Type keyword(s) to search

S38: David Wright

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Meet David

Hometown: Philadelphia

Current Residence: Sherman Oaks, California

Previous Season: Millennials vs Gen-X

Personal Claim to Fame: Lasting 38 days of a 39-day Survivorgame.

Hobbies: Chess, 3D printing/making puzzles, and figuring out how to live forever.

Pet Peeves: Sudden loud noises, people who don’t use the turn signal, people who don’t clean the lint trap after using the dryer, people who don’t keep their dog on a leash and then act surprised when it jumps on me, people who believe in ghosts and psychics, and people who incorrectly use the word nonplussed. People.

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? Paint brush, paint, and a  canvas: to make fake advantages, clues, and fake idols

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I relate most to David Wright. That bald nerd just needs a hug.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The first time I played I got a lot of unexpected growth as a person. This is my second chance and this time I’m going to earn the title of Sole Survivor!

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR:  I am going to win Survivor by applying all of the skills and knowledge gained from my first time playing the game in which I lasted 38 days. I’m going to play even harder to outwit, outplay and outlast!

Shows how well I remember MvsGX.  I thought David was on the millennials tribe, and that he went out way earlier than he did.  That said, he was one of the few casting bright spots in an otherwise meh season.  Aside from Michaela, whose already returned, he was really the only other one I wanted to see back.  

I went to college with David, nice guy. We worked on a TV comedy show together for a year.

Funny thing, one day I ran into Survivor contestant Aubry at a food truck. I mentioned she looked familiar, but couldn't quite place where I knew her from. She said I probably recognized her from Survivor. Then it clicked. "Were you on Millennials vs Gen X?" I asked. "No, I was on the season before that." "Oh, that's right. My friend David was on the Gen X tribe so that's the one I watched." 

She instantly knew who David was, and said they'd become friends on the Survivor circuit. Said she'd pass along a hello from me. 

• Love 3

I am afraid that David may be the first one out. It happens a lot when there are returning players that the new players want to vote them out first so they don't get to win, thus the Edge of Extinction twist, they want to keep Joe there as long as possible.

• Love 3
On 2/16/2019 at 3:30 PM, himela said:

I am afraid that David may be the first one out. It happens a lot when there are returning players that the new players want to vote them out first so they don't get to win, thus the Edge of Extinction twist, they want to keep Joe there as long as possible.

I could also see the first timers ganging up on a guy like David, based upon "anybody but me" and that he could be a big threat.   

On 2/12/2019 at 5:38 PM, LadyChatts said:

That said, he was one of the few casting bright spots in an otherwise meh season.

It's funny, because mvgx has six contestants who've been back or will be back on television -- Michaela, Zeke, and David on Survivor, Jay over on MTV Ex on the Beach and

Spoiler

Chris and Bret on an upcoming Amazing Race season.

I think that's a pretty high average for a recent season, and to me, that's indicative of the casting.

Anyway, David is delightful, even if his Instagram is mostly pictures of his girlfriend's dog, and only the occasional witty observations he was so good at on Survivor. I'm excited to see him again.

• Love 1

I love players that give good confessionals, and in addition to the episode title (aptly describing the whispering tribal council sessions as the "Worst Cocktail Party Ever"), David had so many gems this episode. "We're so far on the edge of extinction, they've stopped looking for us" and "we're like the last four dodo birds on the island," but my absolute favorite was:

"Wardog is creating a war, I guess that's what war dogs do. It's divisive. We need to be united."

The TV writer writes himself some pretty clever dialogue.

• Love 6

They (I don't know who "they" are) say, that you live and die by the confessionals. I know that RHAP says sometimes the people that aren't shown don't give good confessionals a lot of time. Granted, it's not fair that it would affect your air time but someone like David & Aubry just excel at them. I agree that David is going with the story. I don't know how much is prepared in advanced before he goes out there but he has an answer for everything.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They (I don't know who "they" are) say, that you live and die by the confessionals. I know that RHAP says sometimes the people that aren't shown don't give good confessionals a lot of time. Granted, it's not fair that it would affect your air time but someone like David & Aubry just excel at them. I agree that David is going with the story. I don't know how much is prepared in advanced before he goes out there but he has an answer for everything.

David also seems to be enjoying himself.  That, plus being articulate and observant, makes for good confessionals!

• Love 6