Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Steps Challenge

Corporate presents a challenge between the store's branches.

Hysterical! An instant classic for me. Did you all notice the Cloud 9 workers furiously stepping in the background of each scene? Of course all Mateo needed was being told corporate might think he was average to light a fire under his ass.

Another one of Amy's stupid schemes, but at least it made for a great episode. I love that they were given knockoff Fitbits instead of the name brand. I, too, am obsessed with getting steps.

• Love 14

Was there even a B-plot in this episode? I can't remember one if there was, which is excellent since the A-plot involved absolutely everyone and was stellar.

Mateo was absolutely adorable with his teeny-tiny speed steps. And do we know the employee who attached the fitbit to the walking toy? I think it might've just been a day player but that was awesome. 

We never did learn who won, did we?

• Love 6

Interesting that Cheyenne was absent this episode, but Isaac (played by Steve Agee) was there. I imagine they can't afford to pay everyone for every episode and I notice a lot of these players are more recurring than regular but I thought Cheyenne had been bumped up to regular this season. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

Interesting that Cheyenne was absent this episode, but Isaac (played by Steve Agee) was there. I imagine they can't afford to pay everyone for every episode and I notice a lot of these players are more recurring than regular but I thought Cheyenne had been bumped up to regular this season. 

She's definitely a series regular and may have had time off for any number of reasons, it wouldn't have been about money this time

• Love 2

I actually felt it was another relatively weak episode. As always, Dina was really the best part for me. Like when they were trying to rationalize Matteo crossing the highway and Dina said "there aren't really that many cars on the highway this time of day anyway." Then finding out he was clipped by a Kia. Also, Marcus blaming his date not sleeping with him on the rival store.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2019 at 4:32 PM, gesundheit said:

She's definitely a series regular and may have had time off for any number of reasons, it wouldn't have been about money this time

It might be about money in a way. A series regular isn't necessarily under contract for every episode, and a major reason why an actor is a series regular without appearing every week is the casting budget. Of course there are other reasons like you say, and unless someone says something we'll never know, but money should never be ruled out when speculating about why anything happens on television.

• Love 2

"Sandra...maybe take your ten minutes now?"

I thought that was hilarious, loved how increasingly everything kept escalating after the inner store false flag operation, every shot of cloud nine employees furiously stepping in the background, I was cracking up. 

The little mechanical dog with the step counter on was hilarious and adorable. 

• Love 2