Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Chapter 6

It seems like a major flaw if none of Gestalt can function when one of them is having sex. They seem to flustered by any flirtatious act.

Myfanwy's sister had to be lying if she said they took Myfanwy when she was 12 years old. You would think the alleged sister would have the facts relatively accurate. Myfanwy was drinking beer in her recovered memory.

I wonder what powers the big boss and the wheelchair lady have?

• Love 1

Much as I liked the book, this series, while well-meaning, just isn't doing it for me.  I cannot force myself to care about Myfanwy in the least, even knowing the reason she is so closed off and unpersonable.  Why should we like her?   I did like how we got the repeated Monica/Marcus bar scene until we got to (I assume) the truth, which is that Marcus and Bronwyn were playing her.  I only like and am interested in Linda and Grantchester at this point, the Home Sec Jennifer is such an evil bitch politician caricature.

Not sure what "big boss" you're referring to, but don't understand why "wheelchair lady" Ingrid is anything but a very efficient secretary. 

Yawn Yawn. 

8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Myfanwy's sister had to be lying if she said they took Myfanwy when she was 12 years old.

What do you mean? Bronwyn said she (herself, not Myfanwy) was 12 when it happened and we know from the flashback in Chapter 2 that it happened in 2004, which makes Bronwyn 27 now.

9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wonder what powers the big boss and the wheelchair lady have?

If by "big boss" you mean Jennifer Birch, none. As Home Secretary, overseeing the Checquy is within her desmesnes, she's not a member.

It’s crazy that the course of this season has only spanned 5 days. It makes Gestalt seem like much more of a jerk for not understanding Myfanwy’s confusion on who to trust (especially when she was instructed not to tell anyone of her condition)

As for the questions above about Myfanwy’s memory burst, I think we are supposed to assume that occurred when she was in high school at the school for EVAs. I can understand the confusion since the kids were drinking even though they were in a pretty restricted environment, but teenagers with abilities or not always figure out a way. Plus, the Chequy probably wanted them to have certain illusions of freedom to help keep them in line. 

Interesting progression of remembrance for Monica as the details kept changing. She obviously idealized her relationship with Marcus after he disappeared. 

I’m still trying to figure out how Bronwyn and Marcus were working together. I guess they were working to try to free EVAs from the Chequy. That means that the incident on the bridge was Bronwyn’s attempt to rescue Myfanwy from the Chequy. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

As for the questions above about Myfanwy’s memory burst, I think we are supposed to assume that occurred when she was in high school at the school for EVAs. I can understand the confusion since the kids were drinking even though they were in a pretty restricted environment, but teenagers with abilities or not always figure out a way. Plus, the Chequy probably wanted them to have certain illusions of freedom to help keep them in line.

That memory flashback definitely occurred before Myfanwy went to the school for EVAs. Myfanwy was right at the place where her powers first manifested, where she zapped her father and people realized that she was an EVA.

• Love 1

OK, that does it. I'm done with this show. It's just too slow and boring. Might have tolerated it as a Netflix series where all the episodes come out at once, but can't be arsed at this pace.

• Love 2

I liked showing the relationship between Monica and Marcus and how it was idealized by Monica after his disappearance, and how it was shown. It gave some more context to her and her desperation to find him. 

So when exactly did Myfanwy go away to EVA school? Its hard to tell exactly how old she was in the flashbacks, as they use the same actress who basically looks the same in all time periods. 

A bit off topic but is it normal for someone as important as the Home Secretary to be wearing a backpack?  It just seems so undignified especially while wearing business attire.  Are backpacks replacing briefcases in the business world?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, cdnalor said:

A bit off topic but is it normal for someone as important as the Home Secretary to be wearing a backpack?  It just seems so undignified especially while wearing business attire.  Are backpacks replacing briefcases in the business world?

I think carrying a briefcase might be classified as a torture device and she would probably need to have it handcuffed to her wrist. With a backpack you would have to rip off both her arms to steal it instead of just one arm for a briefcase. That makes backpacks twice as secure.

I'm still watching this but the book popped up in Kindle specials today. The description includes this:

The thrilling, hilarious, genre-busting Aurealis Award-winning novel about a supernatural MI5.

I haven't seen anything hilarious in the show - are they missing it out? or is the book that much better/deeper?

• LOL 1