Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E10: Andrew Scott, Stephen Fry, Paloma Faith, Lee Mack, Bastille

• Start Topic

Among the guests on Graham’s sofa tonight: everyone’s favourite hot vicar, Fleabag's Andrew Scott, now starring in Black Mirror; Stephen Fry, on tour with Mythos: A Trilogy; singer Paloma Faith, now turned actor to play the villain in Batman TV prequel Pennyworth and top comic Lee Mack, promoting Horrible Histories: The Movie. With music from Bastille, who perform their current single Joy.

• Love 1

Paloma admitted to masturbating to episode 5 of "Fleabag," so I think at least one of her stories made it to the U.S. version.

Poor Andrew Scott. He was beet red during that story. Though full marks for Paloma saying, "I am not afraid of an embarrassing situation." She isn't! She's delightful.

I thought Andrew Scott's episode of "Black Mirror" was the best of the three in the current season.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Was some scene in that episode far beyond the pale for a British drama? It's uncharitable of me, but when Paloma said that I looked at Andrew Scott and thought "over him?"

While I'm sure it's not like this for everyone who sees Fleabag, his character in it is meant to tempt and the writing and acting serve that goal well.  I've liked Andrew Scott before but it wasn't until Fleabag that made me think "dayum" about him. So the couch talking about masturbating to him cracked me up, especially when the one guy wanted to know if he was the only one who hadn't.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

Was some scene in that episode far beyond the pale for a British drama? It's uncharitable of me, but when Paloma said that I looked at Andrew Scott and thought "over him?"

As in all things erotic/non-erotic, context is everything. The Fleabag context is, erm, effective.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1