Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Polygamists in a Shark Tank

• Start Topic

1. It would be so much easier to get behind anything they're doing with their business if the very concept of the business were not so, so, so very fundamentally (no pun intended) stupid.  I realize this has been said before, but what the fuck is the market for plig-themed jewelry??  Honestly if they were hawking toaster ovens shaped like sharks I would find myself more squarely in their corner.

2. I actually think Kody is sort of right in that he's not really the "decision maker" for the family.  I think that to the extent that anyone is, Kody is (cf. the Vegas move), but it's not unilateral.  Someone made the wise observation on TWOP way back when that it seems like the only way these marriages could "work" (i.e. function) would be if there's someone who's the final arbiter/decision-maker, and that can't really be any of the wives, so it needs to be the husband.  I do not buy into the whole "man should be head of household" nonsense AT ALL, but purely from an organizational perspective, this seems to make sense in a plural marriage.  The problem with this family is that it does everything by committee, and it's really hard to effectively run a family or a business that way.  Then again, Kody is an idiot Man Child, so maybe they'd be in even worse shape if he were making decisions.   

3. To the extent that I care about this business plot at all, man, they suck at this.

4. What the hell is all over Robyn's shirt in the talking heads?  Paramecia?  Vaginas?

5. Who are these 500 people who are purchasing their joorey???

6. I don't know anything about professional therapy so perhaps someone can enlighten me, but is it really a therapist's job to help you with your business plan?

Being a Sister Wife to Robyn would be about as rewarding as a root canal. Actually, less so. At least with the root canal the problem would go away.

Actually I had a root canal that led to an infection and a couple of years later I had to have an extraction and now I'm missing a rear tooth!  Hmm...Too bad they can't extract Robyn.

• Love 4

Drinking game for this episode -- take a drink every time Kody says "basically."  He sounded like the idiot he is.  Christine surprised me, in a good way.  She at least seemed to know what she wanted to say.

If they had $180,000 in sales, I wonder what the expenses were.  Probably $181,000.

I guess Kody's ego prevented him from using a prompter. Too bad he can't use one to choose the right wife.

Who the hell is buying that crap? Kody said they have their product in retail outlets with an "s"; I thought it was just in Guilt in outer Vegas.

That "s" must be for Salvation Army Stores.

God I would have smacked Meri repeatedly.  She makes drama out of literally everything.  Instead of walking on eggshells around her, I'd be throwing eggs at her. 

That's what I want to do to Kody when he screws up his face into those phony " concerned " looks. Wives, enjoy it as it's the only time he's listening to you.

• Love 1

By the way.....they hired (I'm assuming the guy was paid) a "consultant" to advise them -- however, his role seemed mostly to be the audience while they practiced their pitch.

IMO instead of this court jester, they should have thrown a couple of bucks in for a focus groups opinion. No shame to that. I've participated answering qustions

onlnie & in malls for some products everyone would know.