Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: AKA Customer Service Is Standing By

Ah, so Erik has superpowers or as Jessica calls it "Asshole Detection", where he can sense when someone has done something bad or is just generally an awful person.  Helpful!  Well, except the whole migraine thing...

Malcolm finds the dirt on the husband of Jeri's ex, and she's just given him to go ahead to unleash it!  Even if it officially can't be traced back to her though, I would think that she'd be at least a little suspicious that this all comes out right after Jeri comes back into her life.

Looks like we meet the likely big bad of this season.  His name is Sallinger, he's apparently brilliant on almost every level, and he likes to kill people!  And Jessica is worried enough that she is actually willing to align herself with Trish again!

• Love 2

So looks like we found our next Big Bad, Sallinger, a super smart creepy guy who presumably does creepy things. Its nice to shake things up a bit and have a main villain who seemingly has nothing to do with Jessica or her backstory. 

Trish continues to get on my nerves with her constant "I am such an awesome hero and I can tell everyone else how much they suck" crap. 

So Eric has a built in asshole detector! Which I guess would explain why he has such a cynical world view, considering he can literally sense the worst in people.

• Love 4

You know the bad guy is bad because he eats an apple with a knife. So did he actually stab Jessica? It wasn't clear. 

I know Malcolm isn't happy about what he's doing but in the case, the guy is stealing from the foundation. Although fucking students is such a cliche. 

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:47 AM, thuganomics85 said:

His name is Sallinger, he's apparently brilliant on almost every level, and he likes to kill people!

This is my least favourite villain trope, so I hope that they do something more original with him in the remaining episodes.

I do like the asshole detection guy (preferably not as Jessica's love interest), but I am super not interested in Jeri or her storyline at all so far. Malcolm, do better!

• Love 2

I had pretty much given up on this season.  I just couldn't get into the story line, it just didn't seem to be going anywhere, and the Trish as a pseudo super hero plot line was not interesting to me.  But this episode finally hooked me, just in time.  I like Erik, I like the "asshole detector" super power, especially that he doesn't quite get it right sometimes.  I could do without the gambling addiction, but I guess every superhero needs a flaw, so there you go.  And I'm glad there's a new Big Bad.  Sallinger's a bit cliche, but I'm hoping he gets more interesting. 

Not sure why it took until the 4th episode to get here, the first three could have probably been condensed into one. 

They're trying to make this season's villain a scary sociopath like Killgrave, but Killgrave was scarier and more interesting.  And Jessica had a personal history with Killgrave, which gave that story weight.  This guy is just a random.

Props to Hograth's fling with her old flame, though.  That one has been pretty high on the hot meter.

Edited by Dobian

If Erik is telling the truth about his asshole radar, that is kind of a sucky super power. You can tell if someone's a bad guy by getting a splitting headache but you get no details about what they've done? Great. If I were him, I'd get a one way ticket to a deserted tropical island and live a headache-free life.

Even if Jeri weren't in love with Kith, Peter deserves to be exposed for the asshole that he is. If he and Kith have an open marriage then more power to both of them. But it is NOT COOL to set up a foundation and then steal money from it. And it's even worse since it's a scholarship set up in their daughter's memory. Seriously, dude. Have you no shame?

Sorry, Sallinger, but no one will top Kilgrave for pure creepiness. But you keep on eating apples in your full on murder suit if that makes you feel sassy.

I don't know why Jessica called Trish's sweater show to admit that she wanted her help. Why didn't she just call her cell phone directly?

Ugh, I can't with Trish and her unending self righteousness. The way she was going in on Malcolm about  how she's on the side of right and he isn't just had me rolling my eyes.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

If super powers existed in real life, there would be some mundane ones like "asshole detection", so I have no problem with that.  

I suppose Trish is supposed to feel bad that she injured that bookie lady, but that lady was attacking her with a crowbar.  So it was kind of in self defense and an accident, even if Trish was trespassing.  I liked that she was at least wearing the Hellcat colors.

Sallinger in the comics is apparently known as

Spoiler

Foolkiller.  It's a fairly well known character, although several different versions exist.

• Love 1