Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Polygamists in a Shark Tank

• Start Topic

I suspect that the sales they have made have been from themselves and the production company -- with an option to return 95% of what they "bought" after 6 months.  The same way publishers game the best seller lists.

It was jaw droppingly impressive how deluded Kody was.  "Help us build our empire!" 

I belong to a national club and we had a fundraiser selling those jelly/rubber wrist bands.  Made a hell of a lot of money on them, too -- from members and people wanting to contribute.  I think they were $2.00 ea.

If MSWC sold those cheap bracelets stamped "Team Meri" "Team Janelle" "Team Robyn" "Team Christine" and "Team Truely" they'd make more money in a week than they have in 2 years.  They'd also gain some insight, I suspect.  If they had a sense of humor they could add "Team Wetbar."

But they don't get the joke, and therefore they're missing translating goof inspections of their website into actual sales. 

• Love 13

Robin's personality is so grating.  She speaks for others, interrupts everyone (especially Cody), thinks she knows it all and continues to believe she is all that when clearly she is not.  By looking at her choice of drab clothing & overall dull appearance, it's clear she has no taste in what looks appealing so I didn't understand how she could have the skills to be designing her "joowry" line & make the jewelry appealing and attractive for sales incentives.  Then I looked at the website and realized she doesn't have that skill.  Has anyone seen the mens' watches!?  They look very cheap and are terrible in every way possible.

It seems like her pointed chin is growing, because it is now even closer in range to her pointed hooked nose.  Think wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz...the resemblance is uncanny.   

• Love 3

Upfront disclosure: I don't know a lot about finance, but.... I thought what the Browns were saying was that they were asking for a $2.5 million loan, which would be "secured" (so to speak) by giving the lenders a right to receive 20% of the profits of their business. I don't think we ever heard what their estimate was of the company's value ($12,500,000 or otherwise).

That isn't my take at all. When they met with the two investor friends last week, the guy told them that they would have to give up a percentage of their business in order to get an investor. That is what an investor does - invests in a business. By investing they in turn both get a percentage of the business which is ongoing,(unless otherwise specified)  and their investment paid back. If they wanted 2.5 million for 20%, then the Browns are saying their business is worth 12.5 million, if they are giving up 20% for 2.5 million.

The ask at 2.5 million was ridiculous, but even more so if they would expect someone to give them 2.5 million based on 'securing' that money with a paltry 20% of their profits, which at most would be less than $37,000. That is assuming their $181,000 number for last year was net and not before expenses.

I wish they would have appeared on the show Shark Tank. If for no other reason, on there they would have been asked, how much does it cost to make each piece, how much do you sell each piece for, etc. I'd like to know those answers along with where are your products made and how much money have they invested so far.

And when Robyn said she couldn't wrap her head around why Meri feels she wants to do this, I felt my disdain for her growing.

THIS! I wanted to reach through my TV and strangle her! Geez Robyn, why do you think? Meri has one kid who is now gone, can't have any more kids, has at best a 1/4 of a 'husband', and three sister wives who think she should spend the rest of her life living through them.  Run Meri, run.

• Love 1
(edited)

OK, their jewelry is hideous.  Laughably bad.  I might actually order some as a joke, but most of it doesn't even have anything to signify that it is Sister Wives merch.  The poster upthread who mentioned selling "Team Janelle", etc. bands had a great idea.  They might actually make a couple hundred thousand off of that for virtually nothing and pay down some of the mortgages.  How that idiot Robyne ever imagined they could make a living off this trash is laughable.  They all clearly have NO sense of refined taste.  Just look at the decoration of their homes for one thing.  Why would I go to them to buy something that is 'fashion'?  Why are they all so weepy all the time?  Meri is on TV in front of millions for years now, but she's breaking down in tears over talking in front of 4 of 5 people?  And Robyne with the constant crying----what I wouldn't pay to see Janelle whip out a fire hose and blast her in the face the next time she starts blubbering...."I'll give you something to cry about bitch".....

I was impressed with Christine.  I think she is sweet and can be enthusiastic about things that she gets interested in.  With the right man she might thrive and actually improve herself.  Still don't understand what Janelle is doing there.  I feel like she thinks no man would ever want her and somehow she got Kody and thinks that's the best she can do.  I like her but sometimes the coldness and lack of emotion wears on me.

For some reason I love the name "My Sisterwife's Closet".  For some reason it conjures images in my mind of Kody in drag.....

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Love 3
(edited)

This has to be scripted. Can any group of people be so delusional about anything? Why in the HALE did Meri need to have ANOTHER breakdown when told she had to give a presentation. She could have easily said no and give the info to one of the others to present.

Seriously, WTF?

I hope they are paying that consultant.

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 1

The poster upthread who mentioned selling "Team Janelle", etc. bands had a great idea.  They might actually make a couple hundred thousand off of that for virtually nothing and pay down some of the mortgages.

Who would be their target customers?  Certainly not their viewers.  I can't see me wearing a "Team Janelle" band and having someone ask me who Janelle is.  I'd be embarrassed to have them think I'm that invested in the life of some reality show participant that I've never met.  It reminds me of Chilltown (Will and Boogie from Big Brother) having a professional photo taken of themselves and selling them to Big Brother fans.  I always snickered at the thought of anyone hanging a picture of these two reality show guys on their walls. 

• Love 1

There wasn't anything in the pictures in their presentation that I couldn't buy at any Claires or Target store, or at Kohls. And I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. If they did go on the real Shark Tank, they would be informed that the jewelry business is hugely oversaturated. I'm guessing that TLC hired these "investors."

Robyn is raising 4 minor children and she still has time for the business. Meri has no minor children, but can't help with the business at the same time she takes a few college classes? I can't wait for the episode where Meri hires a housekeeper because she doesn't have time to dust her huge house.

I would totally buy a bracelet that said Team Wetbar.

• Love 4

I was distracted by the giant cylinder of muck Kody seemed to have at every table he was sitting at.  Was that the unhealthy "health" pyramid scheme drink they are involved with.  That cylinder wasn't exactly a glass.  It looked like it had a solid top.  I kept trying to figure out how one would drink from it.

Does it bug anyone else how Meri says she's "going back to college", instead of saying she's going back to "school".  I keep expecting her to say "school", and then she says "college" and it sounds so awkward to me.

Thank you!  I thought I must be the only viewer in the world who noticed these two things.  That drink thingy was just confusing and Meri saying "going back to college" instead of just saying "school" reminded me of all the references to "these homes" while their houses were being built!

• Love 1

I'm sure the $2.5M breaks down this way:

$1.8M for mortgages

$100K for a web designer/host

$100K for jewelry artist to redesign inventory

$500K for existing debt

I actually think that's exactly right. I feel like they want the $2.5M so they can pay themselves a salary to work on the business. Because it's just so distracting to them to have to worry about how to pay the bills, they can't possibly also focus on their business. When asked why they wanted $2.5M, didn't Christine say that they didn't want to ask for more because it may make them unmotivated or lazy. That would make no sense to someone who actually wanted to grow their business, because if you have more capital to invest, you are working your ass off to grow your business.

I took another random tour of the MSWC site (gotta keep those hit numbers up!) and things are just as lame as always. First, those flash graphics are SO AWFUL. If there must be flowers popping up and photos jumping around, can't they at least use a fade-in/fade-out to prevent the goofy, twitchy factor. Second, pretty much EVERY PAGE has grammar and/or punctuation errors. = tacky. On the customer service page:

At our sole discretion after 30 calendar days, we may offer an exchange, store credit or refund. Items must be in “new, unaltered and unused condition”.

1. Never, never, never use quote marks for emphasis. By slapping them around this verbiage, you have essentially said that the items don't actually have to be in new, unaltered and unused condition.

2. In the U.S., periods and commas go inside the quote marks at the end of a sentence. Always.

This is pretty basic stuff; I teach it in freshman comp classes. Maybe after Meri gets an education, she can fix the egregious and slipshod copy on the site.

• Love 6
Robyn is raising 4 minor children and she still has time for the business. Meri has no minor children, but can't help with the business at the same time she takes a few college classes? I can't wait for the episode where Meri hires a housekeeper because she doesn't have time to dust her huge house.

Meri said she would still help with the business, it is Robyn who keeps insisting it is MSWC or nothing. Robyn seems terrified at the idea that someone could actually want to better themselves and not be her assistant/nanny. Why can't Robyn pay some of the teenagers to do some of the work? There can't be that much work considering the number of orders they get. And what the hell does Kody do? Does he do anything at all?

I also can't fault Meri for being scared to speak in public. Fear of public speaking is the number one fear in the world and I know plenty of people who would be/are terrified to talk in front of even a small group. I also think it made no sense for the person who does the shipping to have to say anything anyway, they should have had one or two prepared speakers and that's it.

• Love 3

Kody apparently made a derogatory tweet about that woman's "unprofessional" cleavage. This from the guy whose hair looks like he skinned it off a roadkill yak. Glass houses, KB. Glass houses.

Interesting!  I'm going to assume if Kody is making rude comments about one of the investors, the Brown's did not get the money they were hoping for.  I also find it interesting that $2.5 million is right around the same amount it would take to pay off the 4 new houses in Vegas.  Perhaps they assumed they'd get the homes paid for and then when their Jewelry company didn't make it the investor's would have to sue to recoup their money.  This would buy the Brown's at least a few more years in those home.  Watching them pitch their investment reminded me of a 6th grade class completing an assignment to create, market, and find investor's for a pretend company.  Epic fail!

I think the Brown's would be better off getting other polygamy housewives to sell their stuff at home parties similar to Silpada.  After all, that's their market, not 18 to 50 year old but other polygamists.

• Love 3

Wow I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the idea of the 'Team Meri', Team Wetbar' etc idea!!  I bet if they put a running total on the bottom of how many were purchased they would get people to buy even more to bolster their favorites and stick it to ones they dislike.  I could see them involving their fans on twitter..."Come on, Team Robin is getting crushed by Team Wetbar.  Help a sista out!"

• Love 3

Oh, my lord, there are no words. First I have to find my eyeballs – I was rolling them so often that they are somewhere in the back of my head.

This entire group is in dire need of a smack upside the head (or maybe their therapist should write a prescription for electroshock therapy) to return them to the real world.  All five are a danger to society with the fantasy planet they inhabit. 

Some of the most ludicrous statements ever spoken were part of the dialog tonight.  “Everything we touch turns to gold.”  What the hell are you talking about?  Name one single that that is golden?  Name one single success.

“I can’t (gasp, cover eyes, force out tears) talk in front of a crowd (shudder, wipe eyes, hang head)" while at the same time talking to a crew of cameramen.  You’re not making a speech in front of the UN, Meri.  You’re talking to a fake bunch of “investors” who will give you a hard time for the sake of the show.

“I have (gasp, cover eyes, force out tears) the worst writer’s block right now (shudder, wipe eyes, hang head) and I just don’t know what I’m going to do."  Really, Sobbin?  You had 3 weeks to come up with some load of BS and you wait until the NIGHT BEFORE the presentation to sit down with your legal pad and a Crayola to write something brilliant?

“I've got emotional vomit... and I'm gonna puke on everyone!"  Very mature comments from the Lord High Priest of the family who is going to lead you into Paradise.  But then he just added more points to his total jackass score with the tantrum.  :”When have I ever been in charge? I never get to make any of the decisions.”  Seriously?  How about deciding to come up with that whole bogus “the boogeyman is after us” crap that sent you all fleeing in the middle of the night just so you could fulfill your lifelong dream of living in Sin City. 

The only realistic numbers in that financial discussion were left unsaid – “give us 2.5 million so we can pay off the houses and the peasants in China making our crappy joory (for which we overcharge any patsy stupid enough to buy it) and then kick in the Brown Family Financial plan and declare bankruptcy yet again..  Oops, guess you shouldn’t have given us that money.”

Even if you wanted to buy something from their trashy inventory, you probably couldn’t do it – that horrible website gives nothing but error messages.

They are a bunch of schizophrenics living in an alternate universe.  If they get a dime from that investment group I will throw a rubber brick at the TV.  That will be the ultimate in BS.

• Love 10

Kody tweeted this yesterday:  "Business plan was solid. I don't know what Stan meant by "holes". It was a little over the top with the criticism. Shark tank.

#SisterWives"  

I'm sorry, but I don't recall them pitching a "Business Plan".  What I heard was 4 housewives and too full of himself husband patting themselves on the back for a "business" they built "from the bottom up, out of their garage."  They wanted to tell a story about how awesome they think they are and were hoping to receive all sorts of praise.  They should be grateful for real, honest criticism.  At no point did I hear what would sound like an actual business plan to anyone with a background in business.  A business plan doesn't include the person in charge of boxing up 500 orders over 2 years telling you what her definition of customer service is, or the person in charge of marketing letting you know not to give them more than $2.5 million because they might not work hard enough then... sounded more like a warning to me.

Of course he thinks they were too hard on them, For some reason this family seems to believe everything should be handed to them and asking coupe of questions is somehow "over the top".  The people telling them to get over themselves are 110% right!  I don't know if I can continue watching this show anymore.  They become less likable as time goes on.  And before I forget.... I would love to know where this "everything we touch turns to gold, we've got the midas touch" comes from?  I've always thought Kody was delusional but this comment from him cements it!!  Kody is Delusional with a capital D!

• Love 7

Robyn is raising 4 minor children and she still has time for the business. Meri has no minor children, but can't help with the business at the same time she takes a few college classes?

While I think Meri would like to be a college graduate, I cant help but think this whole going back to college thing is more of a way for her to get out of having to do things to help the others like a good sister wife would be expected to do when she is suddenly faced with so much free time.  She has no interest in watching those rugrats all the time or being expected to put in so many hours building the family business.  If she really wanted to go back to college so bad why didnt she go back when Mariah was in high school?  She used Mariah as an excuse but you cannot convince me that a high school student required a lot of Mommys attention...even for those two enmeshed whiny victims.  Sorry I cant watch your kids tonight but I have to get to sleep early so that I can get up at 4am to run with Mariah.  Sorry I cant ship out the five orders we got this month but Mariah and I are scrap-booking this weekend.  I would love to help but Mariah and I are making another embarrassing quilt that someone is going to hide under their bed.

Get the fuck out of here with that ridiculousness, I think she is just lazy!

I imagine her laying around in her loft watching TV eating bags of caramels with a book and highlighter handy so she can snap back into student mode with a click of the remote and a fast schwoop of the wrappers under the couch.  You just KNOW we are going to hear her throwing out excuses how hard it is to reenter college at her age and how she needs more time to adjust and more time to keep with her classes.  She is setting herself up with the ever ready excuse to get out of doing whatever she doesnt want to do.  "Kody I have a really big test coming up, I have a paper to write, I have to give a presentation and you know how hard that is for me to, this isnt easy going back to college at my age I thought you supported me in this" 

I personally think she started crying about doing the presentation to the investors not because she was afraid but because she felt overwhelmed at having to put the work into it!  She thought that 'others' were going to do all that...you know...all that boring and tedious planning and researching and putting in all that hard thinking.  She looked so aggravated that I expected her to burst out with "I need to conserve my brain power, I am going to be a college student dont ya know."

• Love 10

A few things - I paused the screen when Kody was reviewing his notes before their lame pitch and he had written something about being in the shipping and customer service industry for "over 15 years."  That's interesting as it seems to be a huge secret as to what Kody actually does for a living outside of the show.  And I notice they didn't include him saying that on the show.

I think this entire investor pitch meeting was a set up to create a plot for the show.  Kody knows this guy already and the others did not look like genuine investors.  Kody writing nasty tweets about them is all part of the charade.  I think the pitch itself being filmed for TV was their lame-o strategy for getting people to buy their fugly jewelry, or at least TALK about it online if nothing else and create more interest in the show.  Anything to prevent sagging ratings.

Their website has been continually down since the show.  The "Sisterwife's Closet" Facebook page did not have one single post between VALENTINE's DAY and June 8, when they shared a link because of the show.  And yet there are continual posts from fans who ask questions that are never answered, and then the fans who say that if they put so much into the business why aren't they answering fans' posts?  I am beginning to think even the business itself is a shill for the purposes of the show only.

Meri didn't come off to me as genuine about being afraid of public speaking.  I have that fear myself and it takes one to know one.  I have also known other people with the fear and there are clear signs of it when they finally do present (which I exhibit myself).  She did not flinch an inch during her part and seemed even more comfortable than the others, so I'm calling BS on that one.

• Love 6

Ah Meri, with a Me, not a Mary.   A copier, and a me-tooer.  Can't let the kid go to college, no meri has to go too.  Still doing everything with the kid, not the same school, but the same experience, as far as she knows.

She had the part-time little counseling job   with at-risk kids in Utah before she got canned.  OK.  How nice they hired her at all considering she had no qualifications.  Once the show hit the air, I'd fire her tail too before I got in trouble for paying uneducated people with plenty of personal relationship problems themselves.  She'll go to school an take some psychology classes and lord it over the other wives and play more games.  I'd never allow her near me or a kid of mine.  I'd take a normal person, not me me me Meri.

• Love 1
Ah Meri, with a Me, not a Mary.   A copier, and a me-tooer.  Can't let the kid go to college, no meri has to go too.  Still doing everything with the kid, not the same school, but the same experience, as far as she knows.

At least she didn’t try and turn up at Westminster. I’m not bothered about her wanting to go back to college, it was something she didn’t finish previously and I'd rather she did that than sit around planning continual upgrades to her house as she empty nests, and complains she doesn't have any more kids. Whilst I’m not sure anyone would or should hire a reality star to work with at risk kids she could potentially get another job, that’s way more worth her time than the jewellery. Meri will probably use “college” as her excuse for everything now, but Robyn’s just as batshit about trying to use MSWC as a hook to get people to do what she wants and keep herself the centre of attention. They’re as bad as each other and Janelle is living in cloud cuckoo land if she really believes her figures for the business.

• Love 1
The people telling them to get over themselves are 110% right!  I don't know if I can continue watching this show anymore.  They become less likable as time goes on.

A big AMEN to that.  I stopped watching last year and just kept up with the forums.  Thought I'd give them another chance but after wasting 2 hours of my life that I will never get back watching these self-absorbed idiots who are the poster family for how polygamy sucks - I just can't deal with their smug stupidity any longer. Throw in Kody with that horrible ponytail (a la Jack Nicholson in the Witches of Eastwick) and I get physically ill.  Let me know when it's over.

• Love 1

Why is Mariah not at college? Why is she in the interviews on the show, while Logan and Aspyn have disappeared to college?

Kody tweeted this yesterday:  "Business plan was solid. I don't know what Stan meant by "holes". It was a little over the top with the criticism. Shark tank.

#SisterWives"

Their presentation was unprofessional. They should have had someone stand up there and give the pitch, and then have Janelle do the financials. And they should have practiced it 500 times until they had it cold. Their "business consultant" should have told them that. And that its a business, and investors don't give a crap about your hopes and dreams. And they didn't have a solid plan for turning those Web site visitors into buyers. They really had no plan at all except that 2.5 million dollars would fix everything.

Oh, and suits would have been nice for a business meeting. Just saying. Not to mention having someone who knows how to speak in a professional business capacity. They need a speaking coach and a better business consultant.

• Love 4

I can't even...these people!

First - I looked at their website - if you google it?  On the search results it says "MSWC - Just Another Wordpress Site."  Ok, fine.  You and tons of people use Wordpress but fix that now.  It just looks unprofessional.  Second - the copy on this, dear LORD the copy!  On the front page "Haven't you ever wondered what it would be like to have access to all your friend's closets? My Sisterwife's Closet is a store that will feature the very different styles and tastes of us four sisterwives."

WHY GOD WHY don't you have SOMEONE proof read this.  Hell, use one of the kids - I bet they could clean this up in a heartbeat.

• Love 5
WHY GOD WHY don't you have SOMEONE proof read this.  Hell, use one of the kids - I bet they could clean this up in a heartbeat.

Plus a professional read-over of those idiotic speeches they did.  No uniformity, no clear vision, no real plan. Just their delusional belief that the world is fascinated with their "lifestyle".  News flash, the only fascination is the anticipation of seeing their entitled asses kicked out of the McMansions so that you can come on down to the real world like the rest of us, actually work for a living and live within you means.

And (off topic), eyebleach, I LOVE your name - i feel like I should use that after watching this load of crap.

• Love 5

Why is Mariah not at college? Why is she in the interviews on the show, while Logan and Aspyn have disappeared to college?

I have a feeling it is because she attends a $28,000 a year private school and the show pays her whenever she appears on camera.

Why do none of the wives wear wedding rings anymore?

Also, I checked out their website and it seems they've finally made affordable products available but it seems like it's another company's product they're just selling. However they have Sisterwives spelled incorrectly in the tab, don't know who's area that falls under.

• Love 3

I just can't get past the emotional vomit and puking on everyone comment. He was so proud of that. Like he thought for days and days to come up with that. Really? His temper tantrum with the therapist!! He is always the decision make in that family, I don't know why he thinks he is not. Poor wittle Kody.

I want to know how they afford all this crap. I really wish I could afford to take my whole family to a therapist.

Just what do they do all day? Kody is soooooooo busy. Doing What?

Why does it take months to receive an order from MSWC? Do they wait for someone to order something and then have it made before they can ship it? If they have all this merchandise on hand to ship it would be very expensive. And whose house is it stored in? Robyns garage?

• Love 1
(edited)

I want to know how they afford all this crap. I really wish I could afford to take my whole family to a therapist.

I'm a therapist (LCSW/LISW) and, surprisingly, we are quite affordable. Most will even work on a sliding scale. That said, this provider was most likely paid by the production company.

While watching the show, I decided to use my iPad to check out their website. Clicked on two products and got 404 errors. You'd think that they would make sure their website was in working order when it's mentioned on the show. What I did see: shitty $10 watches sold for $29.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 6

Why does it take months to receive an order from MSWC? Do they wait for someone to order something and then have it made before they can ship it? If they have all this merchandise on hand to ship it would be very expensive. And whose house is it stored in? Robyns garage?

And apparently, they've been billing the customers' credit cards when the order comes in.

It's okay for them to get a pre-authorization when the order comes in, but they aren't supposed to process the sale until the order is ready to ship.  Kinda makes one wonder if there have been any chargebacks against them by customers...The site is so twanky (and it has ALWAYS crashed on Sunday nights ever since they launched it TWO YEARS AGO so it's not like they don't know there's a problem...) that there is no way I'd input my personal info much less my credit card info.  That's a site just screaming "data compromise".

• Love 6
(edited)
Second, pretty much EVERY PAGE has grammar and/or punctuation errors. = tacky

That is my big deal, I hate when I see online errors.  I hired a realtor to sell my Dad's house and the listing she put up had SEVEN grammatical or spelling errors.  I was beside myself, and she tried to blow it off like it didn't matter. 

Watching them pitch their investment reminded me of a 6th grade class completing an assignment to create, market, and find investor's for a pretend company.  Epic fail!

Junior Achievement!! I was in that in Jr. High! Our product we "manufactured" was a glass jar with bunny ears on it and jellybeans in it. 

Kody was reviewing his notes before their lame pitch and he had written something about being in the shipping and customer service industry for "over 15 years."  That's interesting as it seems to be a huge secret as to what Kody actually does for a living outside of the show

On the old site, I had heard that he had a sales/delivery route for Schwanns frozen foods, which is like direct selling.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

@eyebleach--I too love your name!  

When I think of a closet, I think of clothes not jewelry.  Never understood the name they chose for that business.  But who am I to question someone whose every touch turns to gold?

• Love 6

Weird. There are watches and music now for sale, I think it's that band that played at their family celebration commitment plant your roots fiesta. Wow is that joowry overpriced! Holy crap.

The site name that appears at the top of the page, like on the little "tab" (above the web address, I don't know what that's called) says "MY SITERWIFES CLOSET." Basic, basic proofreading, folks!

• Love 8
(edited)

Ratings for what seemed to me to be completely producer driven filler and blatant MSWC promo were not great.  There were 1.568 M viewers and a .5 rating.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 1

Robin's personality is so grating.  She speaks for others, interrupts everyone (especially Cody), thinks she knows it all and continues to believe she is all that when clearly she is not.

I couldn't agree more, Phoenix.  I just can't stand it when she says that polygamists are so special and monogamists suck.  And she says that a lot.  She believes that if Meri goes back to school, Meri will get an outside job and turn away from the family and give up her religion and the whole House of Brown will come crashing down.  If polygamy is so special, Robyn, why would Meri do that?  We've talked about this before but Robyn's insistance that everyone be 100% on-board with the "business" also grates.  Robyn has a dream and it's a really impor-ant dream and everyone in the family must share in this dream or the monogamists win.  *eye roll*

• Love 4

Robyn has a dream and it's a really impor-ant dream and everyone in the family must share in this dream or the monogamists win.  *eye roll*

I don't think it's about pushing for polygamist's rights anymore.  (And I'm not convinced that premise was ever 100% genuine anyway, unless perhaps from Christine.)  I think the real tragedy if the business fails is that they'll all have to get real jobs!!! *gasp!*  

• Love 6

Weird. There are watches and music now for sale, I think it's that band that played at their family celebration commitment plant your roots fiesta. Wow is that joowry overpriced! Holy crap.

The site name that appears at the top of the page, like on the little "tab" (above the web address, I don't know what that's called) says "MY SITERWIFES CLOSET." Basic, basic proofreading, folks!

I think that's on purpose.

Based on past discussions, the investors turning them down, (if they did) will somehow be blamed on the fact that they are polygamists.

• Love 2

The only way they will be turned down because they are polygamists is if there is a new definition of polygamist that means, "shitty business person." But, I do agree that they will THINK it's because they are polygamists. For a group of people that wants to be involved in polygamy, yet left alone, they certainly seem to enjoy crying about being discriminated against because of their polygamy. They must know that their time is nearly up, and are rightfully fearful for their future. I think the fixing up of the Lehi house may be because they know that's where they are headed very soon.

• Love 2

She had the part-time little counseling job   with at-risk kids in Utah before she got canned.  OK.  How nice they hired her at all considering she had no qualifications.

I think she worked at a group home for troubled kids.  She didn't necessarily do any of the counseling, but was one of the staff.

Loved it when their friend said the Browns were lucky the investors didn't get up and walk out.

• Love 3

While watching the show, I decided to use my iPad to check out their website. Clicked on two products and got 404 errors. You'd think that they would make sure their website was in working order when it's mentioned on the show. What I did see: shitty $10 watches sold for $29.

A good friend of mine had a business Web site built for her that included a store, checkout, all that. It cost about $15,000 to create the Web site. Then, depending on how savvy the Browns are (LOL), the site has to be maintained and there needs to be troubleshooting. And for a real, serious online business, it probably shouldn't be on Wordpress. This whole thing is a half-assed effort to make money off their fame. When the show gets cancelled, the business will be gone in less than a year.

I'm really curious about whether their only sources of income are the show and the jewelry. I don't see how they're supporting all those people and all those houses (even if they are really renting them) with just that.

• Love 4