Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

While I will grant that Matt wasn't demonstrably drunk all the time in the early seasons... 

I don't recall seeing Matt ever look or act at all intoxicated on the show.  Amy with Chris at times and when out with her girlfriends, however, or in those cooking videos...  Guess it's her turn to bend an elbow!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, all4mom2 said:

I don't recall seeing Matt ever look or act at all intoxicated on the show.

You may want to watch some of the earlier episodes. There's a few where it was pretty clear he'd had a little too much. In fact in the second Bahamas trip episode it's actually referenced that way, Zach fought with Matt and Amy tells Zach not to be upset over what Matt said the night prior in the fight because "he'd had a little too much". There's also an episode where he's at a work conference where he was holding a drink on his scooter and having a little difficulty steering. And you know, the whole DUI odyssey. Or the reality that at Thanksgiving one year, there were enough empty wine bottles in the barn that "roll pumpkins at wine bottles bowling" was doable for several rounds. 

If we're playing the "seen with alcohol = alcoholic" game, then Matt is one. He's certainly not a teetotaller. 

• Love 4

Well, if he indeed imbibed too much (people do when they're unhappy), he seems not to have let it affect his success in life and appears to have it under control now.  Good job, Matt!

• Love 7

I think it was the cliff hanger for season five or season six. AzChristian

10 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Well, if he indeed imbibed too much (people do when they're unhappy), he seems not to have let it affect his success in life and appears to have it under control now.  Good job, Matt!

Sorry, not applauding functional alcoholism, and I don't care how unhappy he was, his kids didn't deserve his drinking. "If it makes me happy then fuck everyone else" is not a mentality a parent should be applauded for and the kids were still fairly young when they were coping with his behavior. 

• Love 8

No one is qualified to really know anything but we're still allowed to discuss Matt's drinking in the Matt thread. And his not so great employment history at the start of the show and his open admissions, numerous times that he lied to his wife about how much he was spending, and how he often used a national television show to complain about his then wife. 

Or how about the maybe not so great idea to build a second McMansion right when lumber costs are going through the roof?

Meanwhile I still feel bad for Pop and Honey not doing so well. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Absolom said:

He was drunk and passed out in one episode!

Are you talking about the episode when he fell in his office?  I don’t know if he was drunk, he could have been, I don’t know or maybe it was something else. I am aware of the DUI.  I do remember Zach standing around looking dumbfounded while Jeremy and Amy trying to figure out why he fell.  I only remember it because none of them seemed to have any urgency about finding a family member unconscious, so I was thinking is this dude on the floor all the time that nobody is freaking out or even a little concerned or is this a re-enactment of him falling so they already know he’s not hurt.
A clip on youtube

If this wasn’t what you were referring to do you remember what episode he passed out in?

• Love 2

Yes, it was the one where no one seemed to care that Matt was passed out.  A blog post from someone local to them at the time said it was a frequent occurrence and that's why no one was concerned.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Are you talking about the episode when he fell in his office?  I don’t know if he was drunk, he could have been, I don’t know or maybe it was something else. I am aware of the DUI.  I do remember Zach standing around looking dumbfounded while Jeremy and Amy trying to figure out why he fell.  I only remember it because none of them seemed to have any urgency about finding a family member unconscious, so I was thinking is this dude on the floor all the time that nobody is freaking out or even a little concerned or is this a re-enactment of him falling so they already know he’s not hurt.
A clip on youtube

If this wasn’t what you were referring to do you remember what episode he passed out in?

I don’t see how that proves he was passed out drunk… good grief talk about jumping to conclusions 😂

he was talking fine and didn’t sound drunk to me

So anonymous blog posts are to be believed when they’re used to confirm Matt was regularly passed out drunk but we’re not to believe a stripper who provided her stage name and the clubs she works at where Chris was a regular customer…. 🤔

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t see how that proves he was passed out drunk… good grief talk about jumping to conclusions 😂

he was talking fine and didn’t sound drunk to me

So anonymous blog posts are to be believed when they’re used to confirm Matt was regularly passed out drunk but we’re not to believe a stripper who provided her stage name and the clubs she works at where Chris was a regular customer…. 🤔

I don’t know if he was drunk/drinking in this scene, he didn’t appear to be slurring his words or anything as far as I can tell. He could have been drinking, he could have had vertigo, he could have tripped on the junk that was usually on the floor in the house.   If he were drinking at least he was at home and not driving around.  I just wanted to know if there was another scene were he was knocked out.

I still think it was weird because nobody seem to care he was unconscious at some point or still on the floor.  I mean even if he was passed out on the floor multiple times, you’d think they at least pretend to care or call 911.  Maybe they edited that part out, but I always think suppose he didn’t wake up, would they have just left him on the floor and eventually put a carpet over him?  Then again, the Roloffs have some of the oddest reactions I’ve ever seen in certain situations.

You are correct that anybody can write anything on message boards.  I pretty much give them all the same amount of weight, since I don’t know any of these people. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I still think it was weird because nobody seem to care he was unconscious at some point or still on the floor.  I mean even if he was passed out on the floor multiple times, you’d think they at least pretend to care or call 911.  Maybe they edited that part out, but I always think suppose he didn’t wake up, would they have just left him on the floor and eventually put a carpet over him?  Then again, the Roloffs have some of the oddest reactions I’ve ever seen in certain situations. 

I'm thinking he wasn't unconscious, but just dizzy (vertigo); I agree he doesn't sound drunk, and you'd definitely sound drunk if you were about to pass out from alcohol poisoning.  Now that you mention it, this was pretty much the reaction the entire family had to Rocky dying in the yard.  "Oh, wow.  That's so sad." (standing around staring at him)

• Love 7
Just now, all4mom2 said:

I'm thinking he wasn't unconscious, but just dizzy (vertigo); I agree he doesn't sound drunk, and you'd definitely sound drunk if you were about to pass out from alcohol poisoning.  Now that you mention it, this was pretty much the reaction the entire family had to Rocky dying in the yard.  "Oh, wow.  That's so sad." (standing around staring at him)

I think Amy said he was unconscious, but it is Amy so you never know what her word choices might mean, she could have just meant he was on the floor or they edited that part out. BTW their reaction to Rocky was totally what I was thinking of! 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I thought next they would just stand there poking him with sticks saying is it alive!

The first time I saw the show I swore Jeremy kicked him.  I guess that was just me projecting how trifling I think the Roloffs are because I didn’t actually see any of that in the video. So it’s clear, I didn’t think it was like a soccer ball kick, but more like jiggling Matt with his foot, but he didn’t. Sadly, that’s what this show has come down to me thinking well, at least, Jeremy didn’t punt his dad like a football. 😂

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 6
48 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Exactly when someone is so drunk that they pass out they don’t wake up a few minutes later talking perfectly normal, no slurred speech.

• Love 8

If you watch the episodes - it was sort of a two parter, he wasn't terribly clear in his speech and went to lie down and Amy actually walked with him to his bedroom. He had to be sub titled.  Its season 10, episode 1, Little Pain, Little Gain. 

• Love 3

A small comment about Matt's control freakery.

I completely respect his wanting to be with his parents while they are ill (just making the point). 

I don't really understand why construction has to halt on his dream garage. Hear me out. Its all being done by contractors. Matt's not personally building this garage. He's not an architect, he's not a professional carpenter, electrician, roofer, etc. Realistically, his role in building is to write the checks. Why is he stopping construction? He has to be on site and watching?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

A small comment about Matt's control freakery.

I completely respect his wanting to be with his parents while they are ill (just making the point). 

I don't really understand why construction has to halt on his dream garage. Hear me out. Its all being done by contractors. Matt's not personally building this garage. He's not an architect, he's not a professional carpenter, electrician, roofer, etc. Realistically, his role in building is to write the checks. Why is he stopping construction? He has to be on site and watching?

yes sick ego

• Love 3

Why not watch it go up if he can?  I would!

"Checking up on" his parents sounds like a quick visit; not a major caregiving undertaking.  The building is MOSTLY up.  It's a barn - not a house - so nothing needs to happen on the inside (Amish and other teams working together, and Matt praises his, complete a barn-raising in a single day).  I wouldn't worry...  A month and ten days leaves plenty of time.  Another Roloff nail-biter/cliff-hanger!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Why not watch it go up if he can?  I would!

Well, he knows there's a time constraint and its not exactly the Taj Mahal. All4mom2, my small correction is that its a garage made to look like a barn and I am pretty sure that unlike the Amish, Matt will have to build to code, including electricity.

You're kind of making my point about the control freakout - he knows it has to be up by a certain date but he's choosing to shut down the build because he wants to watch.

And if its not done I am absolutely willing to bet his excuse is not "I wanted to watch it go up and thats all that matters". Nope, totally will bet that the "my parents were sick!" card gets thrown with no mention of how all the work is being done by contractors, not Matt personally.

Hopefully it is a short trip but if he's moving Mom and Pop to his AZ place and they're both ill, I kinda doubt it.

• Love 4
(edited)

My point is that while a garage will eventually need electricity, and I'm sure the interior will be completed to perfection ultimately, there's no urgency to finish the interior in time for the wedding.

I don't consider enjoying the fruits of one's labor and taking pleasure in watching a dream become a reality being "a control freak," but YMMV.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Well, from Matt's instagram the exterior build began with the sawing of lumber on site two weeks ago and right now we've got some walls, no roof, and bare plywood everywhere, so the Amish comparison where Matt's putting up a barn in a day already fails, don't you think?

I'm genuinely curious to see how this shakes out. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

I don't consider enjoying the fruits of one's labor and taking pleasure in watching a dream become a reality being "a control freak," but YMMV.

Its a garage, not a home, and he did commit to first, not starting building until after the wedding, and then to completing the garage before the wedding. If he's delaying the build because he has to be on hand to watch and to hell with his obligations, that tells me his need to control everything is a little out of hand. YMMV

• Love 3

He likes to control things, he has that in common with Amy, who is attempting to control every aspect of the wedding and her home with life with her man.  Well, if the building is not done in time that's Amy's problem.  She should have paid for a venue someplace else.  

• Love 11
(edited)

So Matt's allowed to make promises and not keep them and thats everyone else's problem? I mean sure, shitting on Amy is kind of expected and exactly why I thought the wedding on the farm was a bad idea but has Chris - who seems to like the whole idea of the wedding on the farm - done something to deserve this?

Meanwhile it still seems unreasonable to have stopped construction. Its not like Matt is needed to pound nails. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 5

Well, Amy and her man may not like the view but the wedding will take place on the farm. I don't think the construction not being finished will prevent the royal wedding.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I don't think the construction not being finished will prevent the royal wedding.  

Agreed, It's just unfortunate that Matt has to play games like this.  I mean, I am not surprised surprised that Matt is all about Matt but I am a little surprised he apparently doesn't trust his contractors to work without him watching. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Well, Amy and her man may not like the view but the wedding will take place on the farm. I don't think the construction not being finished will prevent the royal wedding.  

You get what you pay for… when u cheap out and have your wedding at your ex husbands farm it’s your own damn fault if things go south and you wind up with a mess.

Amy sits on Instagram with toady Lisa shitting on Matt and Caryn and then expects him to care about her stupid wedding…. When she did that I felt like the gloves are off and Matt can do whatever the hell he wants. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

When she talked about Matt and Caryn not being invited to the wedding, she made such a face and said NO, why would I want my ex and his girlfriend at my wedding.  Well Amy maybe because you are having it free of charge on his farm.  I think they should have been given a courtesy invitation.  If the wedding was at another venue then I can see not inviting them.  Either way they would not attend.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

When she talked about Matt and Caryn not being invited to the wedding, she made such a face and said NO, why would I want my ex and his girlfriend at my wedding.  Well Amy maybe because you are having it free of charge on his farm.  I think they should have been given a courtesy invitation.  If the wedding was at another venue then I can see not inviting them.  Either way they would not attend.

Rude, childish, and - yes - ungrateful.  In other words, typical Amy!

• Love 13
56 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Chris used to be polite but Amy’s childish rude behaviour is rubbing off on him as well… the nerve of that white haired, pot bellied jackass saying “she’s moved on to bigger and better things”…. Bigger MOOBS that’s for sure.. Chris is rivalling Amy for big saggy tits. 

they both deserve to have their ridiculous royal wedding turned into a circus sideshow… Chris can be the bearded lady  🤡 🎪 

• LOL 12

How about when Amy referred to Caryn as Matt's "girlfriend, fiancé, partner or whatever her title is", that was rude.  These 4 people do not need to be socializing for the purpose of this show.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

What is Caryn's correct title? Lover? Girlfriend? Partner?

What was Amy's title in her relationship with Chris before the little heart ring was put on her finger?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

How about when Amy referred to Caryn as Matt's "girlfriend, fiancé, partner or whatever her title is", that was rude.  These 4 people do not need to be socializing for the purpose of this show.

"Cha-Cha or Chi-Chi or whatever her name is."  (also Amy)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

What was Amy's title in her relationship with Chris before the little heart ring was put on her finger?

You tell me :) I recall some really awful terms used. 

To get things on topic - It's good to hear Pop is doing better but it unfortunately sounds fairly serious. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't recall any awful titles, I only remember that some were saying Amy and Chris are in love, but Matt is banging the help.  

Agree about Matt's dad.  Interesting that Zach drove 12 hours with Jackson to check on them too.  Tori and the Bean stayed home.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Exactly… Caryn and Matt have referred to each other as “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” for a long time like Amy and Chris were “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” but Amy just can’t resist being a rude little shit.

she should concentrate on her complexion and see if someone can help her get rid of her truffle pig face 🐷 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I only remember that some were saying Amy and Chris are in love, but Matt is banging the help.  

Whats incorrect about that? Caryn was getting a paycheck for being the farm manager while Matt was smooching her on camera and telling the public he was in love. 

Isn't there an entire thread for Amy's rudeness? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

My point was Amy could have just said girlfriend or friend.  

Yes, but then Lisa would have had to jump in and say something rude for her. 

(This is Amy's rudeness specifically as it relates to Matt and Caryn.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

And Matt and Caryn are never rude? Because they often are. And Amy does believe Matt and Caryn had an affair prior to the divorce which neither Matt or Caryn will address... or deny. Except when Matt intimates that Amy is leaving things out and then refuses to mention what those things are. And when your answer to "was Amy correct about you having an affair" and your answer isn't "no" but "well, she left some things out".... what does that say?

• Love 4