Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Let's Have a Baby

Has anyone ever had their own doctor deliver their baby in sitcom land? Every OBGYN manages to be out of reach while their patient is in labor. 

Sure, but winning the Powerball is probably the best reason for that.

Zach as a doula was perfect.

• Love 1
(edited)
And as a person who doesn't have children and won't have children but who loves a lot of people who have children AND those children, I appreciate how beautifully Jessica St. Clair plays Emma's joy as she tells Mark the story of the baby's birth.

This is me, too, Tara! I really don't like kids in general except for those to whom I'm related, and I mostly just tolerate most of those except for a special one or two (the truth hurts, y'all; I was a terrible kid, too, and hey, I'm not everyone's cup of tea now, really), but I freaking cried during this show. I love it so much. (I love the two leads; I'd watch them anywhere!) The episode reminded me of when my sister called me when she was in labor (two states away) and I could hear my now-six-year-old niece's fetal heartbeat on the monitor. I've never forgotten how special that was, even though babies and pregnant women freak. me. out.

Edited by bilgistic
(edited)

When Emma told Maggie to think about her mom being there, I got a little teary. And yeah, Emma's excitement and joy at Charlotte's birth was fantastically does.

Agreed.  I think I first got a little choked up also when  Emma was telling about how Maggie felt she didn't have the strength to go into her parents funeral,but she did it anyway....etc.  Oh man... *gulp* And it was really good acting by both. Going into the show,I was happily surprised how good they both are at the dramatic parts because I just expected pure comedy and nothing of the heart felt variety.  They both do their crying scenes so well. Damn it show, I was not expecting this!   But then again, I'm always amazed and impressed when actors make their crying scenes so believable.

I did like this ep better than ep#10 though.   I think Totes Kewl was my least fave....and Bird Bones was my fave, along with Unfinished Business,Spaghetti and Meatballs, and 37 Weeks.

Babies ruin sitcoms. We all know this.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 1