Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Dolphin-ately Bad Taste

• Start Topic

I don't think I have ever seen a more poorly designed house than what the wife did!!!! All white, too many mirrors and ugly furnishings! I really like what Orlando comes up with but in this case, anything would have been better! (Actually I was trying to picture the dolphins painted pink and just could not do that to myself!) I love his crew and thought it was neat when he bought a new "vest" for his worker...can't think of his name but it starts with a "K". Everything in the house looked comfortable and "manly".....I bet Mike was breathing a sigh of relief(and probably after the shock was over a bigger sigh of relief that the wife was gone!) All in all, I really enjoy this show.

• Love 3

It's Kamran (sounds like Cameron). 

Another great design on a modest budget. I'm glad they went with the flooring instead of the bathroom gut.

I'm looking ahead but don't see any new episodes listed on my DVR. I hope this isn't all we get.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It's Kamran (sounds like Cameron). 

Another great design on a modest budget. I'm glad they went with the flooring instead of the bathroom gut.

I'm looking ahead but don't see any new episodes listed on my DVR. I hope this isn't all we get.

Even episode 7 wasn’t listed on the HGTV website. Given how nice a show it has turned out to be, I hope they bring it back and show it some love. 

• Love 3

I sure hope they bring this show back! I really like Orlando's style and they are not mean about the exs...just that they want something of their own. The Dolphin episode was actually Ep 2....they just showed the episodes when they wanted to I guess. This show along with Hidden Potential, Boise Boys and Bargain Mansions are so much better than Christina and all of the reruns of Fixer Upper and the Property Bros. Why does HGTV not see what good shows they have and go with them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, suebee12 said:

This show along with Hidden Potential, Boise Boys and Bargain Mansions are so much better than Christina and all of the reruns of Fixer Upper and the Property Bros. Why does HGTV not see what good shows they have and go with them?

I loved it when Orlando and the homeowner tried to sell the ex-wife's furniture and the only thing the used furniture store owner wanted was the dolphins because they were so kitschy. This show is a hoot and so entertaining.

• Love 1

I really like Orlando's style and they are not mean about the exs...just that they want something of their own. 

If ever there was an opportunity to rag on the Ex, it was the dolphin lady, and even then they avoided doing it. 

This show along with Hidden Potential, Boise Boys and Bargain Mansions are so much better than Christina and all of the reruns of Fixer Upper and the Property Bros. Why does HGTV not see what good shows they have and go with them?

Well the Property Brothers and the Gaineses are big stars in the DIY genre so it's little wonder HGTV tries to milk them for all they're worth. They also seem to be banking on Christina's star power, although for the life of me I'll never know why. Let's just hope Orlando gets enough "fame" to keep going. The shows seems to be getting pretty decent ratings, this latest episode got 1.3 million viewers.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Well the Property Brothers and the Gaineses are big stars in the DIY genre so it's little wonder HGTV tries to milk them for all they're worth.

I meant to ask this when you posted your response.  I usually don't care how a show is doing in the ratings, so how does Fixer Upper rank? Since they seem to be on 24/7, what kind of ratings do they get these days? I mean, if I watched I could probably do the dialogue by heart!

• Love 1
On 7/22/2019 at 9:12 PM, suebee12 said:

I sure hope they bring this show back! I really like Orlando's style and they are not mean about the exs...just that they want something of their own. The Dolphin episode was actually Ep 2....they just showed the episodes when they wanted to I guess. This show along with Hidden Potential, Boise Boys and Bargain Mansions are so much better than Christina and all of the reruns of Fixer Upper and the Property Bros. Why does HGTV not see what good shows they have and go with them?

I like Orlando so much I googled him and joined his homemaker FB. He’s a charming guy from Yosemite, don’t know anyone from there. He posts a fair amount on FB not so much on twitter. 

• Love 2

I meant to ask this when you posted your response.  I usually don't care how a show is doing in the ratings, so how does Fixer Upper rank? Since they seem to be on 24/7, what kind of ratings do they get these days? I mean, if I watched I could probably do the dialogue by heart!

Well Fixer Upper isn't doing any new episodes so the ones you are seeing aren't being aired during prime time hours as far as I know. It's just used as filler elsewhere because it was one of the most popular shows HGTV ever had. (The Gaineses claimed they were stepping away from the grind of doing the show, but then they turned around and signed up to do some other show on another network so apparently they had some kind of beef with HGTV.)

The latest episode of Unspouse got 1.34 million viewers and a 0.2 rating in the 18-49 demo. By comparison, Christina on the Coast got 1.70 million/0.3. Those are both pretty good for HGTV. House Hunters typically gets around 1.2 million/0.2. Property Brothers got 1.8 million/0.4 last Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Well Fixer Upper isn't doing any new episodes so the ones you are seeing aren't being aired during prime time hours as far as I know. It's just used as filler elsewhere because it was one of the most popular shows HGTV ever had

Thanks for the info. I knew that FU didn't have new shows but it sure seems like they are on 24/7! I am so tired of them!!!

• Love 1
On 7/24/2019 at 3:12 PM, iMonrey said:

The latest episode of Unspouse got 1.34 million viewers and a 0.2 rating in the 18-49 demo. By comparison, Christina on the Coast got 1.70 million/0.3. Those are both pretty good for HGTV. House Hunters typically gets around 1.2 million/0.2. Property Brothers got 1.8 million/0.4 last Wednesday. 

Christina beat this lovely little show? That’s just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, jaimesommers said:

Christina beat this lovely little show? That’s just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. 

I’ll be Orlando-optimistic here and say it is a very good sign that HGTV put our show on after its much promoted Christina show, and that it keeps a lot of the audience. 

1.34 million is a good number for HGTV!

• Love 3
On 7/26/2019 at 3:54 AM, JTMacc99 said:

I’ll be Orlando-optimistic here and say it is a very good sign that HGTV put our show on after its much promoted Christina show, and that it keeps a lot of the audience. 

1.34 million is a good number for HGTV!

I follow his page on FB I don’t think it’s coming back. He’s a delightful guy though. 

2 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

How exciting!!! Finally HGTV did something right!

Sorry meant  un spoused. He’s really fun to follow on FB even though he doesn’t post a lot. Shows things he’s done in his parents place and his place. Talks about trips ( was in San Fransisco this week) he was also involved with the Brady Bunch re- do which I have on DVR but not watched yet. 

Yay the fans have spoken! 

• Love 1

Orlando did a five-episode show for HGTV called Fad or Future. It's basically him and two friends watching remodel clips from other HGTV shows. I don't even know if or when HGTV aired this, I found it on their streaming channel. I think the network likes him but they might not know what to do with him. Christina on the Coast is coming back this month but Unspouse My House hasn't been given a release date yet and the two shows were originally paired up.