Type keyword(s) to search

The Karate Kid (1984)

magicdog
  • Start Topic

35 years, ughhhhhh 😮  I also saw it in the theaters back then.

Thanks for this - it is showing near me so I will probably see it.    I agree about Cobra Kai, it was great!

• Love 3

I loved this film as a Kid. I am still a fan to this day. 

Daniel could be a real jerk though and wow in the 3rd movie could have slapped him.

William Zabka a great 80's jerk.  Still he made Johnny an interesting character not just an average movie bully.

Great soundtrack as well. 

Who could ever forget Mr. Miyagi he was great. Love in Part 2 when he goes back home. It was nice of Daniel to go with him.  Pat Morita brought such heart and soul to the character. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

William Zabka a great 80's jerk.  Still he made Johnny an interesting character not just an average movie bully.

That's because he wasn't the villain, he was an antagonist.  The movie made the wise choice of having Kreese be the true villain.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jediknight said:

That's because he wasn't the villain, he was an antagonist.  The movie made the wise choice of having Kreese be the true villain.

I haven't checked out the Cobra Kai series on Youtube Red which updates the lives of the characters but the reviews have been fantastic. 100 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, 8.9 rating on IMDB. The trailer:

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jediknight said:

Yes. Still Zabka was a jerk in Just One of the Guys.  

Cobra Kai is a great show I just wish it wasn't on You Tube. Too many streaming services. Cant get all of them. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Yes. Still Zabka was a jerk in Just One of the Guys.  

And the villain a year later in Back to School. He found a niche.

Patton Oswalt wrote "The Johnny Lawrence Story" which connected them all together:

And a music video of the "William Zabka Trilogy":

• Love 1

I really loved the Karate Kid and particularly loved the second film.

Someone made this hilarious video pushing the idea that Daniel was the real villain.

How I Met Your Mother’s Barney’s love of The Karate Kid and his belief that Zabka was the real hero was so much fun especially when Ralph Macchio and Zabka appeared on the show.  Zabka ended up a recurrent guest star as part of Barney’s circle of friends in the final season.

• LOL 3