Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: The Brockton College Killer

• Start Topic

Episode Description:

When a frozen corpse is discovered in the woods, the Task Force is drawn into the investigation of an old case that has gained notoriety due to a popular true crime podcast. Meanwhile, Red visits Dom Wilkinson for help making a difficult decision, and Ressler makes a discovery about Katarina Rostova's past.

Note: This is the 1st hour of yet another 2 hour "event" (according to the NBC promo weasels).

[Interior: FBI Interview Room]

Ressler: Are you Katarina Rostova?

Unidentified Woman: Yes.

Ressler: There is another lady down the hall saying the same thing. Why are you lying to me?

Unidentified Woman: Maybe we are both telling the truth

• Love 3

Good for Dembe to leave Red on his terms ( I hope he's not off the show). Elizabeth was on pins and needles for what Red would do to him. Meanwhile, Dembe spent the time getting spirtual, calmly packing his bags and getting his affairs in order.

Kimberly Owens has some serious strength to move those bodies.

After years in prison, poor guy finally gets a girl and she turns out to be psycho. 

Ressler catches a guy following him, tried to act tough, the man punches him and gets away with it! 

• Love 3

It's a good thing that there was an alternate suspect almost immediately after McCaffery was arrested, as every bit of evidence that Ressler and Keen found in the cabin would be inadmissible due to the non-warrant search. 

As soon as the hot makeout session started, I knew that she was the one. Then the guy finds the meat mallet and, instead of laying her out on the floor and running, he goes into the standard television expose' of 'why did you do it?'

All that liquid nitrogen gone to waste.  It could have been pressurizing some kegs of Guinness Stout.

Could anyone make out the destination on Dembe's ticket? I laughed when the gate was designated as 'TBD'.

• Love 1

I liked the Blacklister this week.  Nice change from recent ones, but thought the odds of her pulling off all that by herself were pretty slim. Like, how did she get that ice statue in her car and position it without breaking it? Those ice statues were a cool departure from the bloody mess.

I foresee Red and Dembe patching things up. 

I was waiting for the guy to hit the podcaster with the meat mallet and end up back in jail.

Edited by Neiman
  • Love 2
(edited)

The Brockton College Killer is no. 92.  Sure whatever.

Unless that woman has removed from a liquid nitrogen 2 minutes ago, a body warms up pretty quickly so there's no way she breaks apart like that from being tipped over unless the killer had just left the scene.  And she had to have been frozen in the standing position, since you couldn't pose her AFTER the freezing process.  And how was the body dropped off without leaving any car tracks nearby ?  I'm even more curious how the killer got into the victim's dorm room so quickly.  So, yeah, this episode is bullshit from the get go.  Where do they find the writers for this show ?  Because this episode just confirms that they are terrible at their jobs.

Red's look of angst when Lizzie told him the truth about who ratted him out to the police was pretty funny.  He looked more like he was constipated.

And Lizzie is all weepy when Red tells her that he was "on to her" the entire time. Because she cares about him.  FFS !!

Hold on -- Lizzie said 3 women went missing in 2013, but the podcaster says it was 5 girls went missing in 2013.  I know the police are incompetent in this show, but how did they manger to miss 2 murders with the same MO as 3 other murders.  How many bodies dipped in liquid nitrogen have been showing up at Brockton College, just to be ignored ?

Of course the podcaster was the killer .... and she did it for love.  That old chestnut.
She really did like her meat tenderizer -- would have helped for Kimberley to monologue about why she used that as her weapon of choice.  She explained the freezer, but not the weapon.  And she was apparently super strong, just like all fictional killers.  P90 is really paying off for her.

According to his plane ticket, Dembe is off to Cairo, Egypt on April 4, 2019.  I can't believe that he used his own name to book the ticket, because Red will be able to track him.

So many questions answered ... only not so much.  The so-called "reveals" this episode we, the viewers, already knew -- only Lizzie didn't know.  Because Lizzie is just not that bright.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

every bit of evidence that Ressler and Keen found in the cabin would be inadmissible due to the non-warrant search. 

I wondered about a warrant too, but couldn't they say they were justified breaking into the cabin because they "heard someone in distress?" Then found the freezer contents by accident while saving the imagined victim. At least I've seen that work on other tv shows.

• LOL 1

I watched the episodes out of order and actually found this episode to be more enjoyable for it. Knowing who Red was adds a good layer of depth to his conversations with Brian Dennehy.

Aram has certainly grown a pair since Samar left. I liked his banter with Ressler about Pac Man. Old Aram would have asked if he could keep the quarters so he could pay Mr. Reddington back.

Dembe can't forgive Red now? One of us is confused, Dembe and I think it's you. I suppose it is necessary so you can show up at some appropriately dramatic moment in the season finale.

Why is it that whenever someone is frozen with liquid nitrogen they always break into pieces? When I take a pork chop out and it's frozen solid I can't bust it into pieces just by touching it.

• LOL 1
On 4/27/2019 at 11:27 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

According to his plane ticket, Dembe is off to Cairo, Egypt on April 4, 2019.  I can't believe that he used his own name to book the ticket, because Red will be able to track him.

Admiral Akbar: It's a trap!!!!!!

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, dwmarch said:

When I take a pork chop out and it's frozen solid I can't bust it into pieces just by touching it.

LOL because I just got done hacking a stack of frozen ribs apart so I could cook a few. It took me forever, and I was considering getting a hammer and chisel. If they had been frozen via liquid nitrogen I guess I could have just tapped them and gotten the ones I was after.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:43 AM, Dowel Jones said:

As soon as the hot makeout session started, I knew that she was the one. Then the guy finds the meat mallet and, instead of laying her out on the floor and running, he goes into the standard television expose' of 'why did you do it?'

On 4/27/2019 at 8:54 AM, Neiman said:

I was waiting for the guy to hit the podcaster with the meat mallet and end up back in jail.

Yes, if he had knocked her out with the meat mallet, that would just confirm the belief that he was the original killer.

How did the Russians know that Ressler was trying to run Dom's fingerprints?  I thought the prints on the quarters didn't match anyone.

• Love 1