Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Never Doubt I Love

Dee
  • Start Topic

It's a special day for Jamal and Kai, but drama might ruin it when AUSA's Meghan Conway continues to pursue the Lyons by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Damon shows up, threatening to expose Cookie's secret; Teri confides in Cookie, sharing a big secret; and Andre asks Lucious for help with a life-altering task.

18 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Chaka Khan!!!

She was the best part of the wedding.

I am not a Kai/Jamal fan, so this being Jamal's swan song is appropriate giving what he has gone through with men and craving his father's approval and love. He got both tonight and I bid Jamal adieu.

• Love 4

I rarely comment on this show, though it is one of my guilty pleasures, but tonight was just a really good episode to me.

Andre needs to get either Jamal or Kai's hearts, imo. They do it on soaps all the time.

Jamel can die a hero saving his brother and it would create some meaty future storylines.

Or if it was Kai, that would also give them a great excuse to keep Jamel off screen as he would be in mourning and struggling to deal with the idea of Andre having his husband's heart. 

Of course they could go with someone else entirely, but I do hope Dre is sticking around.

And I am still convinced it's Mama Hag, aka Lucious' mom in the casket. That witch just needs to die, I don't think she can add anything to the show anymore. 

Thirsty so thoroughly owned that Fed lady, he really is one of the best figures on the show.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Dee said:

That was GORGEOUS.

It was. Becky looked beautiful in that pink, Chaka Khan was fantastic (natch), and the church was stunning. "Y'all better sit down and eat your rice. We making history in this bitch!"

Is Trai Byers leaving the show or what? All this messing with Andre's health ...

• Love 2

If I remember correctly in the flash forward with Lucious by the coffin he says something like that’s my son. That leads me to think it’s Kingsley in the coffin and his heart went to Andre 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Becky looked beautiful in that pink,

I will forever love this show for NEVER making Gabby's size an issue, and for having Becky consistently be (other than early season 1) one of the best dressed characters on the entire show.

• Love 6

Was not feeling this episode and FF through most of it.  I usually re-watch, but it seems other than the wedding, not much happened.  I have never enjoyed attending weddings or even watching them on TV.

2 hours ago, milner said:

If I remember correctly in the flash forward with Lucious by the coffin he says something like that’s my son. That leads me to think it’s Kingsley in the coffin and his heart went to Andre 

I remember that and actually I always thought that they were planning to have Andre die, since he has always seemed to be the show's scapegoat about everything.

Then Jussie, well...all that stuff happened and I think that they're now changing direction about who to keep and who to get rid of. 

I think it'd be smarter for them to keep Kingsley now and Dre, and just send Jamel off to the great beyond having saved Andre's life. 

I am really ready for Jamel to go, honestly, not just because of the Jussie scandal but because I don't care for the character and find him boring and tedious. Plus, if he goes then Kai can kick rocks as well and that would also be great  heh, I have no use for either of them.

I'd also rather see Kingsley figure out his Lyon roots than have to put up with more of Jamel warbling and feeling morally compromised about every little damn thing. 

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Love 5

Oh yeah, Kinglsey is gonna die, and give Andre his heart, so he can be the heart of the family. I can see it all happening now. Really, it works for me, I will be super pissed if Andre really does die. 

Really nice episode, I thought all the wedding stuff was really lovely (and Becky should host ALL weddings clearly) and it seems like a good way to end Jamal's character. He finally finds a guy who wants to put a ring on it, and while Kai isnt my favorite, they do have a lot of chemistry, and it also gives him some closure on he and Lucious`s complicated relationship. Lucious is never going to fully "get" Jamal when it comes to his sexuality, but he still loves and supports him as best he can. 

Lucious saying he has "moral issues" with Jamal being gay is just so hilariously hypocritical, its amazing. Like, maybe say that over the dozen or so corpses you put in the morgue, Lucious. 

Thirsty owning that smug fed lady was awesome. Dont try to fight a fucker, FBI lady. 

Chaka Khan!!!

• Love 5

I loved Hakeem being quietly mature about Devon & Tiana's relationship.

He's also exhibited considerable restraint by not jumping Maya's bones yet.

19 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

Ihirsty so thoroughly owned that Fed lady, he really is one of the best figures on the show.

When FBI lady said she was going to come to the wedding to speak with all the Lyons, I would have said "Please do" then shove a harassment suit in her face and get her kicked off the case.

3 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

I'd also rather see Kingsley figure out his Lyon roots than have to put up with more of Jamel warbling and feeling morally compromised about every little damn thing. 

+1000

• Love 1