Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E24: Hewa ka lima (The Hand is at Fault)

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, Mittengirl said:

I thought Joey Lawrence played the guy that took Lou’s daughter hostage?

No, that was 1 of the recently professionally reunited Jonas brothers. It was Nick Jonas (who has Broadway acting cred, by the way). He’s the brother who recently married Bollywood & Quantico actress Priyanka Chopra (now Priyanka Chopra Jonas)—I think she also had a role in a recent movie that was part of a big movie franchise, but I can’t remember which it is/was. Nick played a computer hacker called Ian Wright that the team ran up against in 2 eps of S4 (originally when McGarrett & Grover were partnered by Governor Denning to serve him with a notice about multiple unpaid parking tickets, among others with unpaid fines, tickets, etc., I think), including the finale (where he kidnapped Grover’s daughter Samantha).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.
(edited)

Major vehicle crash/rollover with NO AIRBAGS ACTIVATED, and no injuries.  Oh, I forgot the viewing public are morons.

Edited by preeya
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Jonas Brother, Lawrence Brother - Close enough; I knew it was some interchangeable famous brother.  Has Andrew been on this season?

This would seem like an all-hands-on-deck kind of crime, but Danny was off somewhere, Lou was chasing down an alleged pastry criminal, and Steve was battling it out with just Adam, Jerry and the Bobbsey Twins.  Admittedly, this case was in Jerry’s wheelhouse, but it still seems strange that Lou was given the go-ahead to essentially take the day off.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

it still seems strange that Lou was given the go-ahead to essentially take the day off.

Was he even given the "go-ahead"? Was there a scene/mention of him calling in saying "I need the day off"? Did Steve/anyone mention Lou being off, or, technically, are they still waiting for Lou to come in and just figure he's really late coming to work?

I recall Lou and Steve talking on the phone at some point and Lou saying something to the effect of “call me if you need me”.  But I could be mistaken.

I didn’t hear anything about Danny, though.

9 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

Jonas Brother, Lawrence Brother - Close enough; I knew it was some interchangeable famous brother.  Has Andrew been on this season?

This would seem like an all-hands-on-deck kind of crime, but Danny was off somewhere, Lou was chasing down an alleged pastry criminal, and Steve was battling it out with just Adam, Jerry and the Bobbsey Twins.  Admittedly, this case was in Jerry’s wheelhouse, but it still seems strange that Lou was given the go-ahead to essentially take the day off.

TV Guide says Andrew was in the Halloween episode this season.

Damn it, Junior and Tani made me cry again. I'm becoming that elderly lady at the diner bothering other patrons by saying, "oh you're such a nice young couple. May you have many years of happiness ahead of you." Which they won't if for no other reason that Junior's dad is going to kill him after he finds out what he said at the parole hearing.

Good thing the hit men didn't have two RPGs. Sucks to be whoever was in the car that got blown up when Tani made a hard left.

I'm glad there was a close up of the bakery tag so I could see that this otherworldly pastry they've been talking about is Kouign Amann, which I will forget pretty soon and only be able to remember as Kofi Annan. I've seen it described as a caramelized croissant, a cross between a croissant and a palmier, and I would also say it sounds a little like a cronut, which I'm sad aren't trendy anymore, because those were so good and now I don't see them sold anywhere. Anyway, a Kouign Amman is basically butter with some sugar and dough attached. And if Flipper was selling them wholesale without Percy knowing it, then what did Percy think was happening to the no doubt tens of dozens of pastries that were disappearing unaccounted for. No wonder Lou doesn't want to give him any money. Percy's not a thinker.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 11:55 AM, Mittengirl said:

Lou was chasing down an alleged pastry criminal

That's why you have Five-0. Nepotism at its finest. Go to Chicago to torture someone because you might think they killed your friend? Sure. 

Someone comes to Five-0 about a national security threat? You can punch them out. 

Agency turf wars is such a tired trope, though I did like Steve pulling a Columbo. 

I actually liked the whole Toast/hacker plot line, so revisiting this character was ok with me. I like the topic too. Cyberwar is rather timely. 

I like how the restaurant is wildly successful. 

Who wrote the A-plot? It seemed sharper than usual. The B-plot was dumb. I'm so sick of having the characters bicker. 

You have an office?! That's not the key takeaway.

Also, ha ha, 'Five 0 hospitality'. 

Edited by ganesh
(edited)

So Five-0 can literally arrest anyone on the island? I can't imagine they can yank a CEO into the blue room without a court order. 

That was actually a cool car chase and stunt with the crash. Even though Steve's plan was ridiculously stupid, destroyed property, and nearly got them killed. 

Edited by ganesh
On 5/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, ganesh said:

That's why you have Five-0. Nepotism at its finest. Go to Chicago to torture someone because you might think they killed your friend? Sure. 

Someone comes to Five-0 about a national security threat? You can punch them out. 

Agency turf wars is such a tired trope, though I did like Steve pulling a Columbo. 

I actually liked the whole Toast/hacker plot line, so revisiting this character was ok with me. I like the topic too. Cyberwar is rather timely. 

I like how the restaurant is wildly successful. 

Who wrote the A-plot? It seemed sharper than usual. The B-plot was dumb. I'm so sick of having the characters bicker.

You have an office?! That's not the key takeaway.

Also, ha ha, 'Five 0 hospitality'. 

I don’t know who wrote which plot(s), specifically, but the episode was written by Paul Grellong & Sean O’Reilly. Paul is a Co-Executive Producer & has written or co-written at least 4 eps this season; Sean has been a writer (& maybe a producer) since S7.