Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E36: Shirlene & James

GaT

Original Airdate 07/31/19

Nev and co-host Kamie help a lovestruck Navajo girl on her vision quest to find the Zuni man she loves, a man who not only admitted to being a drug smuggler but also claimed to have died, leaving everyone desperate for answers.

This show is circling the drain. 

I like Kamie as a future permanent co-host, but I’m not sure she can save this show. 

The only reason Nev took this crazy koo-koo story and put it on TV is for another “first.” His quest for firsts is killing any ounce of integrity left.

• Love 4

This was a sad & depressing episode, & I really want to smack Nev every time he pushes someone to admit they have "feelings" for the person they've been catfishing.

• Love 4

I wish both of those young people well.   They're both so sad and lonely.  I wish Shirlene had some self-esteem.  She kept overlooking the crazy and inconsistent stuff to hang on to the idea of this hot dude with a good job who would love her and take care of her and her child.

• Love 4

These are all such sad stories but I agree with posters who say this show is nearing the end. There are no new scenarios unless they are just cooking up premises. Yeah, you can go out in a blizzard; go to an Indian reservation or have everyone in Hawaii be in on the scheme but it’s still the same old same old. No real surprises.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

These are all such sad stories but I agree with posters who say this show is nearing the end. There are no new scenarios unless they are just cooking up premises. Yeah, you can go out in a blizzard; go to an Indian reservation or have everyone in Hawaii be in on the scheme but it’s still the same old same old. No real surprises.

They'd have to find someone with a psychiatric condition like the young man who swore up and down he was talking to Katy Perry.   Other than that sort of thing, the victims will consistently be sad and lonely.  The catfish will either be sad and lonely or mean and bored.

• Love 2

These single mothers need to get their lives together & focus on their children.  Stop trying to find a man to swoop in and make you happy. Save yourself!

ETA: Shirlene was a catfish too w the pic she was using. It looked nothing like her. 

Edited by Kroliosis
Pic
  • Love 6
On 8/1/2019 at 1:49 AM, GaT said:

I really want to smack Nev every time he pushes someone to admit they have "feelings" for the person they've been catfishing.

I don't get his desperate need to out people. I mean, I think I do, he thinks he's some kind of social justice warrior who is going to single-handedly make the entire world accepting of lifestyles they have not accepted in the past 2000 years. Okay Nev. You do that. In the meantime, this girl isn't ready to be ostracized for what you assume her sexuality is so leave her the fuck alone. (I know, she agreed to do the show blah blah, but she is clearly desperate for attention, as they all are who agree to humiliate themselves on this show and it just feels like he preys on the weak and desperate and uses them for his own agenda.)

I watched this because there was nothing else I was willing to watch. Now I wish I had just watched a test pattern or a channel I don't get that just has the Comcast phone number on it because at least that would be less irritating. 

Also...I miss Max. He was the only decent thing about this show. 

• Love 3

You can't help dumb, but smart people wouldn't need to ask this show for help. 😂😂 She needs to focus on raising her child & avoiding having more for a few years.

#SterilizeTil25

• Love 1