Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: The Hunter and the Hunted.

• Start Topic

Unless these folks are all graffiti or billboard artists in their spare time, the flash challenge pieces were better than they had any right to be. I continue to be surprised at how well the contestants handle coffee beans, wire, ice, legos, and any number of tiny mosaic pieces.

Love Nunez's leopard print snuggie coordinated with the animal theme. I just imagine him cruising the JC Penney site for women's plus sizes.

As for the tattoos, I really liked the lumberjack moose that won. Clever, eye-catching design and nicely applied.

I wish the contestants would get it through  their heads that they're not playing in teams and stop complaining about it. They're being judged individually except for the flash challenges, which don't matter.

The show can bite me with the skull picks as well, because most of the time the artists talk unreasonable canvases out of what they said they wanted, or where.

• Love 9

One of the worst things this show ever did was allow the teams to start talking shit and giving their opinions during judging (both during the flash challenges and the elimination challenges), but man did I enjoy it when the one guy tried to say "Thats not contrast" and Dave cut in with "Uhhh...that's not true." That was immensely satisfying.

I sincerely want a version of Tito's tattoo with my cat's face and a crown on his head. I loved that one.

I cracked up that Cam's bravado immediately cracked once his tattoo was taken apart by the judges and he instantly changed his tune on being a team player once he thought he might be in the bottom. Way to hold your ground there buddy.

I actually didn't necessarily disagree with Justin going home (though Ash is annoying the hell out of me and I would've been just as happy for her to leave), but I knew there was no way they were going to bring back DJ and not have him in the finale. They love him too much.

12 hours ago, 2727 said:

Love Nunez's leopard print snuggie coordinated with the animal theme. I just imagine him cruising the JC Penney site for women's plus sizes.

That onesie was hysterical. I find him so good looking, but his fashion choices over the years are so questionable.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

One of the worst things this show ever did was allow the teams to start talking shit and giving their opinions during judging (both during the flash challenges and the elimination challenges)

A hundred thumbs up! Waste my time watching some guy arguing that black provides better contrast than blue but skimping on showing the final tattoos? Bad producer decisions. Bad!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

I actually didn't necessarily disagree with Justin going home (though Ash is annoying the hell out of me and I would've been just as happy for her to leave), but I knew there was no way they were going to bring back DJ and not have him in the finale. They love him too much.

I was baffled by the decision of Justin going home, I thought he clearly had the best tattoo out of the three, but then Dave said "Congratulations DJ you will be tattooing in the finale" and then it all made sense,

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

One of the worst things this show ever did was allow the teams to start talking shit and giving their opinions during judging (both during the flash challenges and the elimination challenges), but man did I enjoy it when the one guy tried to say "Thats not contrast" and Dave cut in with "Uhhh...that's not true." That was immensely satisfying.

I think it bites them in the ass sometimes as well.  Rule 1:  Don't try to show up the judges Rule 2:  Especially if it's Dave 

Ladies:  Thanks for the win, you dumbass!  (Even though I thought the women's was better, Mr. Big Mouth sealed the deal for them.

I am still stunned every time I see Katie since she's lost weight.  I'm never quite sure it's her until she's starts talking.  Although I think not having the big glasses with the bangs has something to do with it as well.

I was also figured she'd be in for the win, since it was the girl's turn to lose somebody, but then I realized they weren't going to let DJ go any more than they would Ryan.  He is one of my most hated inktestants, I almost didn't get through the coaches' season.  But he surprised me last night in that I didn't hate him, maybe he's gained a bit of self-awareness in the last couple years?

• Love 2
(edited)

DJ doesn't bother me as much when he's coaching a team of people who are listening to him. He just gets really competitive when his artistic integrity gets questioned. I have a feeling he wouldn't have been as stoked to get the men's team. I wouldn't consider Katie a shrinking violet by any means but some of the side eyes she was giving the men on her team while keeping quiet said a lot about how difficult some of them must be to deal with in person.

I loved the moose tattoo from the second someone asked for it. I'm sad that's so far up the thigh because unless that guy routinely wears a speedo, nobody will see it. I would want that displayed prominently. The only thing that slightly bothered me about it is that the moose's arms were lighter so it looked like a person with a moose head rather than an anthropomorphic moose.

I have one tattoo and it probably falls into this category (it's a stylized portrait of one of my black cats, with some ropes) and I like mine better than the tattoos on this episode but I am biased. This was still my favorite episode in a while because I like pictures of animals.

A couple things:

Otter guy's placement went from "you can do my back" to his arm. Did I miss where they switched it again or did they just do it? I'm also surprised they didn't blur out his lion king or pokemon tattoos.

How did we get away with an Honest John (the fox) tattoo? I looked up just now to make sure paramount isn't owned by disney and it's not, so.... ???

The suggestion to put blue in the hedgehog was also something that made me wonder, but I guess paramount IS responsible for the sonic the hedgehog movie so maybe that would have given the hedgehog bonus points. I'm surprised it wasn't alluded to on camera.

Did they find a bunch of furries for this challenge? I'm sad that the bigger dude didn't get a bear tattoo but the otter is funny enough.

Edited to mention that I wish they had used the opportunity to get rid of Cam. That tattoo was really terrible. I thought he said he could draw? Apparently not.

Edited by belligerent
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Sile said:

I am still stunned every time I see Katie since she's lost weight.  I'm never quite sure it's her until she's starts talking.  Although I think not having the big glasses with the bangs has something to do with it as well.

I know, right? She looks amazing. Good for her. Always liked her.

I thought the guys should have said, if you're Mr. Team Player now we'll send YOU down to atone for your mid-gray pantherwolf as our 'peers' vote to fight for your self and rejoin the team. Big missed oppo there!

• Love 2

Alls I could do was stare at Nunez's leopard print pull-over. Was that velour? What in almighty fuck? I want to see Dave's face when he walks in wearing that. How is everyone not just giggling during judging.

Also what the fuck was he talking about. To everyone who whined that they didn't have experience with the challenge given, he said... "then just be an artist", "just tattoo", "don't let go of what you know for what you don't know". So now the actual challenge don't mean shit or what? 

Oh, and there were some decent tattoos and some shitty tattoos. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Alls I could do was stare at Nunez's leopard print pull-over. Was that velour? What in almighty fuck? I want to see Dave's face when he walks in wearing that. How is everyone not just giggling during judging.

I was disappointed that he must've left his librarian glasses with the beaded chain at home, because that would have really capped off his ensemble beautifully.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I wish they would just send the worst tattoo(er) home. Justin´s was so far from being the worst imo. Having this be about the coaches is not fair and takes a lot away from the real competition. I mean everyone can see the judges being dishonest, it´s not a good look.