Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Stranded (Bay City, TX)

What a study in contrasts: the douchebag who couldn't shift himself to help out the woman he just had sex with and brags about it, and the woman who makes the whole porch shake as she recounts her rape, just to help out someone she didn't even know.

• Love 5

The douchbag was still bragging about it 24 years later, when he should have grown up a bit and known better. I'm really hoping the grand jury indicts against the Fisting Giant (can't remember his name). I wonder why the first woman he attacked was talked out of pursuing charges against him.

• Love 1

I couldn't believe that ass still acted like that. All these years later, I would expect some remorse.

He did not kill her but his actions led to her being stuck alone in the middle of the night.

I complain about cell phones but I'm always thankful to have it when I need it.

• Love 2

I couldn't believe the police didn't go after Cecil the giant the next day!  I understand small town police and all that but he was in the parking lot with Alma within the hour of the sexual assault of the other victim in the park.  They had that information to present to Kelly, and that he had a gun.  It seems like they just weren't that interested at the time.

• Love 1

I am glad they caught the suspect, but wow-they seem to have had evidence at the time and didn't get an arrest. I hope for the daughters sake they finally are able to put him in jail permanently. It was a definite trip to the seedy side of life. I like that they focus on people who otherwise wouldn't get a lot of publicity for their cases.

• Love 1

I like that they focus on people who otherwise wouldn't get a lot of publicity for their cases.

This. That the cases are often about people of color, or poor people, or marginalized, really impresses me. Good on ye, show.

I'm not a huggy person, but if Kelly Siegler came up to me and said "Gimme a hug," boy, I'd hug her like a boss.

• Love 2

I couldn't believe the police didn't go after Cecil the giant the next day!

I think there was some good ole boy, wink wink, nudge nudge going on, at the time.

And remember the assault victim said she was pressured to drop the charges.

I hope that they told the current police what the victim's daughter had been told, about their mother being a prostitute.

And was their father dead?  I thought that the parents were divorced, and I wondered why  dad wasn't helping to support the kids, especially after Alma was killed.

I believe Cecil did it, but like a lot of their cases, the evidence all seems circumstantial.

• Love 2

Even if the victim wasn't taking money for sex, it sounds like she was promiscuous--the "security guard" talked like she was something of a fixture at the motel--so the cops probably thought she got what she deserved.. And it probably didn't help things that she wasn't a real 'Merican.

Oh man, I love Kelly and Yolanda sooooo much. Hey, PTV, how about a tribute to these real-life lady badasses?!

I can't believe Mr Fister had a wife that stuck up for him.  Why Why Why?  He was so tall he had to be so intimidating to all those women he abused.  I truly hope he gets convicted.

I can't believe Mr Fister had a wife that stuck up for him.  Why Why Why?

That's fairly common. If you're with a person who abuses (or who is alleged to abuse others if not you), there's a reflex to paint them in a good light. To admit they're horrible while you're still connected to them casts a bad light on you. Your judgment, your choices, your place in the social order. This isn't just among intimate partners; look at all the unrelated people that stuck up for (and still do) Jerry Sandusky.