Type keyword(s) to search

Everything’s Gonna Be Okay in the Media

• Start Topic

Freeform Picks Up Josh Thomas Comedy ‘Everything’s Gonna Be Okay’ To Series

Everything’s Gonna Be Okay, Freeform’s pilot from Australian writer-actor-comedian Josh Thomas, has been picked up to series by the network with a 10-episode order.

The half-hour comedy stars Thomas as Nicholas, a neurotic 25-year-old still living at home with his single dad and two teenage half-sisters, one of which has autism. He is not particularly helpful in raising his siblings, but when their dad becomes terminally ill, the girls have to cope with not only a devastating loss but also the realization that Nicholas is the one who will have to hold it all together. Co-starring alongside Thomas are Kayla Cromer, Maeve Press, and Adam Faison.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:20 PM, HappyBerry said:

Has anyone else read the Josh Thomas story in the New Yorker about his autism diagnosis. There is something I really enjoy about the "hmmmm, I sure am interested in making stories about characters with XYZ....hey, wait a second....." narrative.

I skimmed it, but what I read was cool, and yeaaah Nicholas does read as autistic... or narcissistic.

2 hours ago, paulvdb said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Although I wonder by the phrasing of the tweet Josh Thomas sent out if he was the one who decided to end the show?

I mean even if he was the one who decided to end the show I am still disappointed - I really hope to see more Kayla Cromer and Maeve Press on my TV soon

Edited by bros402

I'm so sad to see this, not only because the show was so good, and I wanted to see more from these characters, but also because it means one less show with disability representation on television. It was such a breath of fresh air to see autistic characters played by autistic actors. 

• Love 2

I'm hoping this is more "Josh Thomas didn't want to act anymore/couldn't think of ideas for a season 3" instead of a "Freeform decided to sacrifice a show to the show gods" because this show was great, it was only 20 episodes, but the second season was so good - I think it was better than season 1 (Although season 1 finale had an amazing portrayal of what sensory overload can feel like).