack you while singing was unnerving:
“So light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
I'm on fire!
So light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
I'm on fire!
(Ohhhh) In the dark dark
(Ohhhh) In the dark dark”

Finally, he was finished. He brandished his Dark One blade. This made all the attackers pause, which was just what he needed. This spell was going to take a huge influx of dark magic. And there was only one way he could think of to make that.

With a swift movement, Rumplestiltskin plunged the dagger into his own heart. A huge explosion of magic knocked everyone away. Dark magic was flowing everywhere, creating black tentacles that lashed in every direction. There was a faint echo:

“My songs know what you did in the dark

My songs know what you did in the dark…”

The Black Fairy was on her feet and recognized what was happening. The rest of the witches all realized a second later. They began struggling to make it towards Rumpelstiltskin’s dying body. For whoever killed the Dark One with his own blade would become the next Dark One. All of that power...The Black Fairy, Emma, Regina, Zelena, and Willow all struggled towards the source of the dark magic. And still they sang:

“So light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
I'm on fire!
So light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
Light 'em up up up
I'm on fire!
(Ohhhh) In the dark dark
(Ohhhh) In the dark dark”

Just as Rumpel was about to die, the five people dived for his body. Five hands stretched toward the blade. Everyone crumpled into a heap on the ground as another shockwave exploded. The portal was closed. Snow and Charming looked on in fear at just whose hand had been on the blade…

Still Singing:

2. The Crazed Spruce
3. MarkHB
5. Lisin
6. egavasc
8. MuuMuuChainsmoker
10. caprice
11. Spaceman Spiff

Had Their Finale:

4. aquarian1 - You are Belle, MASON and HERO. You fell in love with Rumpelstiltskin, despite his being the Dark One. (Some might say, a Beast? Eh? Eh???) Recently you two got married and had a son. It’s unfortunate that he was stolen from you and raised in a realm where time moves faster and he’s grown now. And evil, that doesn’t help things either. In fact you know who Mr. Gold is but cannot communicate with him outside of the game.

7. Jesse - You are Buffy Summers, SCOOBY and HERO. You are the Slayer, the chosen one. You alone will stand against the vampires the demons and the forces of darkness. Well, not exactly ‘you alone’ any more. You have your Scooby team that is investigating the new Hellmouth in Storybrooke. You need to find out more information though, so each Night you can PM me a player name and I’ll tell you who they are.

9. Saoirse - You are Captain Hook, CAPTAIN/VIGILANTE and HERO. You are reformed (mostly) from your pirate ways, now that you’re in love with Emma. Still, you are going to try to recruit people to your side - each Night, PM me the name of one player, and they will join the CREW. In addition, you have 1 free Night kill to use during the game. Make it count!

1. Drogo - You are Mr. Gold (a.k.a. Rumpelstiltskin), MASON and HERO. You are the Dark One, but using your magic more for good now that you have a child with your wife, Belle. It’s unfortunate that he was stolen from you and raised in a realm where time moves faster and he’s grown now. And evil, that doesn’t help things either. In fact you know who Belle is but cannot communicate with her outside of the game.

tumblr_npy78tBrAB1u6wro7o1_250.gif

Let's say 24 hours or so for Night actions, so Night will last until about noon (Eastern time) on Monday.

• Love 2

Day 4 - The Curtain Falls

When the dust finally cleared away from the pile of witches, it was immediately clear who had landed the killing blow on Rumpel. Zelena got to her feet, her green skin from Oz back in full force. She had a look of fury on her face.

“Now sis -” Regina started, before Zelena backhanded her. “Shut up!” She shoved Regina across the room with telekinesis. “I need to protect little Robin. Now I’m more powerful than even you,” she sneered, turning to the Black Fairy. Gideon and Sweet appeared at her sides. The Black Fairy taunted back “You won’t find me such easy prey.”

Zelena paced the room as she thought. “True...I just need to…” She patted the Dark One dagger into her other hand as she pondered. Getting an idea, she turned to Sweet. “But you brought demons through, right? Before Rumpel closed the portal?” The singing demon nodded his head. “Well, I’m a bit bored with being a goody two shoes, I think it’s about time we showed this world who’s boss.”

The Black Fairy raised an eyebrow. “That was our plan all along. How do we know you’re really with us now?” Sweet eyed some of the others as he said “A show of faith…” He didn’t even need to say any more. Zelenda whirled around and stabbed Willow directly in the heart. The redhead barely had time to gasp before the light left her eyes. Emma thought she heard her whisper “Tara…” as she fell to the ground.

The Black Fairy cackled and said “Good enough for me. Let’s go work on that town barrier, eh?” She disappeared in a flourish, the other three soon following suit and vanishing. Emma ran to Willow’s body. It was too late, she was gone. From nearby, Giles and Xander both looked destroyed. Emma looked up to the older British man. “I know I’m not a Slayer, but I’m a Savior. I think I’m gonna need a Watcher to help me out with all this demon stuff.”

Giles was still for a long while...but then nodded his head. “It’s what she would have wanted.” Emma looked out of the side of her eye at Regina. “And Willow here was a witch, right? So you guys probably could use another one…” The former Evil Queen smirked and came forward. “Help put my sister in line and save the world? When do we start?”

Emma smiled as she gathered Giles, Xander, and Regina together, and then the new Scoobies teleported away in pursuit of the others.

Still Singing:

2. The Crazed Spruce
3. MarkHB
5. Lisin
8. MuuMuuChainsmoker
10. caprice
11. Spaceman Spiff

Had Their Finale:

4. aquarian1 - You are Belle, MASON and HERO. You fell in love with Rumpelstiltskin, despite his being the Dark One. (Some might say, a Beast? Eh? Eh???) Recently you two got married and had a son. It’s unfortunate that he was stolen from you and raised in a realm where time moves faster and he’s grown now. And evil, that doesn’t help things either. In fact you know who Mr. Gold is but cannot communicate with him outside of the game.

7. Jesse - You are Buffy Summers, SCOOBY and HERO. You are the Slayer, the chosen one. You alone will stand against the vampires the demons and the forces of darkness. Well, not exactly ‘you alone’ any more. You have your Scooby team that is investigating the new Hellmouth in Storybrooke. You need to find out more information though, so each Night you can PM me a player name and I’ll tell you who they are.

9. saoirse - You are Captain Hook, CAPTAIN/VIGILANTE and HERO. You are reformed (mostly) from your pirate ways, now that you’re in love with Emma. Still, you are going to try to recruit people to your side - each Night, PM me the name of one player, and they will join the CREW. In addition, you have 1 free Night kill to use during the game. Make it count!

1. Drogo - You are Mr. Gold (a.k.a. Rumpelstiltskin), MASON and HERO. You are the Dark One, but using your magic more for good now that you have a child with your wife, Belle. It’s unfortunate that he was stolen from you and raised in a realm where time moves faster and he’s grown now. And evil, that doesn’t help things either. In fact you know who Belle is but cannot communicate with her outside of the game.

6. egavasc - You are Willow Rosenberg, WITCH and HERO. You have a lot of magical skill, which will be useful to prevent darkness from taking over the world. Each Night, you can block one person from using any powers they may have, just PM me their name.

tumblr_ny2xr6NlJc1tvav1do1_500.gif

Well, it's Day now, but the Villains have a majority. And with all the delays and everything I caused in the game, I'm glad to just call it there. What do you guys think?

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

Well, it's Day now, but the Villains have a majority. And with all the delays and everything I caused in the game, I'm glad to just call it there. What do you guys think?

As a dead person, I'm good with it going either way, so I'll leave it up to the others.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

I don't really understand what's going on right now, but sure:

Well, I'm voting and waiting for you or someone who hasn't voted yet to do something particular.... :)

Sorry I haven't been too active on the boards lately, the past 2 months have been hectic to say the least. From one of my managers at work unexpectedly dying at the young age of 38 from natural causes, to having to make the extremely hard decision to put my 18 year old cat to sleep after we found a tumor on the roof of her mouth and her quality of life decreased dramatically in three weeks time, to my neighbor who is an old pot head who for some odd reason has been playing his music LOUD from 7pm until 5am (which means I get sleep deprived) to having 2 up and coming family weddings soon, one of which is already causing the drama. So yeah, I've been brain fried.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, caprice said:

A bit against my better judgement, but what the heck.

4 to DL Spaceman Spiff (MarkHB, Lisin, MMCS, caprice) 0 to read the final chapter

You all are being evil just to be evil.

• Love 2

I'm very sorry to hear of all that, Spiff.  I hope things turn better for you immediately!

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

... After you die here, of course :) .

On 7/27/2017 at 8:29 PM, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Release the hounds?  

What does one normally do when their team has new recruits?  :D

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, pretty much.

Honestly though, it sounds like you've had a pretty horrific couple of months, Spiff. Depending on the weddings, it might be extending.... I hope you'll be able to find ways to maintain your sanity and good humor. 

5 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I don't remember. I think we pretty well partied and killed off the last of the Lannisters when we managed to recruit Drogo in the GoT game. :D

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sorry I haven't been too active on the boards lately, the past 2 months have been hectic to say the least. From one of my managers at work unexpectedly dying at the young age of 38 from natural causes, to having to make the extremely hard decision to put my 18 year old cat to sleep after we found a tumor on the roof of her mouth and her quality of life decreased dramatically in three weeks time, to my neighbor who is an old pot head who for some odd reason has been playing his music LOUD from 7pm until 5am (which means I get sleep deprived) to having 2 up and coming family weddings soon, one of which is already causing the drama. So yeah, I've been brain fried.

Your friends here have your back, Spiff.  Even though we are killing you.  :P

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lisin said:

I don't really know the etiquette. But yeah, we just killed a bunch of people when we recruited @Drogo back in GoT so, I guess this worked!

Ahh, good times.... Of course, I died shortly after that since @MuuMuuChainsmoker didn't want to wait to be recruited. And we lost @Hanged Man pretty much right away. Oh well.

Oh sorry. I'm going away to a wedding this weekend, and didn't put anything about clues or Day length or anything. And now that everyone knows who the Villains are... ;)

Had Their Finale:

9. saoirse - You are Captain Hook, CAPTAIN/VIGILANTE and HERO. You are reformed (mostly) from your pirate ways, now that you’re in love with Emma. Still, you are going to try to recruit people to your side - each Night, PM me the name of one player, and they will join the CREW. In addition, you have 1 free Night kill to use during the game. Make it count!

6. egavasc - You are Willow Rosenberg, WITCH and HERO. You have a lot of magical skill, which will be useful to prevent darkness from taking over the world. Each Night, you can block one person from using any powers they may have, just PM me their name.

Still Singing:

2. The Crazed Spruce - You are Emma Swan, SAVIOR and HERO. As the Savior, you are the embodiment of light magic in the world. You have the ability to protect one person each Night from being killed by dark magic. You can protect yourself, but may not protect the same person more than one Night in a row.

tumblr_n3oam1oi7x1t8mvj8o4_250.gif

3. MarkHB - You are Zelena (a.k.a. The Wicked Witch of the West), RECRUITABLE and HERO. You are another evil person who has been reformed. (Dying will do that to a person.) And you have a daughter to think about now. Still, the allure of dark magic can be too much. If the VILLAINS investigate you, you will be recruited to their side.

c4a6cb70-c9da-0133-971e-0ec2e53676a1.gif

5. Lisin - You are Gideon, SILENCER and VILLAIN. You are the right hand of your grandmother, The Black Fairy, trying to bring darkness to the world along with the demon, Sweet. Each Night, you can PM me the name of 1 person who will be unable to talk (but can still vote) the next Day. You cannot choose the same person for 2 Days in a row.

good-idea.gif

Also, if you would like a Heroic character to claim, might I recommend Prince Charming? He is also a Silencer of sorts, being a prince and all.

latest?cb=20141125194240

8. MuuMuuChainsmoker - You are Sweet, MUSIC MAN and VILLAIN. You are the demon responsible for all the singing. A new Hellmouth opened in Storybrooke, giving you a chance to bring darkness to the world with the other Villains, The Black Fairy and Gideon. You can investigate who people are by PM’ing me a name each Night. Maybe, with the right song, you can draw them to your side...

giphy.gif

Also, if you would like a Heroic character to claim, might I recommend Xander Harris? After all, you did almost marry him once! And he does see quite a bit, like an investigator:

fc73115bd3f5776a79a431ed098723e3.jpg

10. caprice - You are The Black Fairy, EVIL PROTECTOR and VILLAIN. You are working with Sweet and your time-shifted grandson (don’t ask) Gideon to bring darkness to the world. Each Night, you can protect 1 person from being killed through the next Day, including yourself, but can’t protect the same person two Nights in a row.

616i.gif?w=758

Also, if you would like a Heroic character to claim, might I recommend Regina Mills? She is also a witch with a lot of darkness…

once-upon-time-musical-regina.jpg?w=619

11. Spaceman Spiff - You are Rupert Giles, WATCHER and HERO. You are Buffy’s Watcher, though you got fired from it...did you get rehired? I can’t remember. Anyway, you have no additional powers in this game. Sorry!

giphy.gif

Congrats to the winning players of MarkHB, Lisin, MuuMuuChainsmoker, and caprice! I also am crediting an extra half win to MarkHB and Lisin for being part of the CREW!

I think the Silencing and recruiting to the Crew both would have worked better in a bigger game...alas. Also totally meant to use "Fight Song" (probably for Emma) at one point. If Giles indeed was gonna die, I was probably going to have some soliloquy with "Empty Chairs At Empty Tables" first. This was supposed to feel very much like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ("Do you have any of Quill's music queued up?") but I think I hit pretty wide of the mark.

On 7/30/2017 at 11:11 AM, MarkHB said:

* Ahem * Invite them into the Villains PM, of course! 

A couple of notes on how I handled the last Day:

• TJ didn't make expressly clear, at least originally, that my Silencing only lasted one Day (the one before the long break).  That's part of why I just started the vote for Spaceman Spiff instead of saying something more, because I thought I was still silenced.
  • The other part was that I was really looking forward to playing as a villain; I even dropped hints as to who I was, not realizing that the villains apparently didn't know who their potential recruits were.  So to hear "You got recruited, but that means the game is over" was actually somewhat disappointing even though I'm glad we won.

@Lisin, what was the Crew thing?  I know I was recruited onto a team with you, but all I was told was that we had a different win condition (we couldn't talk outside the thread.).  That's why, when I was recruited, we both came over and the game ended.  But I have no idea as to the rest of it, including what the different win condition was.

@Drogo I feel bad for jumping on the DL for you. Logic dictated you were the other half of the mason pair and therefore a hero. Having never watched OUAT I didn't know if Rumple becoming the Dark One was good or bad and to be honest once you posted all the meme's after revealing yourself I thought, dude looks bad, (plus it was reminiscent of your evil Glory taunting) and considered you recruited by the villains. *shrugs*

I'm also convinced @TJtrack99 was banging his head against the keyboard when he realized those non-clues that pointed to @Jesse meant we were taking out Buffy early.

With all the recruits it's no wander I didn't know who to trust.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah, I was REALLY confused by Drogo still being a hero -- learning that was the last thing I did before I died!

No one was more surprised than me! 

I thought for sure I was becoming a SK or something... when I realized I wasn't, I figured being open about my identity was the only way to show the heroes I could be trusted. 

Didn't work out so hot for me, though. 

• Love 2