Type keyword(s) to search

S10:E08: Archer: 1999 -- Cubert

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

The cube was freaky. And god, I loved Carol in this. She finally got asphyxiated.

I love that Krieger assumed everyone thought he had sex of the cube. Which he couldn't do anyway because Ken Doll anatomy.

It's really neat and freaky to see this "universe" slowly fall apart. We see the OG crew, Archer going nuts, TV's Michael Gray, everyone not remembering the cube.

Holy shit, Woodhouse.

Spoiler

Archer is gonna wake up in the season finale, we also see other worlds (like a Western one). This plus his hesitation for going back to Earth might all be an obvious metaphor for Archer's subconscious fighting back.

• Love 2

Looks like Archer is getting closer to reality . . . or whatever passes for it. Woodhouse coming back was really jarring. I'm hoping we don't get to see him much next week, in the sense that I think voice clips from his late VA (George Coe) were used. Hate to imagine Adam Reed cutting up dialogue and give us a Woodhouse that talked like Chef in his final episode of South Park.*

Since when is a sweater dress and boots considered slutty? Still it kinda felt nice to see the "regular" versions of the cast. Not that they strayed too far from their tropes. Of course a cube of unknown origin would inhale Cheryl's head and hold her there for a few minutes.  Of course no one would give a crap that Ray shot Cyril in the foot. And, of course, Archer starts to crack/uncrack when TV's Michael Grey pops in unexpectedly.

*Real quick for those not into South Park . . . Isaac Hayes took exception to the creators attacks on Scientology, so he bailed. In "Chef's Back!" the character returned to South Park . . . only he was now under the thrall of a club of child molesters in an extremely paper-thin parody of Scientology. Matt & Trey wound up going through Isaac's past performances on the show, and wound up cutting up the lines and reforming them into something horrific.

• Love 1

Wow that was disconcerting.

this show can get really dark when it wants to and Archer having a full on break down might be singing that he is coming out of his coma which might be interesting if there are further seasons.  

That last part with Woodhouse was really sweet and sad though. Woodhouse who has been a source of comfort for Archer even if in odd ways.

• Love 2

I enjoyed this episode. It wasn't funny funny but, it was good in it's own way. Archer is definitely getting closer to waking up. I'm guessing by Season finale we'll be back in the real world. I wonder how much time has passed?

Loved seeing the crew back in their normal attire. Although, I hope Lana keeps Space Lana's hair because that is pretty freaking awesome.

• Love 2

Whew, there was a lot going on in this episode but the one thing that stood out for me was the brief homage to Alien. I really expected something to burst out of Cheryl's chest when she appeared to be choking to death. A baby cube perhaps?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2019 at 12:52 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whew, there was a lot going on in this episode but the one thing that stood out for me was the brief homage to Alien. I really expected something to burst out of Cheryl's chest when she appeared to be choking to death. A baby cube perhaps?

totally!
The opening bit with the ship alone in space reminded me of Firefly Out of Gas, and then them scavenging the cube of course reminded me of several episodes.

• Love 1