Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: From Injustice Came the Way to Describe Justice

• Start Topic

Jackie and Decourcy continue to hunt down the weapon connected to the Revere robbery. Local reporter gets a tip that could lead her down a treacherous path. Siobhan questions whether doing what is right is ultimately what is for the best.

Original airdate: 07/14/2019

I enjoy this show but would like it even more if I understood more of what's going on.

I am not sure how recovering the guns will lead them to the guys who killed the armored guards.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dminches said:

I enjoy this show but would like it even more if I understood more of what's going on.

I am not sure how recovering the guns will lead them to the guys who killed the armored guards.

Yeah it’s not clear either but it sounds like the kind of weapons used were rare in MA at that time.

but they showed Ryan shooting one of the guards with a handgun, not an automatic rifle.

Jackie being the greatest troll of all time, even before there were online trolls.  So he taunts the junkie and he taunts that other cop who wanted the glory by being at the front as they busted into that place.

Looks like the junkie is going to get revenge on Jackie through his daughter.

Oh and classy, giving his Vietnamese mistress money for an abortion.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Yeah it’s not clear either but it sounds like the kind of weapons used were rare in MA at that time.

but they showed Ryan shooting one of the guards with a handgun, not an automatic rifle.

Jackie being the greatest troll of all time, even before there were online trolls.  So he taunts the junkie and he taunts that other cop who wanted the glory by being at the front as they busted into that place.

Looks like the junkie is going to get revenge on Jackie through his daughter.

Oh and classy, giving his Vietnamese mistress money for an abortion.

Yeah that Junkie is gonna string his daughter on heroin, 

and giving the Vietnamese mistress money for the abortion was classic shit,

what sux is the Ryan daughter having nightmares about Kinicky incident, and it’s the kids who suffer, it’s a vicious cycle in the hood, 

what I don’t understand is the reporter is from the Phoenix newspaper, that paper was a piece of shit paper back in the day that just promoted hookers and 911 numbers, but show is making her out to be like she’s a columnist from the Globe!! Not sure what point if her is yet? Anyone?

Finally, once they find that AK 47 like they did, they tied it to Revere Bar where it came from, but that Bartender ain’t gonna talk, but Jackie has to put it together that Jimmy, his rat, is brother of Frankie who pulled the Revere job, I think once they start questioning Frankie, he’s gonna put it together that it’s Jimmy talking and not the other kid in his crew

Should be great next couple of episodes, I think they only got 8, so next week is #6 and that’s usually when something big happens!!!!  So far I give this show an 8 of 10 stars......it drags a little when they focus on the black preacher and Decourcy wife, who cares about that shit

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Irishdad70 said:

Should be great next couple of episodes, I think they only got 8, so next week is #6 and that’s usually when something big happens!!!!  

There are 10 episodes in season 1.

9 hours ago, Irishdad70 said:

what I don’t understand is the reporter is from the Phoenix newspaper, that paper was a piece of shit paper back in the day that just promoted hookers and 911 numbers, but show is making her out to be like she’s a columnist from the Globe!! Not sure what point if her is yet? Anyone? 

The Phoenix was an alternative weekly; it won several journalism awards. They broke the news about the pedophile priests in Boston months before the Globe did. Maybe in their last days they were crap, but the Phoenix was respected for decades.

I've been all in from the beginning, but this episode dragged for me. I'm bored stiff by Decourcy's wife, and by their domestic drama. What is up with her? One minute she's saying the preacher's accusers are lying and hysterical, the next she's a passionate advocate, she's shaking with outrage at his transgressions, she's totally woke about sexual harassment overnight.

Jackie is a total bastard and I'm looking forward to his fall. I guess we're supposed to.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jackie is a total bastard and I'm looking forward to his fall. I guess we're supposed to.

I'm still of the opinion his wife (Hennessy), will do him in. Her role seems too passive at this point to not culminate in something shattering.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm bored stiff by Decourcy's wife, and by their domestic drama.

And her bad wig.  With the barrette on the back that is barely hanging on.

And again, who the hell is Kinicki?  (not the character from Grease)

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 8:19 PM, scrb said:

Yeah it’s not clear either but it sounds like the kind of weapons used were rare in MA at that time

That's what I got. Plus they arrested two of them, so they can lean on them to give up who they sold the guns to by threatening them with a felony or something. 

Decourcy's wife is becoming insufferable. 

12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I've been all in from the beginning, but this episode dragged for me. I'm bored stiff by Decourcy's wife, and by their domestic drama. What is up with her? One minute she's saying the preacher's accusers are lying and hysterical, the next she's a passionate advocate, she's shaking with outrage at his transgressions, she's totally woke about sexual harassment overnight.

I don't know if we're supposed to assume that enough time had passed for it to sink in or maybe she heard a ton of accusers in addition to the singer, but she's becoming really condescending. It almost seemed like she was acting all better then the others because she was able to handle it or something. Decourcy was right to talk about trust to her. If he didn't rip the reverend in two for the house n-word he isn't going to cause a scene here, especially being a public figure working a high profile case. 

Plus, you know what? "Know how to talk to my mother" please. His observation of marginalizing was correct. 

Oh, wait. Are they trying to do some parallel to Anita Hill?

I'm not a fan of the reporter either. I assume this plays off. I'm rooting for Jackie to get away with it all though. It's not like he doesn't know what he's doing. He's been right so far. I did love him trolling the cop as he died. 

Does Jackie not know the CI's brother is the ringleader of the heists? Or at least not know who the brother is? 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I feel like we're not supposed to know about him. All will be revealed in time. Kinicki is the linchpin. that's my guess. The daughter is the key. 

I guess we should be thinking that the daughter may have witnessed Kinicki's demise and that has led to her nightmares and other issues?

• Love 1

That seems the most direct resolution to the plot to me. Which means Jackie will find out via his CI (learning who the brother is) and somehow he gets her in front of the grand jury for DeCourcy. Or, more to Jackie's style, he threatens the dad with doing that to get him in front of the grand jury to spill and unravel the whole thing. 

The marriage strife is certainly the dullest part of the show, and I dont get Decourcy's wife's deal most of the time. First the preacher is all salt of the Earth and people are just being hysterical and persecuting him, and the next she is all horrified by him and pissed about what hot garbage he is. Honestly, I cant even beileve she has anything to do with the guy in the first place. HE CALLED HER HUSBAND A HOUSE N****! IN PUBLIC! MULTIPLE TIMES! How the hell can she have a working relationship with a guy who would say something to your partner like that, and be totally unapologetic about it I mean, there have to be other community leaders to help out!

I mean, Jackie is certainly a worse person, but at least he can be entertaining, and is pretty consistent in his behaviors. I would much rather watch scenes with him, even when he is a total asshole.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

How the hell can she have a working relationship with a guy who would say something to your partner like that, and be totally unapologetic about it I mean, there have to be other community leaders to help out!

That's what Decourcy was saying - their movement is important. Rely on other leaders and freeze him out. 

I think the show missed a narrative beat here by not showing us having her listen to a whole bunch of other women in addition to the one we saw. I think the show was implying that's what happened but it wasn't entirely clear. 

• Love 1