Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Regal Rumble

Heh.  I love that Hulu has this one sentence summary for this ep;

The ruse may be ruined.

Reminder of Rules for Posting Here:

The rules here will be the same as they are for Orange is the New Black or another show that drops all at the same time:

1) Only talk about the specific episode in this thread, or reference things that happened in earlier episodes.  NO DISCUSSION OF THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN FUTURE EPISODES outside of spoiler tags;

2) Comments about the season as a whole, or that reference material from multiple episodes can be put in the "Season 1 Wrap-up" thread.  Or feel free to create character threads if you want to talk about a women (or several of them) individually.

3) All other threads (character threads, theme threads, etc. MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS as people are allowed to discuss anything from any point of the season there.  So proceed with caution if you haven't finished the season.

Understandola?

I can't believe we weren't treated to at least 2 scenes of Kelley gloating over Meghan's ouster.  There was actually no mention of it at all, which seems weird.

Those togas were maybe the cheapest-ass looking costumes I've ever seen on TV.  I mean, did they come from Walmart's Halloween costume aisle?

Rose was almost unrecognizable without makeup.  Am I the only one who thought she was more attractive without it?

I'm surprised they didn't have them do a tandem bungee jump like they always do on the Bachelor.  Maybe that temporary bungee jumping contraption couldn't do two at once?

"I really hate lying to all these women."  Oh, well, good thing that's not THE ENTIRE PREMISE OF THE SHOW!!

Unlike Kelley, Karina the professional sex kitten just knows how to throw herself at a man.  Of course she was the best kisser. No small talk, just the bedroom please.

I've been counting the number of times Kelley said "whatever it takes" since the beginning and I am at 637. OMG so much tongue!  Has she ever kissed anyone in her whole life before?  Probs not.  Quoting Kelley about Rose: "it's like she's never kissed anyone in her whole life."  Another great quote: "When I'm around you, I'm a little kkkrazy."  No shit, Sherlock.

GERMS! OMG so much germs.

Rose is indeed prettier without makeup.  Stunning in fact.  How good looking do you have to be that makeup makes you looks worse?

I can't stand the slow reveal from FakeHarry.  "I would.......... like........ for you........... to.......... erm........." -insert ad break-

I can't stand the slow reveal from FakeHarry.  "I would.......... like........ for you........... to.......... erm........." -insert ad break-

Well the executive producer IS Ryan Seacrest, who says "And the person.........who is....................................going home.............tonight .......................is........................................   going to be revealed after the break. "

• Love 1
(edited)

I am clearly not a party girl- because the kissing game they played grossed me out.

Also, Rose says "I left at peace", no, she looked like she leaved effing pissed.  Also, he totally leaned in for a goodbye kiss, and she denied that.

Edited by Skittl1321
  • Love 3

Cancellation's too good for this show.

Despite being successful with hinting, they outright lie about "Harry". They send home Meghan who's making it fun, and then Rose who is on board despite figuring it out. But choose to string along Kelley, who is keep-her-away-from-your-pets crazy. It's as if their mission statement is to be assholes.

All on top of tacky props, unbelievable circumstances*, and terrible attention to detail. And as if this wasn't bad enough, this show must have the worst ADR I've ever heard. It doesn't even sound like humans speaking, let alone a sentence they just happened to say off-camera.

On the bright side, the final 3 makes for an easy game of Marry/Fuck/Kill. Rose, please go join Meghan in too-good-for-this-crap land. For what it's worth, you were always the most my type.**

* Of all the reasons this show would never happen, the biggest to me is the idea that Harry would spend his 29th birthday with 4 women he just met and zero friends/family.

** By "my type" I mean vastly out of my league, but given the chance I would disappoint you so hard!

• Love 3

I am clearly not a party girl- because the kissing game they played grossed me out.

Also, Rose says "I left at peace", no, she looked like she leaved effing pissed.  Also, he totally leaned in for a goodbye kiss, and she denied that.

Word on that kissing game bit, I'd be so worried about germs and sores, etc.  Omg, just thinking about Kelley trying to impale Matt with her tongue makes me want to dry heave.

And I saw him lean in for that kiss only to get air.  That entire scene was off, they failed with those those half-assy voiceovers.

Despite being successful with hinting, they outright lie about "Harry". They send home Meghan who's making it fun, and then Rose who is on board despite figuring it out. But choose to string along Kelley, who is keep-her-away-from-your-pets crazy. It's as if their mission statement is to be assholes.

* Of all the reasons this show would never happen, the biggest to me is the idea that Harry would spend his 29th birthday with 4 women he just met and zero friends/family.

I'm beyond annoyed he got rid of Meghan--who would have had an epic battle with Kelley--and Rose.  And yeah, why kick her off?  I would think keeping her would create another layer of tension...gah, stupid producers.

Word to the birthday party thing.  A cheap-ass toga party for Prince Henry of Wales' 29th??  [Meghan voice]Come ON![/Meghan voice]  They could have brought in some extras and had then pretend to be his military friends or Royal cousins or something.

Wow, Kelley turned into Single White Female so gradually, I didn't even notice. I find it utterly hysterical that Matt will only kiss her on the cheek. If that was me, I'd have eliminated myself at this point. But she does make for good TV.

I don't get the feeling Rose was actually on board with who he was, and of course, the producers must have been terrified she would reveal his secret. I don't blame her, actually -- she must've been sort of skeeved out realizing she'd been kissing this random English dude. And just to say "My name is Matt Hicks" (plus no other explanation) almost made it creepier. Like she'd been catfished in real life...or something.

I still like Kimberly, though bless her lack of royal knowledge. If the uber-partier Prince Harry looked terrified to bungee jump, that probably should've been a tipoff. Can't wait for the finale!

• Love 2
(edited)

Didn't real prince Harry do like military paratroop training at one point? You'd think he could bungee jump no problem.

Edit: oh, maybe not. But he has gone sky diving and bungee jumping.

Edited by Skittl1321

That party scene was all kinds of uncomfortable with the togas, and the 69 on the Greek Twister game, and the kissing game...I kept waiting for the butler to show up and say, if you haven't caught on yet, the Greeks invented 0r g ! es. wink-wink.

But even more cringeworthy was the ever-increasing cray-cray from Kelly who will henceforth (with one whole episode to go!) be known as Krazy Kelly. The look on Matt's face when she pounced on him and admitted that she gets crazy around him was all holy sh!t, what did I do?! (Although that could have been edited in.) Well, I haven't seen any spoilers that this show was pulled because it ended in a mass murder if Krazy Kelly wasn't picked, but I could easily see it going that way. However, based on Krazy Kelly gathering evidence on Karina's ex-boyfriend, I'm guessing Krazy Kelly will do the same thing to Karina that she did to Megan in the last episode. (Karina WAS THERE when that happend. Does she not realize that Krazy WILL use this information against her?! Not even questioning why she's asking so many questions about her ex?!) Not a spoiler, just a guess: I would assume Krazy is going blow her own chances with NotHarry while attempting to destroy Karina's chances...and that would leave Kim, who seems relatively normal. She definitely got a "genuine connection" edit (or as genuine as it can be with someone who's totally lying about who he is) this episode and the previous episode, too.

Love how Rose caught on that the security guards and paparazzi seemed like actors BECAUSE THEY ARE. I would not want this ditzy hoochie teaching my preschool child, but you earned some points there. Funny how yesterday (before seeing this episode) my suggestion for improvement was the episode ending with the outsted girl finding out that he wasn't really Harry--and it finally happened! Granted, she kind of just got up and left once he said "My name is Matt," but the whole rest of the scene with her confronting him was SO much more interesting than the other three "I...liked you...when we first met...but...I'm not sure we have a connection...so...I...need to ask...you to...................................................................................................stay another night!"